• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueturk
    Veteran
    • Jul 2004

Simply put,
    Originally posted by Big Train
    Well Turk, the point was (why do I always have to explain it twice?) that LITERALLY nothing he is saying is incorrect. What exactly is "clutching at straws" about that statement I don't know. You'll need to explain that one. But I guess you can't, as you've opted not to...

Why is he "my hero"? Was Kerry "your hero"? Were any of the losers the Dems put up your "guy"? I like Bush and thought he was the better choice.

You've got nothing here, so I don't know what exactly we are debating.
    Explain WHAT twice? That literally nothing Bush says is incorrect? Literally nothing that you or I or anybody else says is incorrect either,if you want to get literal about it.I didn't "opt out" of explaining my statement about clutching at straws .The meaning of that term should be fairly obvious.
    As for Kerry ,why would he be my hero?In my brief time on this site,I've never mentioned him at all.I call Dubya your hero because of your unflinching belief in him,as evidenced by the post that started this discussion; the ridiculous "war"and "president" theory.

Comment

• Big Train
      Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

I'm just trying to figure out what your trying to call him out on. Unflinching? Hardly. I feel people should be called out when warranted, I'm just trying to see that in your little tirade here. I used Kerry as an example, as you choose to use Bush on me. It's just as stupid.

Comment

• blueturk
        Veteran
        • Jul 2004

OK,I'll take it slow. I started this thread to call Bush out for wearing a specially tailored Marine tanker jacket usually worn by officers and enlisted men (though theirs aren't specially tailored),because he is not a soldier and for all intents and purposes never has been been,in my opinion.
        Than when I mentioned Dubya proclaiming himself a "war president' you came up with the Clintonian "president" in a time of "war" argument, so I posted Bush's quote about being a "war president" with "war on my mind" to clarify my use of the term "war president".I think calling Bush out for this quote is warranted,because Dubya has never been in a war and in fact took great pains to avoid being in one.
        Are we straight now?

Comment

• jacksmar
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Nickdfresh,

Are you sure you want to continue your wrong assessment?
          Warham presented a genuine war hero and you disagree.
          Warham presents a past Presidents draft record and you disagree, and then pictures the rest of the world saw.

You’re either living in the same world Ford is living in, or facts are in the way of your thinking.

Bluturk, I’m assuming you know reg 35-10?
          A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• Big Train
            Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Originally posted by blueturk
            OK,I'll take it slow. I started this thread to call Bush out for wearing a specially tailored Marine tanker jacket usually worn by officers and enlisted men (though theirs aren't specially tailored),because he is not a soldier and for all intents and purposes never has been been,in my opinion.
            Than when I mentioned Dubya proclaiming himself a "war president' you came up with the Clintonian "president" in a time of "war" argument, so I posted Bush's quote about being a "war president" with "war on my mind" to clarify my use of the term "war president".I think calling Bush out for this quote is warranted,because Dubya has never been in a war and in fact took great pains to avoid being in one.
            Are we straight now?
            Genius, listen. GW was never an infantryman, correct, but he was a part of our armed forces "For all intents and purposes". As the current commander-in-chief of ALL armed forces of the United States, he is entitled to wear any and all uniforms thereof, "in my opinion".

We are in a war right now. Obviously you are a very literal guy as in "he fought in the trenches at normandy" kinda of guy being the only person who is authorized to use the term "War president". Which is stupid. His use of the term is to literally say "I am a president in a time of war. The war is always on my mind". There is no ambiguity in that statement, it is fact. Your splitting cunthairs and adding interpretations to make a strange argument. That's all I'm saying.

I'm straight...always have been.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by jacksmar
              Nickdfresh,

Are you sure you want to continue your wrong assessment?
              Warham presented a genuine war hero and you disagree.
              Warham presents a past Presidents draft record and you disagree, and then pictures the rest of the world saw.
              What wrong assessment? Clinton protested against Vietnam and then signed up for the draft though he did try to avoid service.

