X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadaverdog
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Angel
    Didn't have anything to do with the Zaken Corporation, did it?
    Just a couple Israeli dudes and a flunky running a call center. I suspected they were con artists from the first day but I didn't know for sure until I googled the address of the supposed home office and found out it was a post office box. I still kept the job until I overheard a disgruntled customer on the phone accusing them of sabotaging her air conditioner. She said she could prove it with pictures taken just a week before during a home inspection by her insurance company. I had gotten to work early and was eating a breakfast burrito in the break room and nobody noticed I was there. I heard the whole conversation on the speakerphone. I was gonna quit right then but I stayed until the end of the day to think it over. As soon as I punched out I quit.
    Beware of Dog

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
      Let's also not forget the most important fact here! Gene is the same fucker who suggested that Van Halen look for another singer back in 1976. So fuck that puffy face ugly son of a bitch!
      Nah, I think Bill Aucoin or some other Casablanca douche shat on Dave's demo performance, no?

Comment

• BITEYOASS
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
        Nah, I think Bill Aucoin or some other Casablanca douche shat on Dave's demo performance, no?
        Man, those Casablanca executives were coked out of their damn minds. No wonder that label went down the shitter.

Comment

• Satan
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
          Just a couple Israeli dudes and a flunky running a call center. I suspected they were con artists from the first day
          Uh-oh..... you just outed yourself as an "anti-semite" (based on your own definition)
          Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Satan
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Man, those Casablanca executives were coked out of their damn minds. No wonder that label went down the shitter.
            Well, that and the fact that aside from KISS, they put all their eggs in the disco basket. When disco died, so did their label. KISS was their only remaining cash cow, and they started making less cash for the label with everything after Dynasty.

If they had signed Van Halen when Chaim brought them the demo, they might have been able to keep the label solvent.... well at least until 1985 (assuming Dave still left the band then, in this parallel reality scenario)

Comment

• BITEYOASS
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

But if =VH= signed with Casablanca, then Ted Templeman wouldn't be able to work his magic on the six-pack.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                It was Dave Aucoin. He said if he would have seen Van Halen on their home turf in the LA clubs he probably would have signed them. He said he made the mistake of now going out to LA.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• cadaverdog
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Satan
                  Uh-oh..... you just outed yourself as an "anti-semite" (based on your own definition)
                  Did I ever say I wasn't one?
                  Beware of Dog

Comment

• Satan
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

But if =VH= signed with Casablanca, then Ted Templeman wouldn't be able to work his magic on the six-pack.
                    Yeah, it's hard to imagine what those records might have sounded like with another producer.

Who was producing KISS back in those days? Bob Ezrin, wasn't it? Of course he also produced "The Wall" for Pink Floyd, and that was a great record, so it might have worked out alright, though Mikey's vocals probably wouldn't have been as prominent in the mix, since that was Templeman's biggest contribution to the sound, how he arranged the vocals.

Comment

• lesfunk
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      It was Dave Aucoin. He said if he would have seen Van Halen on their home turf in the LA clubs he probably would have signed them. He said he made the mistake of now going out to LA.
                      Bill Aucoin
                      http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

I must have had David Lee Roth on my mind. Proof I'm a true fan. I always found Bill Aucoin a bit creepy. More creepy than Gene in fact.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...