X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Facilitated it ??

Explain how an administration can facilitate a "boom"...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
      Facilitated it ??

Explain how an administration can facilitate a "boom"...
      Did it happen by accident? Did the "high taxes" of the Clinton Administration prevent it? No! I think the level playing field, which prevented large corporations from absorbing any smaller companies and allowed for a level playing field was no accident. What have we gotten' from the Bush Adminstration--Enron, Adelphia, outsourcing, and a host of other corporate scandels. This was no accident.
      Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-16-2004, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Enron ??

No, my friend...

Do your homework!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

You wouldn't like when I found the Bush's were up to their ass in Enron stock.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Meaning what ??

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Meaning Bush is cut from the same ruthless corporate cloth and is more tolerant of such excesses.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                Yeah, and Bush's tax cuts have really helped! I'll pay a few more dollars in taxes if I can get a decent job. But when McDonald's and Walmart are the only ones hiring, that refund check really helps.
                I dunno where you're looking for jobs...

My father wasn't getting any work off shortly after Clinton went into office and stayed that way until a year before his term was over. You couldn't talk to him for days after he would do the taxes. Even with living on just Mom's salary, we paid a huuuuuge amount. Then when he did get work again, that doubled.

But now, tax time has gotten back to being just another regular time. That and he has more than enough work to keep him occupied.

Yet all I hear is how the economy is crap and how no one is hiring, which is completely funny seeing how there was just a campus job fair with almost every business out there trying to recruit us. And no, not Walmart and not MickeyD's, but JPMorgan, Johnson&Johnson, random newsoutlets, etc.
                Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Do you live in New York or New Deli?

Comment

• Big Train
                    Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    Did it happen by accident? I think the level playing field, which prevented large corporations from absorbing any smaller companies and allowed for a level playing field was no accident.
                    Nick, I would absolutely LOVE to hear you sell that line to say the people who owned stock or worked for a company called Netscape..

Comment

• Big Train
                      Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

I'm gonna agree and say yes there is a problem with jobs in America, Ally's comments notwithstanding (college job fairs have much more to do with getting you for slave wages than anything-you vs. a 38 father of three has SERIOUS cost/benefits ratios in your favor).

The problem has nothing to do with the government, which has very little to do with anything outside of interest rates. The industries we used to dominate have become commodities in other countries and there is NO PROTECTION whatsoever for intellectual property, which is our main stock in trade nowadays. Whether it is the design of golf clubs or music (my business), ideas, works and processes are taken from this country and created or distributed elsewhere for very little money. To me, that is the gaping hole in the economy on the business side. We need to invent and dominate NEW industries..

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
                        I'm gonna agree and say yes there is a problem with jobs in America, Ally's comments notwithstanding (college job fairs have much more to do with getting you for slave wages than anything-you vs. a 38 father of three has SERIOUS cost/benefits ratios in your favor).

The problem has nothing to do with the government, which has very little to do with anything outside of interest rates. The industries we used to dominate have become commodities in other countries and there is NO PROTECTION whatsoever for intellectual property, which is our main stock in trade nowadays. Whether it is the design of golf clubs or music (my business), ideas, works and processes are taken from this country and created or distributed elsewhere for very little money. To me, that is the gaping hole in the economy on the business side. We need to invent and dominate NEW industries..
                        I suppose part of the blame goes to the Chinese pirates (of counterfeit DVD's, CD's, T-shirts, etc.). I'll cede that point. But at the very least the "Liberal" Clinton Administration provided an arena in which American high-tech industries could expand which effectively counteracts the typical BS propaganda that "tax & spend" liberals can't manage the economy.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                          What's more foolish? Judging our President by the same standard we judge baseball players? Or believing that "the Middle East [is] mostly democratic" now after gw's adventure?

How is old gw going to "de-fang" North Korea? Any moron could go and bomb the fuck out of the place. Not a big achievement even if it does come to fruition.

More foolishness.
                          Originally posted by John Ashcroft
                          How did Clinton deal with North Korea?
                          OD, I see you asked a question about President Bush's plans to deal with North Korea, and your perceived failures of his other foreign policy decisions.

As our good friend Mr. Ashcroft here has demonstrated, the most correct way to deal with any question of how President Bush will do/has done anything is by examining President Clinton's record.

Please refrain from asking any questions such as these in the future as our resident experts will direct you to the decisions of Presidents no longer in power.

I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

Well doc, maybe this is the "deep thinking" part that I've been talking about...

The analogy was made to illustrate that the counter policy of appeasement only worsens the situation (ala Clinton/Albright approach to dealing with rogue states by giving them nuclear capabilities on the simple "promise" they won't build weapons). I suppose I assumed people here could make the connection...

Well, I'm sure the Conservatives could.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

I saw your connection. How couldn't I? I've seen the same connection made repeatedly given the same context.

I see that the conservative "deep thinking" approach requires the example be reiterated dozens of times.
                              I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                                Veteran
                                • Jan 2004

As many times as it takes my friend.

Silly liberal's still don't get it.

Comment

Working...