• Jun 2004

get back to work..
    long live van halen

Comment

• lms2

Originally posted by rustoffa
      Now there's a goddamned dog?

Fuck this shit.
      Aliases kind of grow on you after a bit... I feel this overwhelming urge to become a cat. (I will resist temptation-there is enough shit right now as it is.)

Comment

• lms2

Guwapo, Rikk, I hope you guys get this worked out. 70 pages later is a little late to be discussing who will be the head cheese here, but IF that is the issue, would the two of you consider equal titles... maybe have no president-just Co-Administators.

Guwapo, no one has ever denied that your contributions are invaluable. If they ever do, let me know, THEN i will have your back-until such a time, I will sit on the side lines and watch sadly as the shit gets deeper and the shots get cheaper. Everyone loves Guwapo and Splooge and any other aliases you care to create for the primary reason that you are just a good time guy.

Is lack of sheep the issue here? Hell, I may even go the various sites and recruit some new sheep myself if thats what it takes. I need to get some referrals anyway.

There may still be a cancer here, but I don't think its Rikk. I can only say from what I know about my dealings with him... and thats all I am asking any of you to do as well. Look into the shit and see whats behind the scenes.

Getting back to DAVID LEE ROTH. There is so much that he did for Van Halen that the general public never saw, and will never give him credit for. What happens behind the scenes makes or breaks the gig.

Max is begging everyone to take it to pm... to hell with that there have been to many pms the way it is... NOW is NOT the time to pm it. Now is the time to get it all out in the open. But enough of the subtle finger pointing. If you got something to say say it. But loose the lies, and the agendas and get back to the business at hand.

Comment

• Big Troubles
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Brett
          Yeah I took it seriously Pete.

I'm really starting to worry for some you. What is all this "Don't take it seriously Brett." When have I ever taken ANYTHING on here seriously? Hello?
          Brett you sack of peanut filled diarrhea! Slice your fucking wrists and let the rest of us enjoy this site without your babbling and biased opinions on how others should post and what we should say. We are not here to amuse you, you stupid ugly mother fucker. Drop the act, routine of being some sort of righteous liberal just dropping in from time to time to see how the site is doing, when you know deep down in side, your addicted to the threads here and cant fathom why your own site is chock full of garbage and empty meaningless jibber-jabber. So please do us the favor and hang yourself you useless fucking moron.

hey Brett. Dont take shit so seriously. Were just having fun!
          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by lms2
            Guwapo, Rikk, I hope you guys get this worked out. 70 pages later is a little late to be discussing who will be the head cheese here, but IF that is the issue, would the two of you consider equal titles... maybe have no president-just Co-Administators.

Guwapo, no one has ever denied that your contributions are invaluable. If they ever do, let me know, THEN i will have your back-until such a time, I will sit on the side lines and watch sadly as the shit gets deeper and the shots get cheaper. Everyone loves Guwapo and Splooge and any other aliases you care to create for the primary reason that you are just a good time guy.

Is lack of sheep the issue here? Hell, I may even go the various sites and recruit some new sheep myself if thats what it takes. I need to get some referrals anyway.

There may still be a cancer here, but I don't think its Rikk. I can only say from what I know about my dealings with him... and thats all I am asking any of you to do as well. Look into the shit and see whats behind the scenes.

Getting back to DAVID LEE ROTH. There is so much that he did for Van Halen that the general public never saw, and will never give him credit for. What happens behind the scenes makes or breaks the gig.

Max is begging everyone to take it to pm... to hell with that there have been to many pms the way it is... NOW is NOT the time to pm it. Now is the time to get it all out in the open. But enough of the subtle finger pointing. If you got something to say say it. But loose the lies, and the agendas and get back to the business at hand.
            There is only one head honcho here (please don't say cheese)

and that is SARGE!!

No my friend the issue here is one of originality, pathalogical

liars, and ex linkers trying to ruin this board.

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
              I agree, ZZ. Stay out of it.

The Pen has always been in fun. We even get along with the damn sheep we put in here. 75% of the site knows exactly who has caused a lot of the bad feelings here. And it's not the people in the Pen. Do I have to spell it out for you?

