X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by FORD
    Still haven't seen it. Now that it's finally out on DVD, it's probably worth a rental though.
    I suggest you read Matthew and then view the movie...

You won't regret it...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
      I suggest you read Matthew and then view the movie...

You won't regret it...

I hear if you eat 'shrooms, and put on Dark Side of The Moon and turn the sound down the music follows the movie exactly
      Originally posted by Kristy
      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
      Originally posted by cadaverdog
      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

I heard that too...

So what ??

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Still haven't seen it. Now that it's finally out on DVD, it's probably worth a rental though.
          I've seen it at the checkout line in Larry's Market, but I'd rather order a copy through the mail, delivered in brown paper, so my neighbors don't know I'm watching it.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

I jus have to figure ELVIS is going to blow an F-ing GASKET when The Davinci Code is released in the Theaters.......

Mary was preggers w/ Jesus' Baby........The Holy Grail. The Blood of Christ.

They were married

She's in the Last Supper

Their decendents live in France to this day.

Holy shit he's going to explode

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

I heard that too...

So what ??
              It's The Wizard of Oz that DSOTM follows, silly rabbit

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Whatever dude...

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Is the source in any way linked to Catholicism ??

The Catholic reference causes me to question the credibility...

I believe the following...

Jesus had a large following who correctly proclaimed him King Of The Jews...

The Jewish authorities took this in a literal sense, and saw it as a crime, "an intolerable political offense"...

Caiaphas asked Jesus whether he was the Messiah. The mere fact that he asked this indicates that the claims of his followers were known...

Also, Jesus threatened the Temple, by his actions against the moneychangers. The authorities saw this as a lawful offense...

This is my understanding

More than that, Jesus exposed them as the controlling hypocrites that they are. Few people in those days would have openly challenged the words of the religious leaders, even if they were blatantly doing things opposed to the teachings of Moses and/or other prophets.

Jesus not only kicked their asses, but boldly stated that He was doing so as the Son of God. Ooops... guess whose position as religious authorities just got shut down.

Do you believe these mean old farts in the Temple, or do you believe the Son of God who you have personally witnessed healing sick, crippled, blind, and maybe even a dead person here and there? A guy who doesn't need a boat to get across the Sea of Galilee? How the Hell does the Religious Right compete with that?

They can't. So they had to kill him.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                    Nah, A/P

Don't worry, Happy Brithday

The fact that ELVIS is so blind he can't see the irony and hypocrisy in that post is my cue to skeedaddle...

It's scary actually, when you couple it with his view that there are NO good muslims in the world, and that they're all evil.

Get in Line with ELVIS, or spend eternity in Hell. No matter how good a human life you live....
                    I guess Elvis is the only good Christian in the entire world. Heaven's gonna' be very lonely when they find you stumped over on the toilet.

Let me ask you a theological question Elvis: Does the works you do on earth matter (i.e. donating to charity, volunteering, etc.) matter in the grand scheme of things? Or is it merely about accepting the word of Jesus?

For instance, will Mother Theresa go to hell, while Ted Bundy go to heaven if he accepts the word of God moments before the electricity is turned on?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                      I hear if you eat 'shrooms, and put on Dark Side of The Moon and turn the sound down the music follows the movie exactly
                      You know, even without the 'shrooms, there's something to that.

Comment

• Warham
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

There's a saying in the scriptures Nick,

'Faith without good works is dead.'

In other words: You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?

I'm with Elvis on the Catholic traditions, and I can talk. I was Catholic for 22 years. The only reason I go around a Catholic church anymore is to attend weddings and baptisms.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Pass the popcorn.

Warham and Elvis are doing quite nicely on this one.

academic punk is also doing quite well.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

But Creationism is still bullshit.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

More than that, Jesus exposed them as the controlling hypocrites that they are. Few people in those days would have openly challenged the words of the religious leaders, even if they were blatantly doing things opposed to the teachings of Moses and/or other prophets.

Jesus not only kicked their asses, but boldly stated that He was doing so as the Son of God. Ooops... guess whose position as religious authorities just got shut down.

Do you believe these mean old farts in the Temple, or do you believe the Son of God who you have personally witnessed healing sick, crippled, blind, and maybe even a dead person here and there? A guy who doesn't need a boat to get across the Sea of Galilee? How the Hell does the Religious Right compete with that?

They can't. So they had to kill him.

Verily...

Comment

• ODShowtime
                                ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                                FORD's positions of Biblical matters are inconsistent. He believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and believes in Old Testament prophecy, but yet for some reason denies other scriptures in the Old Testament, even when Jesus himself referred to them as being holy writ.
                                How can you be sure that anything Jesus read in the old testament is still in there today? It was heavily censured and edited for polical gain by everyone who could get their hands on it for the last 2000 years. Come on now.
                                gnaw on it

Comment

Working...