X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
    Who cares how long ago it started? The point is how many roads weren't built or repaired elsewhere over that time period to fund this one project? I have a lot to say about those two senators, who are the biggest idiots on the East Coast possibly. I'm just using this to point out how simple minded it is (and NY it is) to say "We pay the most". Either be the "biggest baddest city" in the US and shut up or give up the title and whine like bitches..
    Because it's not their fault. The problem with the Dig is that the lanes were expanded from the original four to six. What happened was that the "slip wall", (a semi-permanent wall of grout or cheap, poor quality concrete used as fill) outer-portion that was to border the finished wall became the main wall, which has caused numerous leaks. There was poor planning, but blaming it all on Kennedy is like blaming an earthquake on the Governor of California.

Oh, and by-the-way, being in Califunia', you guys are being screwed over too.

Last edited by Nickdfresh; 02-14-2005, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• ODShowtime
      ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by academic punk
      I can't suss why I'm paying for, as an example, Wyoming's education program (especially when NY's is in such critrical need of extra funding) and power system, and even thier elected officials salaries.

Don't forget we're paying for Iraq's educational programs and electrical systems too!
      gnaw on it

Comment

• whodat
        Groupie
        • Jun 2004

if the red states are so bad why is there such a desire for all the snowbird yankee assholes to move down here in the so called bible belt, sunbelt? i dont understand why we all just cant get along. BUSH RULES! I love bush..the PUSSY

Comment

• academic punk
          Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
          Don't forget we're paying for Iraq's educational programs and electrical systems too!
          We should! We destoyed it, we're responsible to fix it!

Comment

• ODShowtime
            ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Well, someone destroyed it. I didn't really have a say in it.
            gnaw on it

Comment

• academic punk
              Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
              Well, someone destroyed it. I didn't really have a say in it.

Funny how that works.

Not unlike my girlfriend informing me that I'll be paying for dinner at one of Zagat's top ranked places (read: expensive!!!) tonight.

I just pay, I get no say...

Comment

• Big Train
                Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                Because it's not their fault. The problem with the Dig is that the lanes were expanded from the original four to six. What happened was that the "slip wall", (a semi-permanent wall of grout or cheap, poor quality concrete used as fill) outer-portion that was to border the finished wall became the main wall, which has caused numerous leaks. There was poor planning, but blaming it all on Kennedy is like blaming an earthquake on the Governor of California.

Oh, and by-the-way, being in Califunia', you guys are being screwed over too.
                Bullshit it ain't. The contractors FUCKED Up. 15 Billion and we are using poor quality concrete? The contractors have VERY close ties to Mr. Kennedy and his running buddy Mr. Kerry. It's been a labor free-for-all since day one, one that could not be stopped once it began (numerous times it was going to be as other senators began nosing around). It was Uncle Teddy's legacy...halfass construction and Sopranos style management. Fucking pure bullshit that those in red states never had the luxury of having.

I know all too well about California. Every blue state I ever lived in had excessive Dem bullshit fuck it up, then hand off the mess to a Repub to fix (Romney in Mass, The Guvenator out here)..

Comment

• academic punk
                  Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

ROMNEY???!@? Please...how is he making ANYTHING better?

Now in NY...we have Joe Bruno, Guy Vellella, Kerik, you know...the real law-abiding republicans...

In fact, the worst thing a tri-state area dem has done lately is ome out of the closet in NJ.

(and subsequently it turns out that he was fukcing any and everything that moved!)

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Bullshit it ain't. The contractors FUCKED Up. 15 Billion and we are using poor quality concrete?
                    NO! The engineers fucked up when the lanes were widened! The grout was not supposed to be the finished wall! They eliminated an entire part of the design by not furnishing and extra barrier for the interiors walls.

The contractors have VERY close ties to Mr. Kennedy and his running buddy Mr. Kerry. It's been a labor free-for-all since day one, one that could not be stopped once it began (numerous times it was going to be as other senators began nosing around). It was Uncle Teddy's legacy...halfass construction and Sopranos style management. Fucking pure bullshit that those in red states never had the luxury of having.
                    Oh brother? I suppose Teddy was on site, throwing his enemies into pits and pouring concrete over them.

I know all too well about California. Every blue state I ever lived in had excessive Dem bullshit fuck it up, then hand off the mess to a Repub to fix (Romney in Mass, The Guvenator out here)..
                    Then how come my "blue" state is run by corrupt, unpopular Republicans, and we're fucked up at every level. I hope the Republicans nominate Pataki so we'll be sure to be rid of him.

