Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Question 1) Ink Blot Test - What do you see?

Comment

• BigBadBrian
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

This sounds like HillaryCare.
      “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• ODShowtime
        ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by John Ashcroft
        her psychologist gave her a list of recommended reading. Every single book was from a feminist author, to include Gloria Steinham. I told my wife that I didn't really understand the reading list, and that it appeared to have an agenda. Well, to make a long story short, within the next few weeks her "counselor" had her convinced that she needed a divorce.
        JA, whenever you call me a lib, make sure you know I don't want anything to do with the war being fought on this front. It makes me sick to think that things like this happen to families. Children. I can understand why you hate real libs so much. When I started to learn about feminism and their agendas, it was a real eye opener.

My boss is a man-hating bitch. Luckily I can get away from her. I'm doing everything I can to.

damn dude.
        gnaw on it

Comment

• BigBadBrian
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by John Ashcroft
          Thanks dude.

Yeah, I don't understand why our system puts any credence in these friggin quacks, but I know there's an entire industry built on it. And that's certainly the answer. All I'm asking for is a bit of accountability. Almost every other fucking profession in the world has some measure of accountability! But not psychology. It's amazing. I have offered to go to any court in the land to plead my case as a caring husband and father. I've asked if I can contest the very divorce itself! I was told repetitively that it simply doesn't matter. And that I couldn't even contest the divorce. It would be granted regardless. Regardless of the damage it inflicted on my children. Regardless of the truth.

Yep, some "profession" huh? The damage they create is staggering. For every person like me, there's the even worse situation where another "psychologist" convinced a child (and the state) that their father was molesting them. It's like a war. It's weird. Why are they trying to destroy the fabric of our society like this? I truly don't understand.
          Hang in there, dude. Fight the divorce and prolong it if possible. Maybe your wife will come to her senses. I'd file for full custody of the kids also. That'd get her attention.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
            This sounds like HillaryCare.
            No, it's StalinCare. The long range intent of the BCE with this mandatory screening comes right out of old Joe's playbook.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Big Train
              Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

JA, I am very sorry to hear about the divorce. I offer my full support, as I am sure everyone on this board does as well.

The bottom line with physch types (I had some experience with one in college, which actually helped me to think on my own, after realizing he does nothing) is this : Anyone who cannot quantify what they do, does not do "work" or have a "job". It is a strange, unaccountable "activity" masquerading as "work". People in these situations tend to abuse their power as they know in their core they have no useful purpose.

I sympathize with you JA...rant to your heart's content.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

JA sorry to hear that.

My advice would be to play the severest hardball you can think of.

At the moment your wife will be floating about in some sort of utopian lah lah land where she thinks she's going to be fulfilled as an artists or something.

What you need to do is burst that bubble asap.

Get control of the money.

Don't leave home.

Start dating other women asap.

Be nice to the kids(obviously) but indifferent to her.

The absolute worst thing you can do at the moment is to appear needy by chasing after her.

Cheers!

Comment

• lms2

Wow...

Sorry to hear of your situation John. Prayers going out to you in your difficult time.

There is good and bad in everthing... the field of psychology included. Luck of the draw, or the wealthy I guess.

The government has done so much for our kids already. Don't spank them, don't critize them, don't teach them to pray, don't force them to pledge allegiance to their country, don't let them develop their own ideas regarding the basis of their existence, don't kick them out of school when the only reason they are there is to wreak havoc on others.

So now we need to spend in excess of 40 billion for some quack to look at canned answers to a canned test that is designed to convince people they are doing the right thing seeking help they probably didn't need to begin with?

Save your money, I will tell you for free. Americans are losing it! But, this ain't the answer.

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the concern, and you all rock. I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving (and a great day if Thanksgiving doesn't mean anything to ya). Spent the day with my kids and soon to be ex. Absolutely great day, even if my wife is still a bit screwed up...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I hope everything is as good as it can be at your end Mr A.

Happy TG.

My last post was kind of rushed but there is some wisdom in there somewhere...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        Question 1) Ink Blot Test - What do you see?
                        Reminds me of the HUGE posters/paintings you would see of Sadaam all over the place. Or Stalin for that matter.

