• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ally_Kat
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
    The mainstream media's not liberal
    All I can say is work in it, then you'll see.
    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by John Ashcroft

What does that represent John ???
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by KANE
        FORD Why you you deleting my post's Chumley, didnt agree with it, takin advantage of that moderatin gimmick are ya ?
        I didn't delete anything :confused:

Shit, if I wiped every post I disagreed with, this board would be half-empty.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Viking
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

SAY IT!!!!!!

Comment

• KANE

Originally posted by FORD
            I didn't delete anything :confused:

Shit, if I wiped every post I disagreed with, this board would be half-empty.
            My bad....

Comment

• John Ashcroft
              Veteran
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              It simply represents how out of touch the liberal media is with what's going on in America. Here's a compilation of the Democrat's success as a party since 1992 (Who was inaugurated President then?)...

In 1992:

Dems controlled the White House
              Dems controlled the Senate 56 to 44.
              Dems controlled the House 267 to 167 (with one independent)
              Dems controlled 28 of 50 Governorships.

By 2003:

Republicans control the White House
              Republicans controll the Senate 51 to 49 (And the Vice Pres. is a Republican)
              Republicans control the House 229 to 206
              Republicans control 28 of 50 Governorships. (It'd be 29 if the Republicans didn't have a split ticket here in Oklahoma).

All this, and the press continues to try it's best to convince the American public that we're a "50/50" nation. We've had a huge swing to the right since Slick Willie and his husband first graced themselves upon America, yet the press and Democrats still see them as their saviors! It's almost too funny to watch! I've mentioned many times before that the once great Democratic party is being destroyed by the current keepers, these numbers and that map prove it.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Yet having said all that, this Republican President didn't even win the popular vote....

I see your point though....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2004

Yeah, Presidential elections are usually a bit different. It seems that the Presidential election is how we Americans usually institute checks and balances. Historically, if there's a Dem Congress, a Republican will win the White House, and visa versa. But lately, the American public haven't voted that way. Having Bush in the White House now is a huge statement really, if you think about it. Algore should've walked away with the Presidency. A Vice President over a great economy... He should've won by 20 points! Not to mention Republicans controlled both houses in 2000. Historically Bush shouldn't have stood a chance, yet he got it. It's remarkable even if we pretend President Bush didn't win the popular vote in 2000 (ask me if you want to know what I base this statement on. So far none on the left have been able to counter this particular statement). Anyway, add to all of this the midterm election. Remember Clinton's in his first term? What happened there Ford? Refresh our memory... In Bush's midterm, Republicans actually gained seats in both houses. I believe that's only happened a couple of times in our country's history. And now the sorry lot can find nothing to offer but "someone other than George Bush!" I suppose it may work if Bush showed previous vulnerabilities by losing a house of Congress during the midterm... But the libs are betting all of their chips on this one move! It's amazing to watch! I mean, don't you do a little backround checking before betting the farm? Whoever's advising the Democrats lately is doing a fine job of it (if you're a Republican, that is...) Oh, and I think we all know who that (those) advisor(s) is/are... Don't we. I'll wrap this up with one last question to ponder... Why didn't Algore get to pick the last DNC Chairperson? He won the party's nomination, and typically gets to pick the chair whether or not he won the General Election. So what gives? Ford? :confused:

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

It simply represents how out of touch the liberal media is with what's going on in America. Here's a compilation of the Democrat's success as a party since 1992 (Who was inaugurated President then?)...

In 1992:

Dems controlled the White House
                    Dems controlled the Senate 56 to 44.
                    Dems controlled the House 267 to 167 (with one independent)
                    Dems controlled 28 of 50 Governorships.

By 2003:

Republicans control the White House
                    Republicans controll the Senate 51 to 49 (And the Vice Pres. is a Republican)
                    Republicans control the House 229 to 206
                    Republicans control 28 of 50 Governorships. (It'd be 29 if the Republicans didn't have a split ticket here in Oklahoma).

