X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Wolf
    Full On Cocktard
    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Carloscda
    Bottom line with everything digital now buying records are not the way they use to be. No matter what genera no one's making money like they use to.
    Yeah, it's unfortunately true that digital saves them all cash and is convenient for purchase. There's something far more special about official digital copies, though, particularly if you enjoy the art. While it's true that iTunes gives you the option to printout the booklet/liner notes, for instance, that just doesn't feel the same to me personally as having the genuine item.

Comment

• Angel
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

And now, back on topic. The marketing and distribution has changed, but there's a lot of good music out there if you look for it...
      "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• cadaverdog
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Angel
        And how about you cite your reputable source, and no, Wiki doesn't suffice. Let's go with Oxford:

Hostility to or prejudice against Jews. I dislike the religion just as much as all the others. I'm probably the most non-racist person you could ever meet...

Idiot.
        Lets go with kiss my ass Angel. Obviously the right there post was a fucking joke. As I already told you I don't give a fuck if everybody in the middle east kills each other. They're all heathens.
        Beware of Dog

Comment

• Angel
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
          Because I don't agree with your politics? Whatever Eva.
          ??? You're too fucking stupid to even waste my time with...
          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Mushroom
            Commando
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
            I know some of you don't give two fucks about Slipknot, but Corey Taylor does make a good point about those fucking CD cases.

Yet again I fail to see any redeeming quality in slipnot. This manchild acts like a 7 year old with ADHD. And to boot, sounds like he has no technique for opening sealed jewel cases. I have 30 years experience and no problem.
            Last edited by Mushroom; 09-08-2014, 12:48 AM.

Comment

• Satan
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

http://www.israel21c.org/news/holy-s...-world-record/
              Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
              I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

??? You're too fucking stupid to even waste my time with...
                You started it dumbass. Why do you give a fuck if I call Ford an anti-semite? Sounds like you need a nose job.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Aug 2007

I think you're the one with the sock fetish pal. Must be a liberal thing.
                  Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

And now, back on topic. The marketing and distribution has changed, but there's a lot of good music out there if you look for it...
                    There's probably more local talent than people realize. To be a big star you need the marketing and distribution machine. The record labels provided that.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• cadaverdog
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      There's probably more local talent than people realize. To be a big star you need the marketing and distribution machine. The record labels provided that.
                      I think one of the main reasons that rock and roll appears to be dying has more to do with the fact young people have alot more to entertain themselves nowdays than listening to or playing music.
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

• ashstralia
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        I think one of the main reasons that rock and roll appears to be dying has more to do with the fact young people have alot more to entertain themselves nowdays than listening to or playing music.
                        You would be correct there, CDawg. I have a vested interest in the music industry, I remember having a convo with one of Australia's largest instrument importer at a music trade show about how to get kids wanting to play in rock bands again.

In 1997.

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

Ironically, a lot of bands here (young hipsters and 'heritage' alike) still press their music onto hq vinyl. There are still a few Aussie companies providing the service, and people are buying it.

A local young band I know just produced a limited run of a single, sold em all before they were pressed.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            Oh FFS, which Simmons is a bigger whoremongering fucking queen? Gene or Richard?
                            Time for me to bring up another Sam Kinison routine at the 3:40 mark:

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                              If you got paid then you sold out. And I hope you sold out every show
                              "I never sold out... I bought in."

Name that movie

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by David Wolf
                                Yeah, it's unfortunately true that digital saves them all cash and is convenient for purchase. There's something far more special about official digital copies, though, particularly if you enjoy the art. While it's true that iTunes gives you the option to printout the booklet/liner notes, for instance, that just doesn't feel the same to me personally as having the genuine item.
                                I now feel just how my Dad probably felt when albums went the way of the tape, then CD. I love the CD format for purchase and I miss 'the hunt' at new and used CD stores. Getting them on line just ain't the same, but better than nothing. I just hate where technology is going with official product. You have to have full trust in your computer and your own computing skills (of which I have next to none) to manage your collection. Yuck! I want my shit stacked on a shelf where I can sees it, dang it! I'll take an IPod over a discman any day, but beyond that, gimme a stereo with a CD player.

Comment

Working...