ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

its how they made prince, true story
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Saw BR 2049. It was good as could be expected. The BladeRunner world was not going to get any better. No sunny skies and happy times, so this movie felt about right.

It is a shame it was not released in IMAX 3D in the US.

But, no matter. Worth seeing on a big screen if you can still catch it.

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
          Saw BR 2049. It was good as could be expected. The BladeRunner world was not going to get any better. No sunny skies and happy times, so this movie felt about right.

It is a shame it was not released in IMAX 3D in the US.

But, no matter. Worth seeing on a big screen if you can still catch it.
          It wasn't released in IMAX 3D in the US?

Weird, because I could have sworn it was available in that format at my local AMC multiplex if one wanted to see it in that format. Which isn't to say you're wrong: I could well be mistaken.

I saw it in regular IMAX (not a fan of 3D anyway), and would agree 100% it is totally worth seeing on a big screen. The cinematography is THAT good.

I think overall it turned out well. Quite a bit better than I expected it would. I think from the screenplay to the locations/direction, the makers of the film managed to create something that wasn't a slavish retread of Blade Runner and was very interesting and visually stunning on its own terms.

That the box office for it didn't match whatever 100 million dollar expectations movie critics had in terms of that being the sole metric re: a "success" didn't matter one bit to me. The last time I looked at a list of films over the past decade that broke 100 million on their opening weekend, I found I had no use for virtually every film on the list. Mostly because I have little to no use for Marvel/DC superhero movies or animated "safe for children but funny for adults" flicks.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...