Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

And for all of you who think everybody should just have the "choice" to off themselves...Sure. They should. And they do all the time. But they leave behind people who are fucked up forever. Don't believe me? Here's a good example...

I used to date this chick. We'll call her Jealousy. Anyways, we split up for various reasons, my whoring not one of them I'm sure, and then we got back together. In the interim, her mother climbed into bed one day and poured gasoline all over herself. Then she lit a match and didn't even move from the spot she was in. She burned to a motherfucking crisp, right there in the spot where she lit herself on fire. Well, she had the right and the "freedom" to off herself, right? Her kid, Jealousy, was in her early 20s and is still to this day fucked up like a motherfucking rubber duck. Yeah, she's a good mom. Yeah, she gets through the day. But when I talk to her, when we see each other, it doesn't take too long until she says "Why did she do that? Why didn't she just call me? Or just call somebody, anybody?"

The pain that a suicide leaves behind never ends.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

One of our local news shows had a medical professional that deals with depression. He said 18% of the US deals with some kind of depression. He said many of his patients hear voices in their heads telling them to off themselves or do crazy stuff. He said there is no test for bipolar or schitzophrenia and you just have to ask questions and do some detective work. The more I listened to this guy the more I learned it's not an exact science and frankly nobody has all the answers. Sometimes the medication helps sometimes it makes people worse. I've even heard people who work around schitzophrenics in mental institutions conclude some of these people just seem to be possessed by something.

Frankly it's a world I don't relate to. I never once wanted to kill myself and I don't get how someone with a nice family could off themselves. It sounds like the so called professionals don't have all the answers either. All I know is it's the family and friends who suffer.
      Last edited by Nitro Express; 08-13-2014, 12:00 PM.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
        One of our local news shows had a medical professional that deals with depression. He said 18% of the US deals with some kind of depression.
        The figure for people on this forum is much higher...

Just listened to an interesting podcast with Robin Williams from a few years ago where he discusses suicide - poignant.

Robin Williams passed away on August 11, 2014. This is Marc’s conversation with Robin from April 26, 2010, as well as Marc’s reflections about the great comedian and actor.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
          And for all of you who think everybody should just have the "choice" to off themselves...Sure. They should. And they do all the time. But they leave behind people who are fucked up forever. Don't believe me? Here's a good example...

I used to date this chick. We'll call her Jealousy. Anyways, we split up for various reasons, my whoring not one of them I'm sure, and then we got back together. In the interim, her mother climbed into bed one day and poured gasoline all over herself. Then she lit a match and didn't even move from the spot she was in. She burned to a motherfucking crisp, right there in the spot where she lit herself on fire. Well, she had the right and the "freedom" to off herself, right? Her kid, Jealousy, was in her early 20s and is still to this day fucked up like a motherfucking rubber duck. Yeah, she's a good mom. Yeah, she gets through the day. But when I talk to her, when we see each other, it doesn't take too long until she says "Why did she do that? Why didn't she just call me? Or just call somebody, anybody?"

The pain that a suicide leaves behind never ends.
          Sometimes they don't off themselves. They off others. A good friend of mine growing up had a mom who dressed and acted younger than her age. She had to have the best clothes. Best car. Flaunted that her husband made good money. She was a bit nuts. Anyways her husband started having an affair with his secretary, fell in love and blind sided the crazy wife. Divorce. The family splits up with some moving to another city with their dad and some staying with mom.

The crazy mom would have these flings with gulable men and divorce and remarry. On the fourth one she blew him away with a 12 guage when he was sleeping. Arrested. Diagonsed with schitzophrenia and sent to a lifetime of being locked up in a high security mental institution ran by the state.

I don't know what's worse. Having mom off herself or having mom off someone else.

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

One of our local news shows had a medical professional that deals with depression. He said 18% of the US deals with some kind of depression. He said many of his patients hear voices in their heads telling them to off themselves or do crazy stuff. He said there is no test for bipolar or schitzophrenia and you just have to ask questions and do some detective work. The more I listened to this guy the more I learned it's not an exact science and frankly nobody has all the answers. Sometimes the medication helps sometimes it makes people worse. I've even heard people who work around schitzophrenics in mental institutions conclude some of these people just seem to be possessed by something.

Frankly it's a world I don't relate to. I never once wanted to kill myself and I don't get how someone with a nice family could off themselves. It sounds like the so called professionals don't have all the answers either. All I know is it's the family and friends who suffer.
            Oh please. I get depressed from time to time too. And I hear voices telling me what to do. Ok, usually it's Warf and he's on the phone going all Wooooooo!!! Ric Flair style, but I hear them too.

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Just listened to an interesting podcast with Robin Williams from a few years ago where he discusses suicide - poignant.

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episod...robin_williams
              Robin Williams left behind a lot of brilliant work. He will be remembered for that. Frankly nobody understands why he did what he did and he probably didn't either. He wanted to get away from something. He made his escape. Sadly his family, friends, and even his fans deal with the cold hard reality. Apparently the man was too far inside of some dark menacing fog to think rationally or care. Call it selfishness. Call it being out of it. Whatever. Nobody has an answer, just guesses.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                Oh please. I get depressed from time to time too. And I hear voices telling me what to do. Ok, usually it's Warf and he's on the phone going all Wooooooo!!! Ric Flair style, but I hear them too.
                I watched an interview with Ric Flair. The man was a man's man. Ric delivered 110% and not only that, all of Ric's dreams came true because he made them come true. He said he got way more back than he ever thought possible and at the end of the interview he was teary eyed appreciating how good life had been to him. There you go man. Ric Flair is the shit!

Hey if the depression is seeping in, let out a Woooooooo! and body slam someone. You will feel better!
                Last edited by Nitro Express; 08-13-2014, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

I watched an interview with Ric Flair. The man was a man's man. Ric delivered 110% and not only that, all of Ric's dreams came true because he made them come true. He said he got way more back than he ever thought possible and at the end of the interview he was teary eyed appreciating how good life had been to him. There you go man. Ric Flair is the shit!

Hey if the depression is seeping in, let out a Woooooooo! and body slam someone. You will feel better!
                  You talkin' to the Rolex wearin....

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

The real Ric Flair. The man behind the alter ego and yes he's humble.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

See, that's the thing. He was always humble. He just never showed it on camera. He hurt ONE guy, one time, while he was wrestling. Sting. It was an accident but it almost killed Flair. The thing with Flair that's probably similar to Robin is this, and other people have said it too, the only person who doesn't know he's Ric Flair is Ric Flair. And it was probably true with Robin. The only person who didn't know how great he was and how cool he was (a few crappy movies notwithstanding) was probably him. And that's a shame.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Flair hurt Sting? Good! I always liked Stewart and Andy but I never cared for that asshole Sting. Just because you are the lead singer of The Police doesn't mean you are a god.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          It'll be nearly 100% when I'm gone...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ELVIS
                            It'll be nearly 100% when I'm gone...
                            So, is you're old g'bye thread going to be re-opened, or are you just going to pepper your 'fond farewells' throughout the whole joint?

Comment

• dazzlindino
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                              So, is you're old g'bye thread going to be re-opened, or are you just going to pepper your 'fond farewells' throughout the whole joint?

probably will just have a new alias....like lisa marie or some such...and just say he left....
                              I want my music waking up the dead.....dont tell me to turn it down

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I think his lovable personality would shine through...

Comment

Working...