Dubya was vehemently pro-Vietnam yet rook great pains to avoid service while heroically flying over Dallas in search of the elusive Viet Cong while flying an aircraft type he knew damn well was useless in Vietnam (F-102 Interceptor with little manuverablity in air to air combat). He used his clout to get into the Texas Air Nat'l Guard, and then essentially abandoned his post in Alabama.

Where was I wrong in that "conclusion." Give me a couple specifics Jacksmar!

By the way, did you know that some guy crawled out of the woodwork during the 88' Presidential election and called George Bush Sr. a coward? I don't remember the specifics, but he implied that Bush abandoned his crewmen to die after his torpedo bomber crashed in the sea.

Does a guy with a partisan ax to grind that comes out to cast aspersions on someone's service record mean anything to me? Not really! I even heard that Teddy Roosevelt never made the charge up San Juan Hill according top a soldier in his unit. Do I believe him? But you guys only bring this shit up when a Democrat is involved.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Genius, listen. GW was never an infantryman, correct, but he was a part of our armed forces "For all intents and purposes". As the current commander-in-chief of ALL armed forces of the United States, he is entitled to wear any and all uniforms thereof, "in my opinion".

We are in a war right now. Obviously you are a very literal guy as in "he fought in the trenches at normandy" kinda of guy being the only person who is authorized to use the term "War president". Which is stupid. His use of the term is to literally say "I am a president in a time of war. The war is always on my mind". There is no ambiguity in that statement, it is fact. Your splitting cunthairs and adding interpretations to make a strange argument. That's all I'm saying.

I'm straight...always have been.
                He wanted to be a pilot. There was a war going on that needed combat pilots! So why did he not volunteer to fly a F-105 "thud" or a F-4 Phantom in the regular airforce? So he could avoid any risk of combat!

Comment

• b1c2
                  Groupie
                  • May 2004

This got me thinking about something- why are the type of men that run from serving their country now in charge of it? Seriously...neither Clinton nor W did what I consider the best thing for their country when they had the chance to. Is it because both of them were spoiled boys that want to be at the top but don't want to do the work to get them there? Are they just so accustomed to getting around the loopholes of life because of who they are that it doesn't occur to them that they're being treated specially? If so, why is America electing them? Because there isn't anyone better? Why aren't we insisting more from our elected officials? Should you have to have been in the military to be commander-in-chief?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Being President is an extremely tough job. Look at a picture of Bush four or five years ago, and look at one of him today. Clinton looks a lot better now than he's been out of office now, and he still had heart trouble.

Comment

• Big Train
                      Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Nick,

You raise an interesting question, but I also see another possibility. Perhaps Daddy did want him to go and put him in a safe place. It isn't like he didn't have the pull.

As far as military service goes, should it be mandatory to be president: I don't think so. It's like saying you had to play ball to be a great coach. There are some shitty coaches who are former players and some great coaches who never played. It is the world's biggest management job and not easy. The military is only one aspect of what he does. While I do think military service is helpful, I don't think it is everything.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Nick,

You raise an interesting question, but I also see another possibility. Perhaps Daddy did want him to go and put him in a safe place. It isn't like he didn't have the pull.

As far as military service goes, should it be mandatory to be president: I don't think so. It's like saying you had to play ball to be a great coach. There are some shitty coaches who are former players and some great coaches who never played. It is the world's biggest management job and not easy. The military is only one aspect of what he does. While I do think military service is helpful, I don't think it is everything.
                        I actually agree. Most senior officers who served under Clinton (i.e. Gen. Colin Powell ret.) praised his understanding of the issues.

But by the same token, I am uncomfortable with a President that too freely dons military garb to get "street cred" with the troops, not that I think Bush was necessarily wrong in doing so in this particular case, I was more sickened by the flight suit episode a ways back.

Comment

• Angel
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                          Clinton never served his country and Dubya did. End of story.
                          8 years as President isn't serving your country?
                          "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                            8 years as President isn't serving your country?
                            A life time of public service sure is. Especially when you've been dogged by Ken Starr for a large part of those 8 years.
                            Last edited by Nickdfresh; 12-09-2004, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Big Train
                              Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Nice swerve there.. Touche Libs..

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Nice swerve there.. Touche Libs..

Comment