Comment

• Big Train
                      Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      NO! The engineers fucked up when the lanes were widened! The grout was not supposed to be the finished wall! They eliminated an entire part of the design by not furnishing and extra barrier for the interiors walls.

Oh brother? I suppose Teddy was on site, throwing his enemies into pits and pouring concrete over them.

Then how come my "blue" state is run by corrupt, unpopular Republicans, and we're fucked up at every level. I hope the Republicans nominate Pataki so we'll be sure to be rid of him.
                      In a battle of semantics, are the engineers NOT contractors?

Also, justify to me for the 15 Billion dollar price tag (most expensive Public works project in history) WHY we are using cheap concrete?

Ted was very close to the action. I'm not talking murders dumbass (although an 80 foot hole a mile long underneath a major city...somebody MUSTA been flown in for that), but kickback scandals to numerous to count. Payoffs, contractors selling site materials to third parties (one guy was driving lumber to a house being built right off the site), police overtime (i.e. Sleeping)..just goes on and on. The guy in charge of funding it, Uncle Teddy, never so much as raised an eyebrow during the ENTIRE 20 years. Yet, he never once questioned where his votes were coming from either.

Don't know about your blue state, never wanted to live there.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

That statement is in error.

You need to read the below books to ascertain the facts on how much of the Iraqi infrastructructure Coalition forces did indeed destroy.

OR

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                          That statement is in error.

You need to read the below books to ascertain the facts on how much of the Iraqi infrastructructure Coalition forces did indeed destroy.

[
                          Because the CERTAINLY isnt any spin, or bias in these books whatsoever....
                          Originally posted by Kristy
                          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                          Originally posted by cadaverdog
                          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                            Because the CERTAINLY isnt any spin, or bias in these books whatsoever....
                            Uh huh. I know you won't read them to find out. They are by military men who have served under both Democrats and Republicans.

At least I've read Richard Clarke's book.

Blind accusations are the name of the game, I see.
                            “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

In a battle of semantics, are the engineers NOT contractors?

Also, justify to me for the 15 Billion dollar price tag (most expensive Public works project in history) WHY we are using cheap concrete?

Ted was very close to the action. I'm not talking murders dumbass (although an 80 foot hole a mile long underneath a major city...somebody MUSTA been flown in for that), but kickback scandals to numerous to count. Payoffs, contractors selling site materials to third parties (one guy was driving lumber to a house being built right off the site), police overtime (i.e. Sleeping)..just goes on and on. The guy in charge of funding it, Uncle Teddy, never so much as raised an eyebrow during the ENTIRE 20 years. Yet, he never once questioned where his votes were coming from either.

Don't know about your blue state, never wanted to live there.
                              I can't explain it anymore. Read the Globe on it or something. In construction, grout is used as fillin for big holes, not to be structurally sound. Since , now pay attention 'cause I know you're smart enough to get this, it's not semantics--THEY**NEEDED**MORE**LANES**DUE**TO**THE
                              **UNANTICIPATED**INCREASE**IN**TRAFFIC VOLUME around Boston...THEREFORE the engineers decided that what was designed to be a temporary barrier for the finished walls (originally the outer grout wall), then was made to be the main outer wall that it was never intended or designed for since there was no longer room for the original wall designed. That's why the leaks happened.

My brothers and engineer and a Republican also, he explained it to me and I have worked with concrete in the past, sorry if you don't follow.

I'm not saying that Kennedy is blameless, but if we're are going to talk about how the FedGov't wastes money, we can talk about (The Pentagon's) $40 hammers and $800 coffee makers for jet transports that are designed to withstand a 5G crash :confused: all day. How many Republican Senators and Congressman are in on that shit?

I mean we can talk about ethics, wasn't the former speaker of the House (Tom DeLay?) essentially shielded from prosecution from his buddies in the Repub. majority? Where's your outrage for that one BT, or is it okay since he's a Republican?

I know Kennedy is an easy and favorite mark, but you guys have plenty of shit on your (my) side of the isle as well.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                                Uh huh. I know you won't read them to find out. They are by military men who have served under both Democrats and Republicans.

At least I've read Richard Clarke's book.

Blind accusations are the name of the game, I see.
                                Really, what do you think of the accusations in this thread?

Comment

Working...