Fucking creepy if you ask me.
                        Originally posted by Kristy
                        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                        Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Start dating other women asap.
                          Hey John, I can help out with this! Need me to leave any random answering machine messages?

But John, seriously, there's no way during the whole divorce procedure in court to get her to answer how her relationship with her mother has improved since she started therapy and then how this divorce will help affect that, seeing how this was the reason why she went in the first place?

And can't you just not sign the papers when it comes down to it? I know of a couple of cases where people filed for divorce and the other half didn't sign.

But hell, I say start taking out of the savings account and fight for custody of the children. I mean, hell, she's seeing a head doctor. Can she be trusted around children?

Evil, I know, but I think it'll help with Sesh's bursting bubble approach.
                          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Warham
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Sorry to hear about your divorce, Ashcroft.

When I first read that, I couldn't believe what I was reading.

Hopefully your wife will come to her senses and realize she's been pushed down the wrong road.

Good luck, and my prayers are with ya!

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                              Reminds me of the HUGE posters/paintings you would see of Sadaam all over the place. Or Stalin for that matter.

Fucking creepy if you ask me.
                              Hmmm.....I agree for once.

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                                Veteran
                                • Jan 2004

Thanks again everyone.

Well, this has been going on since last February. I now live alone in a rental. Checked on the prospect of contesting the divorce, no joy. You simply can't stop it (at least in Oklahoma). It's very strange. My wife filed under "irreconcilable differences", which of course we do not have. I swear to you, we were best friends right up until she started her sessions. Even during the "controversy" we simply didn't fight. It's the strangest thing I've ever been through. But anyway, lawyer says you can't stop a divorce in our state. I suppose that's because there's a whole industry built around divorce, and the lawyers and judges need to keep the customers coming...

About custody, naturally that was my first inclination. I still believe strongly that my wife's priorities are no longer with my children (for the simple fact that she's willing to destroy everything they've known in search of her own "happiness"). But, she's actually a wonderful mother. And I consider myself a pretty good dad. Together I believe we made one hell of a parenting team. My kids were some of the happiest children I've ever seen. Healthy, smart, doing great in school and preschool. But anyway, since my wife's not a druggie or abusive I simply don't stand a snowball's chance in hell of getting custody. I've hired the best lawyer in the state (fuckin' $14,000 retainer for Christ's sakes!), and she says "no chance". The legal system is just plain biased against fathers. It's that simple. Given the draw my wife and I have when it comes to parenting, she wins by default.

However, I did play a bit of hardball with her, and to stay out of court she's agreed to give me my house back and a split-custody arrangement with the kids (50/50 time). Given the circumstances, it's a better deal than I could get if I went to court. Guys, there's a bit more to the story that I'm not sharing (in regards to the little ms.), so I've got a few cards in my deck and I'm doing pretty well (other than being a zombie who hasn't slept more than a few hours per night for the last 9 months). But, I'll be officially divorced regardless of my wishes, next week. I'll be moving back into the house I've built around February, and more importantly I'll be more than an "every-other weekend" dad. Can't really think of dating just yet Sesh, although I'd love to do it just to see if she understands the choice she's made. I'm just not interested in anyone really. I suppose it's due to the fact that I've been faithfully married for 12 years, and literally grew up with my wife. I've become everything I am with her. I really don't know how to be anyone else. I guess I better figure the shit out soon, huh? (Ally, maybe you can help here... )

But, to the topic at hand, yes her psychologist really did me in. I can't even bring her to court because of confidentiality. Even though my wife admitted fully that "through counselling she's decided she needs to make a change in her life". That change meant breaking her family because a fucking femi-nazi psychologist told her things would be better that way. Children, commitment and responsibilities be damned! She actually told my wife that "people get divorced all the time, and the children do just fine". Can you believe it??? So, I can state very clearly that no psychologist ever better wander withing 20 ft of my children. I've never been so serious about anything in my life. If our school ever makes testing and counselling mandatory, I'll definitely pull my children from public school.

Comment

Working...