So what, exactly, has the Dept . of Homeland Security done to protect this country?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
    Yeah...I've read parts of that thread.
    Mind-boggling GENIUS, isn't it!

Comment

• frets5150
      Commando
      • Feb 2004

NOTHING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Don't worry! They're on the job.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Give her an Asscrawler BUMP!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Re: So what, exactly, has the Dept . of Homeland Security done to protect this country?

Originally posted by FORD
            I've even heard a rumor that DHS employees have nothing better to do than spam internet forums with a bunch of useless bullshit while naming themselves after Ac/Dc songs. Surely this cannot be the case with the priority the BCE has given this agency.

Anybody have any insights on this?
            Doesn't ABC News have a name for shit like this, yes! It's called "The Fleecing of America!"

Comment

• Figs
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

Homeland security probably has helped next to nothing. It's kind of a no-win situation. If they had just said that they will keep all the old departments as is but just do a better job, many would say it wasn't enough. Who knows what's been thwarted? I just don't think you can guarantee no terrorism. I still think it would be easy to blow up a NYC subway or commuter train. No one is checking every bag. I'm not saying do nothing, but can you really check every bag, the entire border, etc.?

As for the color system, yeah it's ineffective. It's only going to be yellow or orange (when will it be red, when the next airplane hits a building?). And when it's orange you're just supposed to go about your business anyway. WTF?? Then again, what do you want? It stemmed from the Police bitching about the Feds not filling them in on terror threats. Do you want only the police to know about it? When the M-16 toting soldiers show up at the train station everyone will want to know why the government didn't fill them in.

Comment

Working...