All this, and the press continues to try it's best to convince the American public that we're a "50/50" nation. We've had a huge swing to the right since Slick Willie and his husband first graced themselves upon America, yet the press and Democrats still see them as their saviors! It's almost too funny to watch! I've mentioned many times before that the once great Democratic party is being destroyed by the current keepers, these numbers and that map prove it.
                    You are correct. The corporatist, PNAC driven DLC is destroying the Democratic party. And when Judas IsKerryot loses to George Bush Jr, you might as well engrave the tombstone
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2004

I'd be a little more specific here Ford. Honestly identifying the problem is key to fixing it. The Clintons and their hack McAwful have destroyed your party. I believe your party's voters should think of this in 2008. Do you think they will?

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'd be a little more specific here Ford. Honestly identifying the problem is key to fixing it. The Clintons and their hack McAwful have destroyed your party. I believe your party's voters should think of this in 2008. Do you think they will?
                        It will be far too late then. I don't believe there will BE a 2008 election, unless this primary season turns around quick and we elect a President who is not part of the corporatist fascist system now controlling the "leadership" of both parties. And in either case, I will never vote for Hillary Clinton. She proved which side she was on when she gave a standing ovation to Junior's blatant lies about Iraq being a threat to the US.

McAwful is a useless piece of shit, but it's the DLC who is forcing the party into the PNAC agenda. Will Marshall is the head of the grossly misnamed "Progressive" Policy Institute which is nothing more than the "Democratic" division of PNAC. Marshall is also a PNAC'er himself and has signed every PNAC document since the Iraq invasion. He is also Judas' campaign adviser. Funny how that works, huh?
                        Last edited by FORD; 02-14-2004, 06:00 PM.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2004

Yep, funny...

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            To answer for JA, those are the counties Bush won in 2000.
                            “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• steve
                              Sniper
                              • Feb 2004

Woman Denies Rumors of Kerry Affair

Woman Denies Rumors of Kerry Affair

The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.

By MATTHEW ROSENBERG, Associated Press Writer

NAIROBI, Kenya - A woman who has been the subject of rumors linking her to Sen. John Kerry (news - web sites) denied Monday that she ever had an affair with the Democratic presidential candidate.

Breaking her silence four days after the allegations surfaced on the Internet, Alexandra Polier issued a statement to The Associated Press, saying, "I have never had a relationship with Senator Kerry, and the rumors in the press are completely false."

Kerry already has denied reports that he had an extramarital affair. On Monday, his campaign said he would have no further comment.

Polier's statement was released to the AP in Nairobi, where the 27-year-old freelance journalist is visiting the parents of her fiance, Yaron Schwartzman, an Israeli who was raised in Kenya. She previously worked as an editorial assistant for the AP in New York.

"Whoever is spreading these rumors and allegations does not know me," Polier said, appealing to the media to respect her privacy and the privacy of her fiance and his family.

Polier also took issue with reports that referred to her as a former Kerry intern.

"I never interned or worked for John Kerry," she told AP over the phone.

In a separate statement, Polier's parents, Terry and Donna Polier of Malvern, Pa., dismissed the "completely false and unsubstantiated" allegations about their daughter.

"We love and support her 100 percent and these unfounded rumors are hurtful to our entire family," the statement said. "We appreciate the way Senator Kerry has handled the situation, and intend on voting for him for president of the United States."

The statement did not address purported quotes by Polier's parents in the British tabloid The Sun that were harshly critical of Kerry.

Kerry has won 14 of 16 Democratic primaries and caucuses, and is expected to be the Democratic challenger to President Bush (news - web sites) in November.

Rumors of a relationship between Kerry and Polier first appeared Thursday on the Internet and were picked up by newspapers in several countries outside the United States. Few U.S. publications printed her name, however.

Asked Friday about the reports, Kerry told reporters: "I just deny it categorically. It's rumor. It's untrue. And that's the last time I intend" to respond to questions about it.

Regarding her silence until now, Polier said, "Because these stories were false, I assumed the media would ignore them. It seems that efforts to peddle these lies continue, so I feel compelled to address them."

By Monday, reporters and photographers were camped outside the Schwartzmans' Nairobi home, and at one point pursued the car of Yaron's mother, Hannah Schwartzman, as she left the walled compound.

Polier and Yaron Schwartzman met at Columbia University. They arrived in Kenya last October.

Polier graduated from Clark University in Worcester, Mass., in 1999. She received her master's in journalism from Columbia in 2003

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Here we go....

Comment

Working...