Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PETE'S BROTHER
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2007

and we're pussies? your cuntry's theatres suck.
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
      and we're pussies? your cuntry's theatres suck.
      I never said you were pussies .... And yeah they do but hey ho our pubs Rock
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• vandeleur
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Sep 2009

Tickets bought for Friday 530pm .... Looking good

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

have fun and have a few broons or whatever
          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Early reviews are pretty good, and surprisingly spoiler-free.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• vandeleur
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Sep 2009

To be honest I thought spoilers would be everywhere, not that am looking for them .I guess after this weekend the whole story will be out.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

There have been a lot of spoilers. I quit reading them a few months ago. Another friend wants to go see the movie but she doesn't want to go alone and asked if I was going to see it more than once. I told her we'd go but she says I can't say "this part is great!" or anything, and I'm ok with that. I'll go again just to look for things in the background I missed.

The books for Episodes 5 and 6 came out a couple weeks before the movies. I don't think the novelization for this one comes out until after Christmas.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Reading a lot of positive reviews. Feeling a little less "I'm gonna hate it!"

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by twonabomber
                    Early reviews are pretty good, and surprisingly spoiler-free.
                    Sounds like it's political correctness gone mad, full of women and blacks.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I heard a review from a younger woman who thought the original Star Wars movies were shit but she liked the new one.

It's encouraged me to take the family at the weekend none of whom have seen a minute of the other 6. I've only seen about 20 minutes of the prequels myself.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by vandeleur
                        To be honest I thought spoilers would be everywhere, not that am looking for them .I guess after this weekend the whole story will be out.

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Okay. No spoilers for a week or so.

Excellent movie! Shot very well, the real sets and costumes vs green screen and CGI characters look great. One of the few CGI characters looks a billion times better than CGI Yoda that replaced the puppet in Ep 1, but it's 15 years after that so I guess it better.

Kind of fast-paced, the two spots where it could have slowed down were not dragged out too long. Abrams doesn't waste any time establishing who a couple people are, and by the end you've got a pretty good idea who another is.

Plenty of humor! And not pandering to kids, like "okey dokey roger roger" battle droids or alien creature poop and fart gags. A well placed, obligatory "I've got a bad feeling about this" and some other funny lines.

My friend is a casual fan and said that she didn't feel like she had to see even the original trilogy to know what was going on in this one. The story is kind of similar to Ep 4 in a few ways. They throw out a couple references to the originals but don't dwell on it too long. The returning cast isn't all revealed at once, they make their appearances throughout the movie.

Daisy Ridley and John Boyega were good. I still think Adam Driver is a little pouty for a super villain. Andy Serkis' character is not much different than some of his other characters.

And a teeny little detail...at the very beginning, obviously the 20th Century Fox logo and fanfare have been removed before the Lucasfilm logo. I had read somewhere that there was a new fanfare written to be played over the Disney and then Lucasfilm logos. Instead, after the trailers, the screen went black, the Lucasfilm logo came up silently, and then "a long time ago..." I thought that was kind of cool. The Bad Robot tag didn't even show up until the very end.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

Van Halen
Secrets
Estadio Obras Sanitarias
Buenos Aires
Argentina
1983-02-11

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Just printed my tickets. We're going tomorrow for the 12:30 3D show. I wonder how early we need to show up so we don't get stuck in the shitty seats...
                              American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Never seen any of this shit, never will! Sci-Fi sucks ass!

Comment

Working...