X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Igosplut
    Most of the high-mileage oils have been discontinued as well (Mobil one had a 10-40 high mileage synthetic that was good, but they canned it)
    Um, no. They've expanded the line to three oils with a 5W-30 HM actually. Their 10W-30 is the best actually IMO. Very low pour point meaning probably a lot of PAO.

All the STP type oil-extenders had high PPM ZDDP, that's how they worked...

I like using Amsoil, they are the best (and the first) in synthetics but it's pricey...
    Amsoil's top shit. But yeah, it's expensive. And the "first in synthetics" thing is a complete lie. Synthetics were around in the 1920s and Germans put it in their panzers during WWII. The first commercially available one was actually made by a French oil company (Motul or Total I think)...

Comment

• Igosplut
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      Um, no. They've expanded the line to three oils with a 5W-30 HM actually. Their 10W-30 is the best actually IMO. Very low pour point meaning probably a lot of PAO.
      Ok, let me say that I can't get it through my normal distributors. They were the one's to say it was discontinued. It's not worth me searching elsewhere for it profit-margin wise if you know what I mean. Fuck, there's a shitload of different weight applications now, it's a pain to stock that many for oil changes that aren't profitable anyway....

Amsoil's top shit. But yeah, it's expensive. And the "first in synthetics" thing is a complete lie. Synthetics were around in the 1920s and Germans put it in their panzers during WWII. The first commercially available one was actually made by a French oil company (Motul or Total I think)...
      Interesting, (and you would know WW2 stuff) but you know the old twist...Maybe the first to market in the states, ect..
      Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Igosplut
        Ok, let me say that I can't get it through my normal distributors. They were the one's to say it was discontinued. It's not worth me searching elsewhere for it profit-margin wise if you know what I mean. Fuck, there's a shitload of different weight applications now, it's a pain to stock that many for oil changes that aren't profitable anyway....
        There's a ton of different Mobil1s, and that's just them and I can see it being a giant pain in the ass as M1 alone now has three different versions of the same weights of oils. However, your distributors might be cunts. ...

In any case, if you use the stuff in your bike or something, you can get it at Autozone or Wal-Mart pretty easily...

Interesting, (and you would know WW2 stuff) but you know the old twist...Maybe the first to market in the states, ect..
        I think Wiki stated that it was Chevron that was the first in the 1960s with a completely synthetic line, but they dropped it. Amsoil was early 70s, but somebody made it for them. Mobil1 was out in New England testing not long after Amsoil, so most consider Mobil1 the basically the first because they succeeded in sales, made their own, and have the market locked up...

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Regular here is 87, mid is 89 or 91, and 93-octane is the highest regular fuel. Sunoco once sold 94-octane here, but they stopped with the advent of the millenium.
          you're right, same here. i got to work and started thinking 87 was the lowest. not every station i hit has all three grades, Sam's Club doesn't carry midgrade.

It's hard to say. I think you really only notice synthetic oil on really cold morning start-ups.
          my SRT-6 runs Mobil 1 synthetic but i wouldn't know much about cold weather starts. it sits in the garage all winter.
          Last edited by twonabomber; 09-22-2009, 11:15 PM.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Dr. Love
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

2.67 for 89 octane... was thinking the other day that we had made it through the summer without hitting $3/gallon this year. Looking back at this thread and the prices a long time ago ... those days are long gone
            I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
              Well, I blew up the engine in my E320, don't know if running regular was a coincidince or not. The Lexus says use premium, so I do.

This fucking SATURN rental piece a shit go go fucking choke on shit regular. Turning radius is worse than a truck! SCREW Saturns!
              Oh... so now you're claiming to be driving Mercedes and Lexus's???

I'm sure the engine in the E320 blew from you running it on used motor oil as fuel that you were claiming a few months ago...

Are you really that much of a fucking dumbass that you can't even stay in line with your own fantasy lies..?
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                Oh... so now you're claiming to be driving Mercedes and Lexus's???

I'm sure the engine in the E320 blew from you running it on used motor oil as fuel that you were claiming a few months ago...

Are you really that much of a fucking dumbass that you can't even stay in line with your own fantasy lies..?
                Ha ha! Owned! I noticed that too, but thought it'd be better for someone else to mention it.

I think it was a while ago, but I remember GAR stating how he used to get dirty oil from some store like Autozone to put into his bling bling 1980-something "Mazda 626" shitbox...

He can't afford like $15 for a few quarts of a name brand oil and a filter, but now is drivin a Lexus.
                Last edited by Nickdfresh; 09-23-2009, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

"Drivin a Lexus," Mr. cut and paste ??

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    "Drivin a Lexus," Mr. cut and paste ??
                    You spend a shitload of time worrying about others' posts, don't you? Why don't you worry about your own shitty, one line grunts of digital ignorance and "cuts and pastes?"

Go suck some Jesus-Juice® out of Micheal Jackson's dead dick!

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

And you go find someone else to put your Wiki®-smarts up against, besides Igo...

Comment

Working...