• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by scorpioboy33
    k i just got a pm from a nice person thanks this is what they said

but what it sounds like they're talking about his A1c test, and yeah, it should be 6, that's normal,meaning between 70-120 mg/dl so it sounds like his blood sugar was more like 800.mg/dl

That's more like it...

Thank god he didn't go into a coma...

Or is it a she ??

Comment

• Susie Q
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
      ..and I told you correct glucose values...

You're welcome...
      My mothers went down to like 50 the other day. She didn't think she was going to make it in the house! (She was outside in her garden).

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
      ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• scorpioboy33
        Commando
        • Jul 2004

it's a he...and I think now that his sugar is down to 24 (hopefully lower) he is out of the danger zone...he is still in the ICU . Im just so sad that now he prob. will have a huge life change. thanks for the info folks...im gonna keep reading up on it...

Comment

• scorpioboy33
          Commando
          • Jul 2004

I wonder does type one become type two later in life...do they share the same problems....

Comment

• scorpioboy33
            Commando
            • Jul 2004

and sorry bout your mom susie

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Type one is insulin dependant...

Type two is non-insulin dependant...

Juvenile diabetes is the worst and is type one...

Go here for info...

Comment

• scorpioboy33
                Commando
                • Jul 2004

thanks alot Elvis...that should keep me busy reading......thanks for the info to suzie....elvis your a mod so if you wanna get rid of this thread thats cool...i should have enough info on that page to start

Comment

• lms2

Elvis is the one to go to for the medical information. Type 2 runs in my family, but a close friend and coworker had juvenile diabetes. How old is your nephew? did I miss that part? Major life changes, yes. I am sure with a great supportive family like you and yours, he will do fine, but with my friend, she was diagnosed when she was still really young, but as she got more into her teenage years, suffered terribly from depression, did the suicide attempt thing.

The blood suger itself can be controlled with insulin, and that will mean educating yourselves and your nephew. The health issues that accompany diabetes, and the prospective outcome can take another toll.

And you are right, we will keep you and Evan in our prayers. Its a lot to deal with, but God gives strength when and where it is needed.

Comment

• scorpioboy33
                    Commando
                    • Jul 2004

evan is 9 and thanks alot for your good thoughts

Comment

• lms2

always.

Comment

• Susie Q
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by scorpioboy33
                        and sorry bout your mom susie
                        Thats ok scorpioboy. My mom has been dealing with this for a few years now. I just have to watch her like a hawk. Make sure she does what she is supposed to do. Same thing for my Dad. He is not supposed to have certain things, yet he still has them. I live upstairs from them and before I came up here they had a apple donut and cider. FULL of sugar. Then they go take their shot. Like that is gonna help....

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
                        ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• scorpioboy33
                          Commando
                          • Jul 2004

that kinda sounds my logic haha

Comment

• scorpioboy33
                            Commando
                            • Jul 2004

Just called the Hospital...it's 4:45 am here anyways...Evan is down from the 30 to a 10...which is where they wanted him to be ...so fantastic............makes me so happy...thanks for all the help guys

Comment

• Panamark
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

scorpioboy, yes its a big life change, but rest assured its manageable.
                              They got some really cool blood/sugar meters now, they keep track of your previous readings etc. Theres no reason the young fella cant live
                              a normal life... (Apart from the obvious monitoring and management of the condition) You would be surprised to know that some olympic athletes have diabetes ! Its not a death sentence by any means. Just needs careful monitoring and management.. It can cause problems in
                              later life, but he is young, and I believe there is much reserach being
                              done in this field. In another 30 years, theres every chance of
                              permanent solutions.
                              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Working...