• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Izzy Moreno
    My over 3 years old 90 bucks 9 inch Chinese tablet that was manufactured in the exact same place you buy your expensive stuff is still going strong. One day I'll buy another but only because it'll cost me 50 bucks & will be larger & twice or three times as fast.

And I can buy cheap SD cards with huge capacity.

Played Battlefront yet?
    Had that tablet for four years, got my money out of it. It gets clogged up because I don't delete magazines in Google Play. Once I do that, it's fine. If it ends up being just an ebook reader I'm okay with that too.

The cheap tabs get horribly awful reviews. Some don't take SD cards, others don't allow access to Google Play or Amazon app stores without being rooted. I don't have time to fuck with that.

That was directed at Tuna.

I can't wait for him to finally play that game.
    I can't either. It was relatively warm today, took a couple vehicles to the car wash and worked in the garage the rest of the day.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Anonymous
      Banned
      • May 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
      The cheap tabs get horribly awful reviews. Some don't take SD cards, others don't allow access to Google Play or Amazon app stores without being rooted. I don't have time to fuck with that.
      Never had those problems. Usually it tells you if they take SD cards or not, so that's not really an issue. As for Google Play or Amazon, this is the first time I'm hearing of this.

My nieces were downloading shit off of Google Play as soon as they got their tablets.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Actually, it's $300 for a 16g which is not that bad of a deal.

Comment

• Anonymous
          Banned
          • May 2004

You really want that thing.

Well, I'm not gonna argue. Go for it.

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Never had those problems. Usually it tells you if they take SD cards or not, so that's not really an issue. As for Google Play or Amazon, this is the first time I'm hearing of this.

My nieces were downloading shit off of Google Play as soon as they got their tablets.
            We've got a Micro Center nearby. Theirs are the tablets I read the shit reviews on. Didn't cross-reference Amazon though, and usually I do. Got mine at Sam's Club when I had a little OT money to burn. I have a diagnostic/monitoring app on the Galaxy for the car, it may end up being used there all the time. Haven't really decided. I have a bunch of music on it, and a ton of ebooks. And all the factory service manuals for my cars, if I get stuck somewhere I can look things up. I don't like to go online on it or on the phone, aggravates the shit out of me. I will use it to get online if the power is out.

Some of the cheap Winbook tablets sold over at Micro Center run Win 10 and aren't expandable. Not that I want any more MS shit anyways.
            Last edited by twonabomber; 01-06-2016, 06:32 PM.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Anonymous
              Banned
              • May 2004

We've got a Micro Center nearby. Theirs are the tablets I read the shit reviews on. Didn't cross-reference Amazon though, and usually I do. Got mine at Sam's Club when I had a little OT money to burn. I have a diagnostic/monitoring app on the Galaxy for the car, it may end up being used there all the time. Haven't really decided. I have a bunch of music on it, and a ton of ebooks. And all the factory service manuals for my cars, if I get stuck somewhere I can look things up. I don't like to go online on it or on the phone, aggravates the shit out of me. I will use it to get online if the power is out.

Some of the cheap Winbook tablets sold over at Micro Center run Win 10 and aren't expandable. Not that I want any more MS shit anyways.
              With these gadgets, I tend to go for the lowest price/biggest screen possible, because the biggest factor of all is how much I am going to use it followed by what I'll be using it for.

I don't like going on the internet on those things either. The aggravation far outweighs the benefits. And my job allows me to go online whenever I want, anyway.

So I mostly use them to read books & comics.

I can understand someone who will get much more use out of it wanting a better tablet, but who REALLY needs a tablet as a dedicated video player/internet browser/game machine, etc? I don't doubt there are very specific situations where you need one of those things as your primary machine, but honestly, i can't think of one.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I bought it because it fit in the small cooler I take to work. 7 inch, I think.

I put emulators on it at first and bought a Nyko Bluetooth controller but ended up taking the emus off.

We get shit for signal in the plant so I don't tether it to my phone much.

who REALLY needs a tablet as a dedicated video player/internet browser/game machine, etc? I don't doubt there are very specific situations where you need one of those things as your primary machine, but honestly, i can't think of one.
                Power went out at work one day. I had a couple seasons of Top Gear and Jerry Seinfeld's comedians/cars show on the SD card and had something to watch.
                Last edited by twonabomber; 01-06-2016, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Kristy
                  Actually, it's $300 for a 16g which is not that bad of a deal.

Comment

• Anonymous
                    Banned
                    • May 2004

Power went out at work one day. I had a couple seasons of Top Gear and Jerry Seinfeld's comedians/cars show on the SD card and had something to watch.
                    See? You could've used that time to get to know your local Mejican community, maybe play a bit of soccer with them.

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

See? You could've used that time to get to know your local Mejican community, maybe play a bit of soccer with them.
                      Uh...no.

It was shitty outside anyways. And if I would have left, I'd have just gone home.

Comment

Working...