And a few mindless idiots have tried to start a lot of shit up in support, and then blame it all on the Pen. LOL. Sad, sad, sad.

I will not fight all day with said morons. This is not their showcase. This is the SHEEP PEN. Pete, I know you think it's nothing without the hamster boy, but I always thought Bill Lumbergh was a lot funnier myself.
              No problem... I'm out of it. I said what was on my mind and we'll leave it at that.
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

"The pen was in fun, got along with the sheep"

Gee, where have I heard that before, oh yeah I said it!!

C'mon Rikk think real hard, I know it may hurt, c'mon

just one original thought.........

Comment

• stilleddiesangel
                  Sniper
                  • Oct 2004

I may be speaking out of place here, and if I am I apologise in advance, but I think what lms is trying to say in good faith, is that the Army is meant to symbolise backs against the wall loyalty to Roth. And all this bad feeling kinda undermines that.

My understanding of this thread is to bash bi-valen (like me) or pure Van Hagar fans, not each other. I hope you all can resolve this cos you all seem like cool people to me, even tho I've been here only a short while.

Roth on!!

Comment

• lms2

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
                    There is only one head honcho here (please don't say cheese)

and that is SARGE!!

No my friend the issue here is one of originality, pathalogical

liars, and ex linkers trying to ruin this board.

Thank you for clearing that up for me Guwapo. I really didn't think you would get into it over a power trip. Those are so lame.

I bet the honcho has a headache. LMAO Poor Sarge.

Okay, so the issues are of originality, pathalogical liars, and ex linkers trying to ruin this board. Those are good issues to work on.

Can those be the topics of the day?

Originality. Good, excellent. Wish there were more of it.

Pathological liars... Bad, terrible, and way too many of those... hiding behind aliases or not. Unfortunately, a sad fact of life.

The last one I will just have to lurk and read about. I have no first hand knowledge of the Links, or EVH or DDLR... I know a lot of people do... but have yet to see proof on exactly who or how they are trying to ruin this board. I do have faith however that WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

Comment

• MAX
                      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by stilleddiesangel
                      I may be speaking out of place here, and if I am I apologise in advance, but I think what lms is trying to say in good faith, is that the Army is meant to symbolise backs against the wall loyalty to Roth. And all this bad feeling kinda undermines that.

My understanding of this thread is to bash bi-valen (like me) or pure Van Hagar fans, not each other. I hope you all can resolve this cos you all seem like cool people to me, even tho I've been here only a short while.

Roth on!!

Here! Here! :bottle:

That is why you are my stellar English vixen!!!
                      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• stilleddiesangel
                        Sniper
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by lms2

The last one I will just have to lurk and read about. I have no first hand knowledge of the Links, or EVH or DDLR... I know a lot of people do... but have yet to see proof on exactly who or how they are trying to ruin this board. I do have faith however that WILL NEVER HAPPEN.
                        To see this from a different angle lms, is to look at it from the outside. From the first time I became involved with the VH online community, the Army has always symbolised solidarity and strength. The heart of the DLR world. Whether people agreed with what was posted here or not, those core values stand out first and foremost and that inspires respect. They were what made me read the posts and want to join the forum.

As long as those values remain, as long as the members remember what and who this place is about, no-one from any other site can ruin this great forum.

Comment

• Splooge
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by stilleddiesangel

Roth on!!
                          FAK!!

Rikk

Good Enough

Member #1059
                          Favorite VH Album: 1984
                          Favorite VH Song: Drop Dead Legs

Posted 01.12.04 09:08 PM Reply Edit Quote

Quote:
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1eyewant Posted:
                          I really don't think Gary meant to fall down the stairs! I think he slipped and just went with it. It was definetly bizzare!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He DID say in an interview that he did actually slip and then fell the whole way on purpose to kind of "cover it up." I didn't think much of Gary as VH's frontman, but I will say that I thought it was kind of interesting showmanship. It was definitely better than Sam going into a speech about "love" every 10 minutes when I saw them in Toronto on the BALANCE tour.
                          We're on a mission from ROTH

Comment

• stilleddiesangel
                            Sniper
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                            Here! Here! :bottle:

That is why you are my stellar English vixen!!!
                            right back at ya babe!

