Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vandeleur
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

There is some comic gold dust in here , sesh is winning with his decision to place himself in the Alan Turing role in this fucked up version of history.

Carry on
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
      You posted a pop gear of Lounge from that idiotic goat fucker site you joined thinking it would bring the Army down, how did that work out by the way?
      Made me giggle.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• WARF
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

After reading 6 pages of this nonsense I am starting to think I should have NEVER built this web site!

Comment

• cadaverdog
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Aug 2007

Any professional wrestling fans in the house? There must be. The Roth Army isn't dead. It turned into a soap opera. At least that's what this thread is. If this is a business and it's losing money revamp or pull the plug. If it isn't who gives a fuck? The war is over nobody won or lost because there was nothing to win or lose. Less people talk shit here now. Is that really a problem? Is there a problem?
          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
            No, you fucking idiot. I'm not blaming him solely for letting so much shit fester around here. Problem with this site was an abundance of too many moderators while the "webmasters" allowed them too much free reign. The result was disastrous.....
            Um, "disastrous" sunshine? Fucking really? Never stopped you from lurking here all day...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

That's it! This site is dead and disaster-ridden!! I'm taking my 43,303 posts and going home!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I'm back. How's everyone been?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
                  Really? Have you actually read your posts? "idiot, hipster, weed, moron, cretin, colorado, peyton manning".
                  Don't forget her being a Kirsten!!

Comment

• Sarge
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

I am probably as responsible as anyone for the destruction of this website.
                    I take full responsibility for that.
                    From 1999-2004 this website was hugely popular.
                    I remember logging in here everyday and there being thousands of new posts.
                    I had several big events in my life (marriage, 2 deployments, surgery, living in Europe) , and basically the website stagnated for years. We had horrible hosting issues and webmasters that deleted 1/3 of the posts here. The website wasn't updated, broken links.
                    It was nuts.
                    Also, Roth is no longer the underdog. He is back with Van Halen. That was much of the allure of this website.
                    I viewed this place as a pirate ship filled full of badasses. Pojo - Brounsound - Conmee- Va Beach.
                    We were the team for years here.
                    Facebook... etc are partially to blame..
                    I should have gave the website to Sesh earlier.
                    Anyways, for those who were never around, when I was around : Hello!
                    I seem to be some sort of mythical creature here.
                    This used to be my hobby. It was something I believed in. I thought (still do), that DLR was severely wronged by the VH brothers in the years that passed since his departure of the band.
                    Luckily, we have a chance to see them this summer again.

Send me an email if anyone comes to the DC area and wants to see them in concert.

Breasts,
                    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
                    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
                    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by WARF
                      After reading 6 pages of this nonsense I am starting to think I should have NEVER built this web site!
                      You forget my friend, we built this city on rock and roll...oh, wait a minute, that was San Francisco...OK, fuck me.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Sarge
                        Also, Roth is no longer the underdog. He is back with Van Halen. That was much of the allure of this website.
                        There are a number of reasons for the decline but ironically I agree this was a big part. For years this was the anti Van Hagar site, when that disappeared then people turned on each other. We went from having Roth solo, Van Hagar and Van Halen to talk about to just an inactive Van Halen.

A few years ago Von and I would have been working and funding a major revamp of the site but these days it's enough getting the time and justification to keep things ticking over.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

I am probably as responsible as anyone for the destruction of this website.
                          I take full responsibility for that.
                          I'll have to take your word about the early years. Doesn't seem like Roth was doing much to advance his cause during those years. Playing with Sammy probably got him the most attention.
                          That being said I don't think you have any reason to apologize. It is what it is now. Evolution. You were a fine commanding officer.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            Being what you would describe as a troll was never bannable.

I also took time to explain why I did it.

I realize I'm up there as a scapegoat and always knew I would be but the people I granted amnesty to had all been banned in the couple of months previous to me taking over which is pretty short term in the history of a site going back 16 years. A couple of people I let back in ended up being banned again but the rest have all stuck to a stricter version of the original rules.
                            That is irrelevant. Sure you explained everything, but that is suppose to erase the recent history of the site since then?

That is like saying "Oh I explained why I hit that guy in the face at the pub" in the forlorn hope that it would somehow erase the event as if it never happened.

You can run this place as you wish. It IS yours now. But it's not like you can hit the history eraser button.

You have done what anyone would do...you remoulded it into your own version of what you want the site to be like. And regardless of what anyone says, you will continue to do so.

That is the way it should be. Nothing I or anyone else says is going to change that.

Oh and necro-quoting? How many years ago did you reply to that post about Katydid and Gar? That is just a diversionary tactic, with no real bearing on what this site has become.

So they were not unbanned.

Did that somehow stop the Decline And Fall Of Roth Army? Does not appear so.

It's ok. You made your bed. You have to worry about it. Not I.

Scapegoat.

Roth on.

Cheers

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I seem to be some sort of mythical creature here.
                              It became weirdly religious at one point as people quoted interpretations of your scripture with some of us who had been around a long time when you were posting scratching our heads at it. Things had to move with the changing internet world but you being held up as some sort of rule based champion of political correctness and probity was bizarre.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2005

True dat.

Sarge, The Patron Saint of Uncle Dave.

He is right about the pirate aspect of it. This place WAS full of badasses.

Now it is just a poor imitation with a bunch of squabbling going on over crap that does not mean anything.

Comment

Working...