springsteen,pearl jam and REM

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lou

When I like a band's music I almost never consider their political agenda. (Except Rage Against the Machine who was for freeing Mumia Abu-Jamal, and being from Philly I find that downright offensive and tantamount to saying that O.J. Simpson is innocent).

Anyway, I like R.E.M.'s music up to 1996. I don't like Bruce Springsteen's music, never have. I think Toby Keith is bad music that deserves to get lumped in with bad music like Linkin Park. I'd bet that at least 60% of the music I like is done by liberal-minded people. I don't really care. I care about the songs, the music, and that's about it.

Now with this thing, it seems to me they're saying that in order to be fans of them, you also have to agree with their political agenda and if I were a die-hard fan of any of these bands I'd be pretty insulted. Because it's just bullshit that in order to be a fan of someone you have to agree with their political views. Or more specifically, if you're a conservative you're not worthy enough or enlightened enough to enjoy their music--like the music wasn't meant for you. Sort of like how Lauryn Hill made that comment that she didn't want to see a white person buying her albums. Now that's obviously extreme but I do get the sense as if these artists are saying, "Our music isn't meant for conservatives to enjoy." And they're not just against war, they're against Bush and against conservative values.

And it is ironic that these whiners are the ones who wouldn't really be doing too well without the U.S. They're the ones with millions of dollars living the life of luxury and they're bitching. Bono of U2 seems to be the only person who has money and actually wants to do something good instead of just whine and do armchair philosophizing. And one more thing...these concerts weren't benefit concerts or free concerts were they? I don't know exactly where the money went...did some go to Kerry's campaign? Anyway these artists go out and preach about how bad George Bush is but they're also making money off these concerts. I just think the whole thing is insulting.

Comment

• John Ashcroft
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Hey Ford, how'd the whole "Bush Lied, soldiers died" slogan fare for you guys in the last election?

Comment

• frenchie
        Foot Soldier
        • Jul 2004

thanks everybody to give here your opinion.
        i was not here to judge but try to understand!
        vote for who you want, i don't care, i've got my own opinion about politic
        but anyway..........;
        PEARL JAM AND THE BOSS are making good music and wrote good lyrics.
        and if i have to choose between eddie veder or britney spears, i choose eddie veder.
        if i have to choose between sean penn or charlton easton, i choose sean.
        that's life............

Comment

• HELLVIS
          Foot Soldier
          • Jul 2004

Charlton Heston all the way. He was a tough young dude. He is a tough old dude.

Sean Penn is a young wuss who will inevitably be an old wuss.
          He throws a punch.
          He swings. I duck.
          His fat ass falls...
          Hey Sammy,you still SUCK!

Comment

• frenchie
            Foot Soldier
            • Jul 2004

can you translate me wuss.i will learn a new word.what does it means?
            at least, my english will be better

Comment

• HELLVIS
              Foot Soldier
              • Jul 2004

wimp=wimp

puss=pussy

wimp+puss=wuss

any questions?
              He throws a punch.
              He swings. I duck.
              His fat ass falls...

Comment

• frenchie
                Foot Soldier
                • Jul 2004

no, it's ok!
                ho much do you take for english lessons?

Comment

• Switch84
                  Veteran
                  • Feb 2004

Indiana Boy!

Originally posted by Warham
                  David Lee Roth is from a red state, just for your information, Frenchie.

That's right! He's Midwestern by birth, and Indiana went for Bush!

(Michigan, my sheepish homestate, went for Kerry! What the FUCK??)

LMAO!
                  "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
                  Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• HELLVIS
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Jul 2004

One euro, but for you....
                    Ah, you have an honest face. This one is free!
                    He throws a punch.
                    He swings. I duck.
                    His fat ass falls...

Comment

• Switch84
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2004

Flawed again, Ford Baby!

Originally posted by FORD
                      People in red states don't listen to real music. They only listen to Ted Nugent, Toby Keith and Sammy Hagar (all of whom are Busheep)

Nugent is 'The MOTOR CITY MADMAN'! FYI: The nickname, 'Motor City ' refers to the city of Detroit, which is in the state of Michigan, where Ted Nugent is from.

Michigan went to Kerry, so I guess Ted's music is 'real music' using your logic.
                      "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
                      Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• HELLVIS
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Jul 2004

In the words of Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon!"
                        He throws a punch.
                        He swings. I duck.
                        His fat ass falls...

Comment

• Switch84
                          Veteran
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by HELLVIS
                          In the words of Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon!"

LOL! here's another Bugs Bunny-ism for Ford: "Ehh, ya mudda smells like cheap cologne!

LMMFAOBT! Lighten UP, Ford! Have a great big laugh at this election results drama!
                          Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DLRDUDE
                            Ho Ho Ho there Nickie, why are you calling Toby Keith talentless? He'll put a boot in your ass for the red white and blue. People just need to understand. And basically WAKE THE FUCK UP! This is our world now!
                            Toby Keith will kick yer' ass, he-yuk he-yuk he-yuk...

Maybe he can write an origional innovative song when he's at it instead of cheaply getting hits and making money pandering to the Red, White, and Blue makes me blind crowd.

Comment

• Switch84
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

Yankee Rose in Rebel Land

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                              Toby Keith will kick yer' ass, he-yuk he-yuk he-yuk...

Maybe he can write an origional innovative song when he's at it instead of cheaply getting hits and making money pandering to the Red, White, and Blue makes me blind crowd.

:bottle: I'm with Nick on this one! The only 'red white and blue' that motherfucking inbred redneck shithead only waves is the Cuntfederate flag.......

I cannot STAND that ignorant redneck shit! These assholes yapping about a united America are the same ones that'll chain a black man to the back of a pick-up truck and drag him to his death.
                              Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• Kristy
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by frenchie
                                thanks everybody to give here your opinion.
                                i was not here to judge but try to understand!
                                vote for who you want, i don't care, i've got my own opinion about politic
                                but anyway..........;
                                PEARL JAM AND THE BOSS are making good music and wrote good lyrics.
                                and if i have to choose between eddie veder or britney spears, i choose eddie veder.
                                if i have to choose between sean penn or charlton easton, i choose sean.
                                that's life............

And I'd rather get cholera than drink French wine and take Britney Spears over Air anyday.

Comment

Working...