X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Go Fuck Yourself Hollywood

The whole fucking point of the first Die Hard movie is that he's a normal run of the mill guy. If this abortion of a prequel idea by the maker of the worst sequel in a series of increasingly bad sequels is not just some guy doing routine police work then it will be so shitty it will make the original one worse.

• Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Probably from the same guy who brought you framing, Sesh.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      The whole fucking point of the first Die Hard movie is that he's a normal run of the mill guy. If this abortion of a prequel idea by the maker of the worst sequel in a series of increasingly bad sequels is not just some guy doing routine police work then it will be so shitty it will make the original one worse.
      I thought the exact same thing. Right down to Hollywood fucking its self.

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

I can't see shit. I just tried two phones a PC and a couple week old laptop and I can't see shit.

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Don't pay for that rehashed shit. Download it later.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

The whole fucking point of the first Die Hard movie is that he's a normal run of the mill guy.
            A normal run of the mill guy who just happens to be proficient with automatic weapons and can out perform Batman with his acrobatic skills. He's also impervious to pain and can lose gallons of blood without feeling the least bit light headed. The only thing he can't do is keep shoes on his feet.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The whole fucking point of the first Die Hard movie is that he's a normal run of the mill guy.
              That's how they ruined the Rambo movies. In the original movie, First Blood, he was a genuine human being who had the same problems a lot of Vietnam vets did fitting back into "normal" society, and not helped by a brainless redneck sherriff pissing him off.

Then they turned him into some Reagan era right wing cartoon hero.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD
                That's how they ruined the Rambo movies. In the original movie, First Blood, he was a genuine human being who had the same problems a lot of Vietnam vets did fitting back into "normal" society, and not helped by a brainless redneck sherriff pissing him off.
                The second Rambo wasn't too bad but they got real stupid after that. Whether or not you believe it's possible MIAs were being held after the war in Viet Nam it was fairly entertaining. Missing In Action came out first but the story that became First Blood Part II was being shopped around to find investors before that and a lot of people think the people who put out Missing In Action ripped that story off from the First Blood people. I think both movies ripped off Uncommon Valor which came out before either one of the other two. Uncommon Valor was the most believable of the the three too.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• DONNIEP
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Rambo was a bad ass and every movie was great! Even the one where he went and fought alongside the Talicong in Afghanistan. Plus he had an awesome tan.

Last edited by DONNIEP; 10-17-2015, 07:30 PM.
                  American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Dan
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Re load, Re-load and Re-load.
                    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                      Rambo was a bad ass and every movie was great! Even the one where he went and fought alongside the Talicong in Afghanistan. Plus he had an awesome tan.

He was a bad ass but the last couple Rambo movies sucked. I did like the ending of the last one where Rambo finally went home though. The next Rambo supposedly starts out there. Maybe Rambo goes off again after he's treated roughly during a colonoscopy at a VA hospital
                      Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Fags!
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• cadaverdog
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD
                          Fags!
                          This isn't Match.com. Look for dates elsewhere homo boy.
                          Beware of Dog

Comment

• Anonymous
                            Banned
                            • May 2004

Well, somebody has a hard-on for Bruce Willis.

I've been trying to remember all the movies that really stuck with me so I could show my nieces some quality crap. I wasn't too surprised when I realised at least 90% of them were before the mid-90s.

I recently read a piece by Neil Gaiman where he complains that people are reading less and less fiction, and he posits that if people don't read fiction, they won't have any imagination.

Well, it seems Hollywood hasn't put out anything memorable since the mid-90s. I'd say Neilster is right on the money. Don't forget that the mid-90s was when everyone started taking themselves oh-so-seriously, moping around miserably all day, brooding.

I blame Kurt Cobain, like always.

Anyway, this thread reads like you were throwing a tantrum & crying tears of helpless rage, like a little girl that can't have her way.

Were you?

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It was maybe a bit over the top but sometimes these remakes or prequels piss me off because they seem like an attack on the original movies.

Of course the way to deal with them is to just ignore them.

Like you I've been going through the 70s and 80s looking for good movies to share with kids so that at one point they were asking why films were so much better back then. I explained that wasn't really the case and that for every one I showed them there were 50 crappy ones they didn't need to see.

Sometimes the politics are jarring for example the violence of old James Bond movies isn't a problem but him being a sexist rapist is more of an issue.

Comment

Working...