X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by vanzilla
    And to say Hillary would be a serious candidate for the Dems?

I know they're not the most organized party out there, but I would hope they would choose someone who doesn't alienate 50% of the vote before any of the issues are debated.
    Hillary is being pushed by the right wing mediawhores. They would love to see it happen, because the rabid right doesn't hate anybody like they hate the Clintons.

The true irony here is that Hillary has become one of them, and is no longer a liberal by any stretch of the imagination. If she ever was, that is. Her first political experience was with the Goldwater campaign, after all....
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• academic punk
      Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      He has publically stated in the past that the HIV virus could be transmitted by sweat or tears. That might play well with Fred Phelps over at godhatesfags.com but it's not going to buy him any votes in the real world.

Yes it will.

Not mine, but he knows EXACTLY who he's courting by making claims that he blatantly knows are false.

Comment

• vanzilla
        Veteran
        • Jul 2004

Frist has two major flaws that will put off even any reasonably sane Republican.

First, he has admitted to adopting cats from animal shelters as a med student and slicing them up in the interest of "science". Animal cruelty isn't a strong selling point.

For a man who's allegedly a skilled heart surgeon, and owns (with his family) the largest corporate hospital chain in America (Humana/HCA) Frist is unbelievably ignorant on some medical matters. He has publically stated in the past that the HIV virus could be transmitted by sweat or tears. That might play well with Fred Phelps over at godhatesfags.com but it's not going to buy him any votes in the real world.
        Your absolutely right Ford, I didn't even mention those points. I'm glad you picked up on them.

Although I don't advocate animal cruelty (does anyone?) - the cat thing doesn't bother me as much as I think it would other people. The guy's a doctor, he disected some cats - it happens more than we think probably. I'm not justifying it - simply stating it's not a deal breaker for me. I've never been on board with PETA, and I own 2 cats.

The HIV thing however is absolutely insane! Obviously you saw his interview with Stephanopolus last month. Unbelievable. A classic example of how he's willing to bullshit to further his party's agenda.
        Just because the title "moderator" is under my name doesn't mean I have to be nice to cunts like you. - DLR7884 to FPC

Vanzilla's New "Can't Get This Stuff No More" Video Coming Soon!

Comment

• Jesterstar
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Frist isn't charismatic enough to pull off a victory for the Republicans. I live in Tennessee and have met this guy on several occasions. He is the most plastic, disingenuine person I've ever met who will down right lie to support his cause.

I produce sports - a few years back while he was running a marathon, his PR person pulled me aside, and asked if I wanted to interview him after he crossed the finish line. I took her up on the offer, but made a point to say I wouldn't throw him all softball questions about running. She said it wasn't a problem.

Frist comes over - I ask him 2 questions about the marathon, then shift over to the WMD's not being found - and he pulls the plug on the interview. "That's not an appropriate question right now" he says. I told him his staff knew I was going to ask other questions...he said, "Well they didn't let me know. So this interview is over." That's the kind of pussy this guy is. As long as he's kissing babies and you're getting it on TV - he's your best friend. Ask a legit question about any issues, it's time to shut off the cameras.

I know a news photographer who followed him when he went to the areas ripped apart by the tsunami. He's showed me the raw footage of him totally taking advantage of this photo op, instead of really helping out. On one occasion when being taped - he told my friend to "make sure you get a lot of devastation in the background." He's also on tape snickering about tieing up one of the much needed govt. helicopters that were intended to help with aid, instead of being used as his personal taxi.

Of course, you'll never see that footage on the 6:00 news.
          And There is Debate over weather the media is bought and paid for. If I saw a dude snickering about tying up a helicopter on the news. You bet I would make sure that he stepped down from public service.
          Seshmeister is such a STUD.........OOOOOOOOOO

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/im...cnesbitt_1.jpg

Comment

• vanzilla
            Veteran
            • Jul 2004

RE: JESTER'S POST ON THE MEDIA...

It's been reported, just not in the mainstream. Stand by - I'll try to find the links.

