X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by kwame k
    Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out - because I was not a Jew;
    Then they came for the lesbians and I thought wait a fucking minute this is going to seriously impinge on my leisure activities...

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'd do stuff differently, in hindsight.........we all would.
      In hindsight maybe I would.

It would definitely have been easier and more fun for me to keep the gang hut of mod pals, wait for the Rothfans site to inevitably implode and then see who came back. This becomes more attractive given the fact that many of that crowd never came back anyway.

To be honest the thing that bugs me most about all of this are the folk from the DDLR site that reappeared over there but never came back to here. That I just don't get.

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        Ha!

Guilty as charged but it's more specific than lesbians!

It's drunken lesbian dwarf pr0n
        Originally posted by vandeleur
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
          I'd simplify your headers and shrink them down... lose the T-Shirt advertisement it's NSFW anyhow.
          With all due respect if that advertisement causes you to lose your job you should have got a better job by this point. Also surely you should be more concerned about NSFR given your age?

Comment

• kwame k
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Feb 2008

In hindsight maybe I would.

It would definitely have been easier and more fun for me to keep the gang hut of mod pals, wait for the Rothfans site to inevitably implode and then see who came back. This becomes more attractive given the fact that many of that crowd never came back anyway.

To be honest the thing that bugs me most about all of this are the folk from the DDLR site that reappeared over there but never came back to here. That I just don't get.
            I disagree.........I think getting rid of the old mods and putting in your own team was the right move at the time. Hell, most the old mods had no problems with your decision or at least the ones I'm friends with.

Here again, it comes back to the people who really are to blame, the ones who went way over the line!

Maybe a few of the old mods would of stuck around more but it would of put more stress on the decision to allow certain people to stay and made it easier to ban them .......hindsight again!

Banning someone is easy........letting them cut their own throat or show their true colors is harder. I will say the one misstep, in my opinion, was allowing Flappo to stay as long as he did. Maybe putting WARF in a short timeout at the height of his meltdown but then it would look like you guys were doing it because of the "rebel" sites and not for the vile shit he was spewing........hindsight, again!

I don't get that either...........DDLR was a great site and you had what...... three of the main mods from there here? You, Von and Twona, right?

Ironically enough, Chef turned me on to the old place when this site was down!
            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Fuck-A-Flying-Duck ...Do not ask...after the day I've had, the only solution is BINGO !!!

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I will say the one misstep, in my opinion, was allowing Flappo to stay as long as he did.
                I could be wrong but my memory of it was he was gone in less than a week and he was banned for the weekend of that week.

I cut him some slack based on time served and many thousands of posts. I was also probably trying too hard to make it not look personal.
                Last edited by Seshmeister; 06-04-2015, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

I could be wrong but my memory of it was he was gone in less than a week and he was banned for the weekend of that week.

I cut him some slack based on time served and many thousands of posts. I was also probably trying to hard to make it not look personal.
                  Oh yeah........it has to be hard to ban someone who has been around this site forever and he was an original kinda guy, he just took it too far!

Looking back on it........you were in a no win position no matter what you did!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I don't get that either...........DDLR was a great site and you had what...... three of the main mods from there here? You, Von and Twona, right?

Ironically enough, Chef turned me on to the old place when this site was down!
                    It's maybe a false memory but those do look like good times. It was only ever set up as a stop gap while this site was down though and then there were politics and complications which meant it had to stay up when this one came back. I think that then led to a major mistake which was the failure of a merger before Sarge went on another crazy long tour in Iraq. None of any of this matters in the great scheme of things but if we could have sorted that out(I was trying hard to), then we would have had all that fun stuff, all those members, no Mezro and no deletion of half a million posts from here and the loss of all the DDLR posts.

It was a fuck up which I think Sarge alluded too earlier in this thread. It was mainly caused by us all just being super fucking busy living in the real world. The cliche of a music fan forum being run by no life super fan comic book guy from their basement couldn't be further from the truth in this case which is maybe our biggest strength but also weakness...

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

How Mezro deleted my account never got figured out either..........no one knew but then again, I never really cared or even pressed the issue.

I wasn't banned just went to log in and my account was gone along with thousands of posts

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Oh yeah........it has to be hard to ban someone who has been around this site forever and he was an original kinda guy, he just took it too far!

Looking back on it........you were in a no win position no matter what you did!
                        The thing is, the guy was/is an honestly decent fellow, privately. I still do not get this whole misguided wisdom of prompting up one's shoulders and attitude for an internet persona.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

He went Caligula on the whole site with some sort of madness but the main problem is that he knew shit about how websites work.

When the site started getting slow he thought he had to delete old posts to make it quicker. I was over running DDLR with Von, Conmee was probably snorting coke off a stripper and I don't know if anyone else was consulted but he decided to pointlessly delete a couple of forums.

I don't want to sound grandiose about that but to me that's like going into a library with a flamethrower except worse because at least in a library there are other copies. It's happened twice here now in the last 16 years and we also lost the DDLR site posts. I think that's a damn shame and the biggest reason for me to step up here.

Comment

• kwame k
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by chefcraig
                            The thing is, the guy was/is an honestly decent fellow, privately. I still do not get this whole misguided wisdom of prompting up one's shoulders and attitude for an internet persona.
                            Never got that either.........we're pretty much the same guys in real life as we are here!

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2009

fags

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'm a bit more belligerent on here.

Comment

Working...