What the hell do you all mean by having plans on a Friday night?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Satan
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Irony here is that Pabst itself is now merely a shell company owned by some Greek predatory capitalist. So it's only an "American" company by technicality.
    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• DONNIEP
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

I don't think I've seen a PBR commercial in years.
      American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        Article about it here http://www.salon.com/2008/08/11/pabst_blue_ribbon/

It's funny that Pabst are now trying to market to all-American beer drinkers alienated by Anheuser-Busch’s sale to a Belgian corporation.

I was the opposite previously boycotting Bud because of Anheuser-Busch...

Not that I ever drank it very often.
        I'm not sure if it's fact but they used to put formaldehyde in Budwieser products sold outside of the US as an extra preservative. The Budwieser I tried to drink in Asia didn't taste the same as Bud does here. The only American beer that I found to be drinkable over there was purchased here. The Navy used to (not sure they still do) carry a certain amount of beer onboard ship for drinking if the ship is out to sea for more than three months at a time. The only time you'd be at sea for that long on a surface ship from the Pacific fleet would be in the Indian Ocean near the Persian Gulf.
        I went to a keg party in a campground once where they were drinking Pabst. After an hour or so most of the other people there were puking their guts up. I was one of the only people standing after a couple more. I guess I have a higher tolerance for shitty tasting beer. I was probably the only person who drove home that night. The rest of them passed out in their cars or slept in the dirt that night.
        Last edited by cadaverdog; 05-03-2014, 07:20 PM.
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Satan
          People actually drink that shit?

That's one of the beers I keep on tap down here in Hell to torment the damned!
          I'm not a fan of it, but it ain't THAT bad....

Apparently is was chosen as the "hipster beer" because not just was it cheaper than Pudwieser and wChOORS, it's actually better with a distinctive after taste. They also don't advertize, which was another plus...

It was on tap at a local watering hole by my work, and it's not bad on tap. But FFS I wouldn't want it as the last beer on earth by any means...
          Last edited by Nickdfresh; 05-03-2014, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            Article about it here http://www.salon.com/2008/08/11/pabst_blue_ribbon/

It's funny that Pabst are now trying to market to all-American beer drinkers alienated by Anheuser-Busch’s sale to a Belgian corporation.

I was the opposite previously boycotting Bud because of Anheuser-Busch...

Not that I ever drank it very often.

I could give a fuck who owns them. I actually drink Stella on occasion. I actually thing Bud isn't too terrible, as long as it's not the light beer version, which should be used to give enemas only. But damn, is there a chemical preservative (most likely) in there that gives one hell of a hangover...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Satan
              Irony here is that Pabst itself is now merely a shell company owned by some Greek predatory capitalist. So it's only an "American" company by technicality.
              Originally posted by DONNIEP
              I don't think I've seen a PBR commercial in years.
              I believe at the beginning of the hipster Pabst craze, PBR was owned by a nonprofit holding entity or something. I think they had to sell it because they were actually making too much money because ironically they were a nonprofit that didn't advertize and wasn't some snooty craft brew outfit...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I have to say, it's pretty damn good for a shitty beer.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Cheap beers rule. Fuck a bunch of boysenberry and all that other shit microbrew crap. You're not supposed to sit around with a bunch of guys and talk about all the flavors in the beer you're drinking. Fuck that. It's supposed to taste like beer. Period. You drink it, you catch a buzz, you make sure the chick you got your eye on drinks it too. End of story.
                  American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

Cheap beers rule. Fuck a bunch of boysenberry and all that other shit microbrew crap. You're not supposed to sit around with a bunch of guys and talk about all the flavors in the beer you're drinking. Fuck that. It's supposed to taste like beer. Period. You drink it, you catch a buzz, you make sure the chick you got your eye on drinks it too. End of story.
                    I'm not into yuppie beer but there's cheap beer that tastes alright and cheap beer that tastes like horse piss. I drank Meister Brau a few times. It's cheap but it's drinkable. My brother buys Busch. It's cheap but it's not drinkable. He buys it so nobody else drinks it.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                      I have to say, it's pretty damn good for a shitty beer.
                      Some people like Bud. Some people like Coors. If you like one you probably don't like the other. I haven't had a Pabst since the kegger I went to when I was a teenager but I didn't like it then so I probably wouldn't like it now.
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I honestly never tried it before until a couple of weeks ago. I bought a 6 pack of 16 oz. cans for $4 and change and was pleasantly surprised.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I like the cheap shit, but after drinking cheap for 20 odd years, craft beer sampling is kinda cool. I've become an IPA person, but I do need a break from them every now and then. They certainly don't refresh after mowing the lawn like a shit beer.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                            Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

What do you mean AFTER mowing the lawn? You don't have a cup holder on the mower ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh dear.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                              I like the cheap shit, but after drinking cheap for 20 odd years, craft beer sampling is kinda cool. I've become an IPA person, but I do need a break from them every now and then. They certainly don't refresh after mowing the lawn like a shit beer.

What kind of cheap swill does Mr. Anderson drink?
                              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
                                What do you mean AFTER mowing the lawn? You don't have a cup holder on the mower ?
                                Reminds me my cupholder broke off my mower last year... Fathers Day is coming up... I'll text the kids immediately!!
                                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...