The thing with the media is this: We're fucking lazy. You think we have the time or resources to look up all the facts. Fuck no. We're are no longer ran like a public service, but instead a company.

There are some of us who do a great job, others - not so much. It's very much like any other trade. Sure there's a standard - but how many of us actually strive to meet it?

The media isn't like the medical or legal profession where you have to have a degree and continue your education to keep practicing. Shit Peter Jennings didn't graduate from college. Neither did I for that matter. - There lies the problem - today's media is willing to sacrifice quality in order to save money. It's not unusual for stations to hire kids right out of college, pay them 25 or 30 grand if their lucky and put them on air with no experience. This used to happen only in small markets. Now it's happening in Top 20 markets. I know, my friend just got a job in Philly. He's 23.

I got into sports because I was tired of chasing down ambulances and fire trucks. There's only so many murders and burglaries you can report. Unfortunately, reporting on crime is easy so that's why you see so much of it - even though the crime rate in It's like doing a cannonball off the high dive - takes no skill, but it's fun and makes a big splash!
            Just because the title "moderator" is under my name doesn't mean I have to be nice to cunts like you. - DLR7884 to FPC

Comment

• vanzilla
              Veteran
              • Jul 2004

I got into sports because I was tired of chasing down ambulances and fire trucks. There's only so many murders and burglaries you can report. Unfortunately, reporting on crime is easy so that's why you see so much of it - even though the crime rate in It's like doing a cannonball off the high dive - takes no skill, but it's fun and makes a big splash!
              Meant to type crime rate is down 20% in the last 15 years nationwide...sorry for the typo.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

It's been reported, just not in the mainstream. Stand by - I'll try to find the links.

The thing with the media is this: We're fucking lazy. You think we have the time or resources to look up all the facts. Fuck no. We're are no longer ran like a public service, but instead a company.

There are some of us who do a great job, others - not so much. It's very much like any other trade. Sure there's a standard - but how many of us actually strive to meet it?

The media isn't like the medical or legal profession where you have to have a degree and continue your education to keep practicing. Shit Peter Jennings didn't graduate from college. Neither did I for that matter. - There lies the problem - today's media is willing to sacrifice quality in order to save money. It's not unusual for stations to hire kids right out of college, pay them 25 or 30 grand if their lucky and put them on air with no experience. This used to happen only in small markets. Now it's happening in Top 20 markets. I know, my friend just got a job in Philly. He's 23.

As one of my communications professors once said, it's a simple formula of local reporting, the three "C's": "Cash, Crime, and Children." You can add "cute," fuzzy animals to that as well. --Look for that formula in your locall reporting and you can clearly see the pattern!

May I return your avatar complement as well! Jon Stewert is classic!
                Last edited by Nickdfresh; 04-04-2005, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Jesterstar
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

I agree but why did the media become lazy??? Because THEY needed the media to be. If they really checked into the real FACTS. It would separate our socioty and world beyond repair.

Comment

• GAR
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2004

Are you saying god doesn't hate fags?

I'm voting for Jeb Bush in 2008, with Schwarze****** as his prom-date.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                      Are you saying god doesn't hate fags?

God doesn't hate anybody except the BCE.

I'm voting for Jeb Bush in 2008, with Schwarze****** as his prom-date.
                      Jeb won't run and Ahnold can't.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

It's still very much wait and see at this point, I think...Rudy might make a strong run for it, but it's still so early anybody has time to throw their hat into the ring yet...there's still time for top contenders to come into the field.
                        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Jesterstar
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Jeb won't run and Ahnold can't.
                          Jeb might take a stab at it. But Arnold will run. Mark my words. That law is going to change in the next few years.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jesterstar
                            Jeb might take a stab at it. But Arnold will run. Mark my words. That law is going to change in the next few years.
                            Oh the law will change, but it won't change THAT one! Not after 9-11!

Arnold should go back to making movies.
                            http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                            http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Jesterstar
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe

George Bush SR has been quoted as saying that he supports arnold being president. I think that's all the endorsement you need.

Comment

• bueno bob
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe

You seen his last couple movies?

Might wanna re-think that...
                                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...