X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Looks interesting.... though I don't know if I'll ever find that stuff around here. Probably the closest I'll get to that is Frambozen from the New Belgium brewery in Colorado.....

Pretty sure I've posted a review of this somewhere earlier in the Beercyclopedia. I don't usually drink "fruity" beers, but this one goes great with holiday meals. I might pick up a 6 pack for Turkey Day this week.... since the odds are I won't be able to track down any Samuel Adams Cranberry Lambic anywhere on the West Coast.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Great Article from Men's Health

6 Surprisingly Healthy Beers
      Stock your six-pack with these beers for a side of health benefits with your buzz.

By Dan Israeli

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
      If you got a taste for hops, pale ales (usually known as India Pale Ales or IPAs) pack a hops punch that is usually 50 times stronger than your average beer. While more hops means more alcohol content, calories and carbs, it also means a higher content of polyphenols, an antioxidant that lowers cholesterol and fights cancer. Sierra Nevada is one of the most widely available pale ale brands on the market; just make sure to grab the standard edition, which contains a reasonable 175 calories, compared to Sierra Nevada IPA (231 calories) or worse, Sierra Nevada Bigfoot (a whopping 330 calories).

The Rest of the Article

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Sierra Nevada is actually a great beer. Expensive but great.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I enjoy the grapefruit'ish finish...

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Alright listen up, Beercyclopedia fans.....

It's St. Paddy's day next week, and your mission is to find that nectar of the Irish Gods, Guinness.

Now of course you can find the Guinness Draught, the Guinness Extra Stout, or even that not all that impressive Guinness Black Lager just about anywhere. But what you should be looking for is this.....

This is the REAL deal - the Guinness that has been available to the rest of the world for years. It's allegedly available in the US now, though I have not seen it yet. If there was ever a week to have it on display in the damn stores, this would be it.

Here's some more details from an old press release.....

Tuesday, September 28th is National Drink Beer Day! As if you didn’t already have reason to raise a pint, GUINNESS Irish Stout is proud to announce its U.S. launch of GUINNESS Foreign Extra Stout (FES) on October 1st. The fullest in flavor of the GUINNESS brand variants, GUINNESS FES is carbonated unlike the nitrogenated GUINNESS Draught with which most Americans are familiar. The specialty beer is 7.5% ABV and possesses strong, roasted aromas followed by a unique bittersweet taste. Foreign Extra Stout is already a favorite of many around the world, making up 45% of GUINNESS sales globally, and is sure to be a favorite of beer aficionados here in the U.S.

GUINNESS Foreign Extra Stout (FES) is brewed with the highest hop rate of all the GUINNESS variants. The generous hop additions express fully the beers distinctive character and flavor while also prolonging shelf life in warmer climates, as hops are the best natural preservative for beer. GUINNESS FES is uniquely different from GUINNESS Draught both in taste profile, color and ritual.

Brewed for more than two centuries, GUINNESS FES dates back to 1801. Known as West India Porter until the mid nineteenth century, FES was an export beer brewed with extra hops, giving the beer a more intense flavor and higher alcohol strength. The extra hops also acts as a natural preservative for beer, allowing it to survive long journeys overseas.

Sounds promising. They should clear the shelf space wasted on the Black Lager and replace it with this stuff.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Guiness in the bottle sucks. It's better on tap.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                Yeah, but if it's hard to find bottles of this stuff, It's probably going to be damn near impossible to find a keg.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

No shit?

Wow.

Here's a few things to ponder, Mr. My Uncle.....

Not everyone has a European Tap System and CO2/Nitrous system in their home.....

Some would like to sample a good beer at home.

By the way, you NEVER drink ANY good beer from the bottle, idiot.....

You POUR it [properly] into the proper serving vessel.

dumbass.
                  Originally posted by Kristy
                  Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                  Originally posted by cadaverdog
                  I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Spell it right, then I'll listen to your reviews....

smh

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD

Sounds promising. They should clear the shelf space wasted on the Black Lager and replace it with this stuff.
                      The Limited Edition Guinness 250 a few years ago was the shit....I bought 8 cases of the stuff....

At 7.5% ABV this is some serious drink.

Looking forward to hitting my rep up for a sample.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                        Full Member Status

• May 2010

I don't know if this is carried in the USA but like most things if you get in good with your local liquor store they will order it for you. I have gat some interesting beers and boozes by just asking if they, can ask for it from their distributor.

I drank this when I was in Germany a few years back and am choking down the Coopz Slight right now, lamenting the good times....

I loved this Black Beer beastie it is brewed in the area of Germany I was at, get some if you can...I smuggled a full bottle back in my luggage for memory salvage.

The brewery was first mentioned in liturature in the year 1543.

koestritzer.jpg
                        Last edited by clarathecarrot; 03-30-2013, 01:09 PM.
                        2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                        clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                          No shit?

Wow.

Here's a few things to ponder, Mr. My Uncle.....

Not everyone has a European Tap System and CO2/Nitrous system in their home.....

Some would like to sample a good beer at home.

By the way, you NEVER drink ANY good beer from the bottle, idiot.....

You POUR it [properly] into the proper serving vessel.

dumbass.
                          I'll listen to you when you lose 100 pounds.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                            Full Member Status

• May 2010

Now, Now, Chillin's behave.. this thread is neutral ground like the churches in that Highlander movie.

Take it outside...and none of that MMA finishing once the opponant is down the fight is over.

and then we all drink!!
                            2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                            clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

After an unsually warm 80 degree day in early May, nothing hits the spot like an ice cold IPA.... or better yet several of them. Was going to grab the Outburst (see Satan's review above) but I saw a new contender on the shelves. As a rule, I like to support my regional West Coast microbreweries, but now and then I'll give a shout out to the Mountain Time Zone, especially the New Belgium Brewery in Ft. Collins Colorado......

STORY
                              A burly and bitter Imperial IPA, Rampant pours a pure copper and carries the sheen of a rightly hopped beer. The Mosaic and Calypso hops bring stonefruit to the front seat, and the addition of Centennials nod towards citrus for a well-rounded aroma.

The taste expands these hops with heavy peach tones and a profoundly bitter bite. There is some malt sweetness to stand this beer up, and Rampant’s finish is bone-dry.

BEER FACTS
                              Birthdate: February, 2013
                              Body: Medium-Light
                              ABV: 8.5%
                              IBU: 85
                              Calories: 230
                              Hops: Mosaic, Calypso, Centennial
                              Malts: Pale, Black
                              Yeast: Ale Yeast
                              Aroma: Prominent lemon citrus and floral hop aroma and flavor including some nice dry-hopped fresh grass and spicy pine notes.
                              Mouthfeel: Warmth from alcohol is present but not conspicuous. Nice dry finish from carbonation and glass full of bitter hops.
                              Flavor: Hint of sweetness in the background from malt, the rest is a story of ambitious but not overwhelming bitterness.
                              Visual: Golden with solid white foam and a slight hop sheen.
                              In my opinion, it's more of a "grapefruit" flavor than either the lemon or peach referenced in the brewery's description. It's considerably different from Outburst IPA, or Sierra Nevada's Torpedo IPA in that it's a much sweeter beer, which is not all that surprising, coming from a Belgian style brewery.

Very enjoyable for IPA or Belgian ale fans, but given the choice, I'll probably stick with Outburst as my #1 IPA choice. This will be a close second though.

FORD's rating:
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Feb 2007

hmmmmm, bat beer?

Last edited by PETE'S BROTHER; 05-24-2013, 12:40 PM. Reason: boobs
                                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

Working...