X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I thought I saw a Hellcat Charger at the grocery store the other day. Turns out someone added Hellcat badges to a V6 Charger SXT...
    Last edited by twonabomber; 11-04-2016, 03:44 PM.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
      I thought I saw a Hellcat Charger at the grocery store the other day. Turns out someone added Hellcat badges to a V6 Charger SXT...dummy.
      LMFAO!! I often see the faux "SS" badge on Chevy Cobalts...

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

There were Cobalt SS models. One with a supercharger, and later with a turbo.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I would give my left testicle for a Hellcat!

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Well, it is a car for those with a small penis.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen

I'd probably get a 392 Charger...and not drive it, just like my SRT that mostly sits in the garage now!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

There were Cobalt SS models. One with a supercharger, and later with a turbo.
                I know. The ones I'm talking about have the 2.2L EcooldTech LOL

The 2.0L Turbo is GM's stock performance boost for small cars and some Cadillacs and Cameros as well...

Comment

• Von Halen
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
                  Well, my penis has never failed to satisfy me.

Now move along to the taxi cab forum, since you drive one.

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    I know. The ones I'm talking about have the 2.2L EcooldTech LOL
                    There's a local Cobalt group. Blacked out, dropped, bunch of stick-on shit...not sure if they're legit SS or just trying to look the part. Gotta laugh when they leave together and all the cars sound like lawnmowers.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                      It's definitely a penis-extension, for sure. The guy across the street is overweight and old, but a decent fellow. He dumped his recent purchase Stingray for the Hellcat, but he's still not getting young pussy...

I personally wouldn't want one unless it came in a 6-speed manual...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

There's a local Cobalt group. Blacked out, dropped, bunch of stick-on shit...not sure if they're legit SS or just trying to look the part. Gotta laugh when they leave together and all the cars sound like lawnmowers.
                        I have driven the equivalent to the Cobalt SS, the Saturn Ion Redline (Redline was Sat's performance tag). Same engine with shitty, warping plastic body panels around it. Still, the Redline is considered one of the most overlooked performance budget cars and it was a tremendous bang for the buck. Drove like a fucking bat out of hell, but they had their issues like all that eras turbos did...

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Well, my penis has never failed to satisfy me.
                          How can it when no one ever wants you to use it?

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            I have driven the equivalent to the Cobalt SS, the Saturn Ion Redline (Redline was Sat's performance tag). Same engine with shitty, warping plastic body panels around it. Still, the Redline is considered one of the most overlooked performance budget cars and it was a tremendous bang for the buck. Drove like a fucking bat out of hell, but they had their issues like all that eras turbos did...
                            Everything is going to go turbo. Even the new Wrangler is rumored to be getting a turbo 4 option.

Friend of mine had a Cavalier Z24 and I remember the torque steer from a hard launch...now I look it up and they only made 130 hp and 155 lb-ft torque! Car was about 1,000 pounds lighter than today's comparable models.

I haven't driven many FWDs in the last ten years or so. Brought an Alitma home about a year ago to replace the serp belt, and I rented a Malibu to drive to Toronto for the VH show in '12. I like the idea of a hot hatchback, but I don't want a Focus or Fiesta, and I don't like VW. Cuntsidered a 500 Abarth last spring, local dealer had 2015's marked down to $16k. But then I saw a couple go down the track at this big car show I go to in August, and damn they seemed slow. Sound nice though.

Everything I have now is either RWD or RWD/4WD. I'll probably end up with another RWD.
                            Last edited by twonabomber; 11-05-2016, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• twonabomber
                              formerly F A T
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The LX cars will be around until 2020. They will be replaced for the 2021 model year, on Alfa Romeo's new "Giorgio" platform. And if Trump makes the EPA back off on CAFE standards, then the Hemis will be around for a while too.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Everything is going to go turbo. Even the new Wrangler is rumored to be getting a turbo 4 option.

Friend of mine had a Cavalier Z24 and I remember the torque steer from a hard launch...now I look it up and they only made 130 hp and 155 lb-ft torque! Car was about 1,000 pounds lighter than today's comparable models.

I haven't driven many FWDs in the last ten years or so. Brought an Alitma home about a year ago to replace the serp belt, and I rented a Malibu to drive to Toronto for the VH show in '12. I like the idea of a hot hatchback, but I don't want a Focus or Fiesta, and I don't like VW. Cuntsidered a 500 Abarth last spring, local dealer had 2015's marked down to $16k. But then I saw a couple go down the track at this big car show I go to in August, and damn they seemed slow. Sound nice though.

Everything I have now is either RWD or RWD/4WD. I'll probably end up with another RWD.
                                The newer turbos are different AFAIK, they used to be oil-cooled which was like dousing a glowing, red hot electric oven heating coil with motor oil and which is why they were calling for synthetic. Now they're using the (antifreeze/coolant) cooling system and there are also better oil coolers. Ford SHO's are a good example of this, they just call for the semi-syn 5W-30 stock Ford Motorcraft oil. On the other hand, one of the worst older used car is a VW turbo 1.8L that was notorious for failures, sludging and coking due to fucktards using conventional oil in them. Now, no VW using conventional oil, even the naturally aspirated ones...
                                Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-13-2016, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Working...