X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
    JFK understood that when he stared at a nuclear war in early '60's. He sure as hell didn't decide that the military option was immediately a non-option. He fucking came within a cunt hair to pushing the button and launching a first strike himself and that's a fact. In the end, he played it cool and made a decision that mankind can be grateful for. The same can be said of Kruschev. Both sides finally realized the madness they were in.
    But that was JFK. A decent leader with a functional brain. If Junior had been pResident in 1962, none of us would be here debating this right now, because that stupid fucking son of a bitch would have pushed the button FIRST.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ODShowtime
      ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

So?

I don't want war with Iran either. Nobody does. However, military means must always be on the table when discussing things of this nature.

Anyway, I wouldn't get to hot and bothered about Iran yet, LM.
      I was going to make a similar point. The military option must stay on the table. This is diplomacy whilst carrying a big stick.

BUT, knowing how much gw&friends love a good war, I'm still thinking it's an inevitable outcome.
      gnaw on it

Comment

• BigBadBrian
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime

BUT, knowing how much gw&friends love a good war, I'm still thinking it's an inevitable outcome.
        I think you're wrong.

If not, I don't think he'll have ANY support for that.
        “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• ODShowtime
          ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

I think you're wrong.

If not, I don't think he'll have ANY support for that.
          I hope to God I'm wrong! I hope I'm wrong about a lot of stuff.

You and I both know what it will take to get the public and Congress ready for another war.
          gnaw on it

Comment

Working...