Comment

• Splooge
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Sep 2004

Oh my goodness...

Rikk

Good Enough

Member #1059

Posted 12.01.03 02:28 PM Reply Edit Quote

Quote:

Brett Posted:
                              Dude I'm with you, a lot of the cheesy stuff with Sam I don't like either. Songs like "Love Walks In," "Not Enough," "Right Now," "Can't Stop Lovin' You" I could go the rest of my life without ever hearing again and not miss. I do like "Dreams" and "When It's Love," though, Ed's lead stuff in "Dreams" is sweet, and the backing vocals on "When It's Love" I always really dug for some reason.

I would love to see them revive some of the harder-edged tunes they all but forgot at the end.

I'm with you there, but I also thought the band was certainly hitting it a bit harder on a few points of BALANCE. For instance, to me stuff like AFTERSHOCK or FEELIN' had a lot more edge than some of the stuff off of F.U.C.K. or OU812. I really love the long solo parts on both songs, and the guitar just sounds much heavier. I do think if the band cut maybe NOT ENOUGH and CAN'T STOP LOVIN' YOU, plus a couple of the instrumentals, replacing them with a few louder rock songs, it would have been Van Hagar's crowning moment.

Comment

• Splooge
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Sep 2004

Ya don't Fak with the Gangsta Wanksta Hamsta!!

Rikk

Good Enough

Member #1059

Posted 12.01.03 02:33 PM Reply Edit Quote

Quote:

Vinnie Velvet Posted:

Quote:

z28girl Posted:
                                Good post Vinny. I think we've all gotten caught up in the Dave vs. Sammy battles and although I prefer Van Halen with Dave, there's a lot of great music with Sammy. The main thing to keep in mind is that they are two totally different bands. Yeah, there's the familiar harmonies with Mike and there's no mistaking Ed's wizardry, but the mindset and attitude and therefore the music is very different from what was put out with Dave.

My main gripe with Sammy has and will continue to be that he refuses to sing 99% of Van Halen songs from the Dave era and when he did sing the one or two, which I seem to recall were Panama, Ain't Talking Bout Love, and You Really Got Me, he butchered them by changing lyrics and skipping off in the middle of the song to sing one of his own. If Sam returns to Van Halen, I really want him to prove that he's big enough to take on a Dave-era song and sing it the way it should be. I think he owes the fans that much and after all, Gary could do it, so why not him?

That's the thing that bugged me about Sam too. (not singing any more Roth material).

I mean, Hagar has sung Neil Young's "Rockin' in the Free World" with VH at a few shows during their 93 summer tour. And Neil Young is one of the worst singers on the planet and not much a lyricist (though some would argue).

I always thought Sam was afraid of the comparisons. The only song I thought he did well with was "Aint Talkin Bout Love". "Panama" was dreadful. If it weren't for Ed, Al and Mike playing their asses off, that one would suck bigtime.

Vinnie, I love your posts! But don't diss Neil Young!!! The man is one of my favorite singers and songwriters in rock history. Just an incredible body of work, and not one song with lyrics like "Baby, my love for you is like a shining star...when it's love it's feelin' good...whoo!"

I, too, appreciate many moments of the Hagar years. And I love the LIVE WITHOUT A NET video (although opening it with ONE WAY TO ROCK was a poor choice). I can't stand Hagar's solo stuff, however, except for the first Montrose album (which I think is a classic). Basically, there are many songs in the Van Hagar years that make me cringe, and there are few Van Hagar songs I like as much as ANY of the Van Roth songs. And I still can't sit through the RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW DVD. It's just bad. But hey, there are certainly moments to appreciate. I'm not TERRIBLY excited by a Van Hagar reunion. But if nothing else is possible in VH world (meaning Roth coming back), then it's better than nothing or a 4th singer.

--------------------
                                "Music is like girlfriends to me; I'm continually astonished by the choices other people make." - David Lee Roth

"I used to have a drug problem, now I make enough money." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...