This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt White
    • Jun 2004

Even though I voted for that steaming pile of shit known as 5150, I also LOATHE ou812. A complete waste of vinyl.

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

What's your least favorite song off OU812, MATT?

I have to say I still feel that the riffs and music in BLACK 'N' BLUE and CABO WABO could have come in useful if Dave were singing. But the album is indeed basically a shit-pile.
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

AFU----ALL FUCKED UP.

FEELS SO GOOD----No it DON'T!

When its.........Guess?!? SUCKS DOG BALLS!!!!

God...what a brutal recording. Very difficult to decide which abortion of a song is actually the worst of the bunch...................

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Okay...on a quick side note...which band do you prefer: FREE or BAD COMPANY. I remembered that you're a big FREE fan. I have to say that I personally prefer FREE. BC is good. But nothing beats FREE...especially their severely under-rated last album, HEARTBREAKER. The royal triumvarate of COME TOGETHER IN THE MORNING / WISHING WELL / HEARTBREAKER is unbeaten. Such a great trio of songs.
          Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Matt White
            • Jun 2004

Wow! Tough Call.....FREE & BAD CO. are both STELLAR bands.

FREE had Koss.....better soloist than Ralphs

BAD CO. had Mick Ralphs, who was the better songwriter than Koss.

Yup, gotta agree and go with FREE. FIRE & WATER is my FAV! TONS OF SOBS is also very good.

Comment

• Rikk
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Do you like the song HEARTBREAKER? I think it's a fucking masterpiece (not the ZEPPELIN song for anyone reading).
              Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Matt White
                • Jun 2004

Yeah, Heartbreaker is very good.

Also....EASY ON MY SOUL & SEVEN ANGELS are very Kewl!

Comment

• Rikk
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Hey, how could that album not be great? It was produced by ANDY JOHNS, the producer of FOR UNLAWFUL CARNAL KNOWLEDGE!!! :p
                  Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

So It Is...

Originally posted by bueno bob
                    Oh, my vote goes to OU812, btw.

Comment

• Matt White
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                      Hey, how could that album not be great? It was produced by ANDY JOHNS, the producer of FOR UNLAWFUL CARNAL KNOWLEDGE!!! :p
                      HEY! Look at this little collection of songs 'ol Andy worked on back in th e70's!

van hagar were right! He had no idea how to make a kewl recording..........NO WAIT! The problem was that van hagar SUCKED! Andy could only polish a turd SO much.............
                      BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

I don't think I've heard of that collection. Obscure album, huh?

What's that fourth track?

Is that thing still even in-print?
                        Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Matt White
                          • Jun 2004

That wacky Andy! So what if he mixed the SINGLE MOST PLAYED SONG IN MUSIC HISTORY! It MUST be his fault F.U.C.K. is so terrible!

Couldn't be that Spam writes ROTTEN lyrics & EVH was tapped out!
                          NAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!

Comment

• Rikk
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                            That wacky Andy! So what if he mixed the SINGLE MOST PLAYED SONG IN MUSIC HISTORY! It MUST be his fault F.U.C.K. is so terrible!

Couldn't be that Spam writes ROTTEN lyrics & EVH was tapped out!
                            NAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!
                            LMFAO!!

I love their mentality. If we get the guy that got the WHEN THE LEVEE BREAKS drum sound, our album with Sammy Hagar will be as good as LED ZEPPELIN IV!!!

That's like saying if ASHLEE SIMPSON gets GLYN JOHNS to produce her next album, it will be as memorable as WHO'S NEXT!!! :p

Do you like THE WHO, Matt?
                            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Matt White
                              • Jun 2004

Yeah RIKK, the WHO rocked! Too bad that The OX checked out! They were SLAMIN' With Zack Starkey at the CONCERT FOR NEW YORK! The Dude can hit the skins!!! The Who actually sounded like THE WHO!!!!

Comment

• Rikk
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                                Yeah RIKK, the WHO rocked! Too bad that The OX checked out! They were SLAMIN' With Zack Starkey at the CONCERT FOR NEW YORK! The Dude can hit the skins!!! The Who actually sounded like THE WHO!!!!
                                I saw them on the tour right after OX died in 2002. It was possibly the most amazing arena rock show I've ever seen. Yes, I missed the OX...but they were so fucking great!

They are definitely one of my favorite bands.
                                Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...