Gay marriage? That's queer!
    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
      If you allow gay marriage, then you'll have to allow polygamy, etc, because that's protected under equal rights as well, right?

If that's so, then I should be able to get a 2nd and 3rd wife with no problem, otherwise my rights have been violated!
      Only if you move to Utah.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And it should be decided by a vote of the people, not by activist judges.
        So should elections, but that didn't stop the Felonious Florida Five BCE appointee activist judges on the Supreme Court.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          Only if you move to Utah.
          California and Massachusetts are next.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The Bill of Rights says nothing about inheritance, insurance, or guardianship. These are state issues, if anything. Gay marriage should be decided by the states, with amendments by each legislature to their respective state constitutions.
            Now you're talkin'!!

And it should be decided by a vote of the people, not by activist judges.
            The "activist judge" term is highly overused. The vast majority of these judges must make tough calls and did not go to law school in order to "free marriage for queers." In fact, many are Republicans! And a majority of Americans in many regions may not favor all out marriage for gays, but do favor equivalent legal protections for gay couples in legally sanctioned relationships.

Comment

• Warham
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

So should elections, but that didn't stop the Felonious Florida Five BCE appointee activist judges on the Supreme Court.
              Yeah, the same judges who vote liberally on many issues?

The BCE failed on that one...that is, if the BCE actually existed.

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

I favor civil unions, but not marriage.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I favor civil unions, but not marriage.
                  Well I am not that far from you then, I don't know if I want to call it gay "marriage" either.

Comment

• Warham
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

The only reason I would allow civil unions is to deal with issues like the ones you mentioned above, not to give validation to the homosexual relationship.

That's why I'm for the unions, but against the marriages.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The only reason I would allow civil unions is to deal with issues like the ones you mentioned above, not to give validation to the homosexual relationship.

Why should YOUR view of whether or not a relationship is "valid" or not have any basis in the laws of a state that you don't even live in?

I don't believe Titney Spears' second marriage is valid, and God knows her first marriage definitely wasn't. Does that mean I should be able to change the laws in Louisiana?
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Marriage is a legal binding contract. Before effective birth control it was societies way of making someone publicly take a vow or an oath that they would take care of their spouse and kids. Society had learned that fucking in caos and bastard children only resulted in crime and poverty. To save society, the institution of marriage was enforced by both the church and by social pressure.

After the invention of the birth control pill, things loosened up. Men and women lived together openly and even had kids without marriage.

I've seen both sides. Kids are better off in a strong family with two loving parents of the opposite sex. Sure single parents can raise good kids but it's not the ideal situation. Two gay people raising kids is not good either in my oppinion.

What's ironic is nobody wants to get married anymore and people who do can stay married. Why even argue the point? LOL!
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Why should YOUR view of whether or not a relationship is "valid" or not have any basis in the laws of a state that you don't even live in?

I don't believe Titney Spears' second marriage is valid, and God knows her first marriage definitely wasn't. Does that mean I should be able to change the laws in Louisiana?
                          Just my opinion on gay marriage, FORD.

My views are valid to me. I don't give two shits if you don't think they are valid or not.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

I agree 100%

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Just my opinion on gay marriage, FORD.

My views are valid to me. I don't give two shits if you don't think they are valid or not.
                              Again, I agree 100%...

Comment

Working...