• Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's very good - saw it in the cinema.

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I have absolutely no interest in seeing La La Land. The SM gave up on it after 30 minutes and she doesn't even hate musicals like I do.

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I've seen 2 of the movies you guys listed that Paxton was in. I think I saw True Lies, and I know I saw Tombstone.

Recently saw Hell Or High Water, and really liked it.

I have no idea what Sesh is talking about with his "La La Land" post.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

We need to add a feature in the forthcoming RothArmy Podcast called 'More stuff from popular culture Von has no idea about'.

I'll start working on the jingle...

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Von Halen

I have no idea what Sesh is talking about with his "La La Land" post.
            I just assumed he posted that in the wrong thread.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Most recently Paxton was starring in a TV series version of "Training Day". Saw a couple episodes of it, wasn't a bad show. Thought it might have some potential to stick around, but I guess that's out the window now. Since Paxton was the "big name" actor on the show, I don't see them throwing somebody else in to replace him and carrying on. So they will probably just throw some stupid reality show on the air to take its place.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Yeah I seen there was a show , loved the film just wasn't sure how it was gonna turn into a show.
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Seems to be a trend among the US networks now to turn these older "buddy cop" movies into TV series. The "Rush Hour" and "Minority Report" series last year tanked, but that didn't stop them from puttiing out a "Lethal Weapon" show this year, along with "Training Day". I'm surprised there's not a "Beverly Hills Cop" series yet, but maybe they think their target audience is too young to remember those movies?
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
                    formerly F A T
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

TNT has been running King Kong, now that the Skull Island movie is coming out. They'll probably drop Kong and put Twister back on five nights a week in tribute to Paxton.
                    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I have to see his portrayal of enigmatic Col. John Paul Vann in A Bright Shining Lie. That would be a difficult role to pull off...

Comment

Working...