Clear All
  • Switch84
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

LMAOBT!

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
    The SMACKDOWN has just been applied!
    (She does have a point, FORD)

Hey, I'm just telling it like it is, BBB Baby! Him being mad at Lincoln wouldn't be that far of a stretch. There's folks in the South that's STILL pissed about the Union kicking rebel ass! Either way, it's just pathetic at best. It's all good. I'm just trying to get an inkling to why that motherfucker can't let the color thing go. Is he afraid of black people? Does he feel threatened by black people achieving heights that he (and alot of us) can only dream about? Or does he think every diverse achievement is due to a quota system?

I don't know, but it's a shame.
    "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
    Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I'm not sure blacks achieved anything when the best and brightest of anyone in the Admin., who happened to be black, left. Also, how do you feel when some of your fellow conservatives opposed both Powell and Ashcroft's replacement because they both supported the same Affirmative Action policies that helped them get their start?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Smackdown? I thought we were adults here.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

She is talking in adult language, you just don't recognize it...

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

There's nothing at all "adult" about the ridiculous conclusions she is jumping to. Actually, it rather resembles a deep level of emotional immaturity.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Switch84
              Veteran
              • Feb 2004

Thank you, Elvis!

Originally posted by ELVIS
              She is talking in adult language, you just don't recognize it...
              Sometimes it's difficult being so smart, Elvis Baby!

Darling Nikki, Gen. Powell had no intention of serving as Sec. of State beyond one term. He stated this when he was asked to take the job in the first place. The man has dedicated several decades to public service! He deserves to retire, too. And it's not a failure because he decided to step down.

As for the Affirmative Action brouhaha, are you aware of what was going on in this country for people of color and women prior to AA going into affect? Go read up on the Civil Rights movement and the women's rights movement again, then come back and have a chat with me. Believe it or not, there was a time in this country when women could not own property, vote, or divorce their husbands. There also was a time when black people were OWNED like cattle. Changing the tide (and laws) to reflect a more inclusive America wasn't easy, and at one point in time, Affirmative Action was needed. Note: I typed WAS. There are efficient laws on the books where a business owner, etc will get his/her ass sued for discriminating against women or people of color. Affirmative Action is outdated now. This is what Gen. Powell was outspoken about. Women and people of color today have alot more opportunities than he did.

So when our government becomes more and more diverse, it's a good thing. When a woman or person of color (that being anyone not white) is elected President of this great nation, then we will truly be a 'Melting Pot' nation.
              "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
              Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                Commando
                • Mar 2004

Glad he's gone. 'Bout time.

Comment

• ODShowtime
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Ahh, you've read Clarke's book, as have I.

No, I just read the press for the book.

Try to read other sources once in awhile, OK?

Now that I don't have to study for 3 hours a day after work I can find some time to read again. What do you recommend?
                  gnaw on it

Comment

• WACF
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

I wish he would of stayed.

You need some division among SecState, SecDef, NSAdviser/NSC and POTUS...that is what keeps your check and balances in place.

Condi is too close to Bush to be totally objective.

What hurt Powell was the misinformation from the CIA....

Powell does/did alot for international relationships.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                      There's nothing at all "adult" about the ridiculous conclusions she is jumping to. Actually, it rather resembles a deep level of emotional immaturity.
                      I can't believe who just made this statement.
                      “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        I'm not sure blacks achieved anything when the best and brightest of anyone in the Admin., who happened to be black, left.
                        OK folks, we have a winner for the "Stupid Statement of the Day."

Any Administration goes through a turnover process. Do you know how many SoS Clinton had? SoD? Go Google it up, Slick. I know you don't those answers off the top of your head.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Any Administration goes through a turnover process. Do you know how many SoS Clinton had? SoD? Go Google it up, Slick. I know you don't those answers off the top of your head.

Who cares. What's your point.? I think the stupid statement of the day is your "international criminal court" BS. Powell left, and the word he was leaving quite awhile ago, because he couldn't stand working under jackass' with half his substantial intellect. And they replaced him with lying Condi. Insane.

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Comment

• Switch84
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                              NEWSFLASH EVERYONE!!! Ford Amendment # 86: Whosoever disagrees with my mantra and conspiracy theories shall be deemed immature infidels.
                              Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• Warham
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                                Who cares. What's your point.? I think the stupid statement of the day is your "international criminal court" BS. Powell left, and the word he was leaving quite awhile ago, because he couldn't stand working under jackass' with half his substantial intellect. And they replaced him with lying Condi. Insane.
                                Actually, Powell made it clear when he took the job he wasn't going to stay two terms. It had nothing to do with the last four years.

Comment

Working...