X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave's PA Rental
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
    People don't want to hear day after day how fucked up they are and listen to the message of hate these people spew.
    see my last post.
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
      People don't want to hear day after day how fucked up they are and listen to the message of hate these people spew.
      You just described Rush's audience to a "T".
      Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I voted for Clinton in 92, and by the time he left office, I was embarrased that I had voted for him.

After 9/11, I was proud of Bush...I think that handled the situation as best as anyone could. Now I am embarrased that he is our President.

Bush had me up until this Howard Stern controversy, and the obvious attempt by Bush of undermining our Freedom Of Speech.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

And please spare me the 800-word copied/pasted conservative article defending Bush about this.

This is worse than Watergate and you know it.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And it's definitely worse than some guy getting his dick sucked too.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

And you two hate-mongerers buy into the lies...

And no you fool.. Saying "******" is not "definitely worse" than the president screwing a young girl in office and lying about it to the world...

And us conservatives still didn't HATE Clinton for that incident, like you peace loving-bleeding heart-Saddam has feelings too-terrorists have civil rights-liberals HATE Bush...

Get a life and a real job...

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

wow, Ive never been called a "hatemongerer" before... Is that what Bill O'reiley told all you idiots to call us Democrats?

I dont know if this whole Howard Stern thing has been covered here, so I apologize if im covering something again...

I dont usually buy into these liberal conspiracies as much as FORD does, but dont you think its ironic that the president of Clear Channel decides to throw Stern off his stations THE DAY BEFORE he has to testify befor Congress? Clear Channel recently re-up'ed their contract with Stern (this was pre-Janet Jackson floppy boob). And all of a sudden, the shtick that Stern has been doing for the last 10 years on Clear Channel stations becomes offensive...right around the same time that Stern voices his opposition to President Bush.

Stern didnt even say "******". The guy that boned Paris Hilton did, on the phone. Once he said it, Stern ended the phone call.

And Elvis, please dont group me with FORD. I guess you havent read my earlier posts...I HATED Howard Dean, and I was ALL FOR thumping that fucker Saddam out of Iraq. Bush's FATHER should have fucking finished the job before more Americans had to go back there to die, and tens of thousands of Kurds and other Iraqi's got BUTCHERED by Saddam and his cronies.

Comment

• steve
                  Sniper
                  • Feb 2004

Yes. No. I agree with that. No, I disagree with this.

Anyway, the liberal opinion media already exists...

The Simpsons
                  South Park
                  The Daily Show
                  The Onion
                  The Howard Stern Show (the news commentaries and making fun of celebrities parts of it anyway)

...it's just in the form of satire.
                  Last edited by steve; 03-13-2004, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• rustoffa
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Daves PA rental
                    wow, Ive never been called a "hatemongerer" before... Is that what Bill O'reiley told all you idiots to call us Democrats?
                    Well,calling folks idiots might get ya called a "hatemonger".I dunno about hatemongerer.....did you type that Elvis?

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Dude, if im a hatemongerer, shouldnt you be welcoming me into the fold?

Comment

• lucky wilbury

Originally posted by Daves PA rental
                        I voted for Clinton in 92, and by the time he left office, I was embarrased that I had voted for him.

After 9/11, I was proud of Bush...I think that handled the situation as best as anyone could. Now I am embarrased that he is our President.

Bush had me up until this Howard Stern controversy, and the obvious attempt by Bush of undermining our Freedom Of Speech.
                        i guess you won't be for the gold digging senator either then:
                        The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.

Kerry: Stations Have Right to Pull Stern
                        Sun Feb 29, 5:43 PM ET

NEW YORK - Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry (news - web sites) said radio stations are within their right to pull Howard Stern off the air if they object to the shock jock's racy show.

"Howard Stern does have the right to say whatever he wants anywhere, but he doesn't necessarily have the right to say it on that station if the people who run the station don't want him to," Kerry said while campaigning in New York, where Stern's show is broadcast.

A questioner at the town hall meeting in Brooklyn asked Kerry to stand up for Stern's right to say what he wants because the Republican-led government is repressing his right to free speech.

Kerry said he disagrees that Stern faces repression.

"If you are working for somebody and they have a set of rules, that's the deal," Kerry said. "And it doesn't mean he can't go out and say it somewhere if somebody else wants to have him say that."

Clear Channel Communications this week yanked Stern off stations in San Diego, Pittsburgh, Rochester, N.Y., Louisville, Ky., and Fort Lauderdale and Orlando, Fla. Clear Channel said the suspension would last until the Stern show met its programming guidelines.

Stern's nationally syndicated show appears on more than 40 stations across North America and draws millions of listeners.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I guess I wont...

Comment

• steve
                            Sniper
                            • Feb 2004

the Kerry quote was dated Feb. 29th.
                            Frankly, I was not concerned about Clear Channel's decision - because regardless of their reasons, Clear Channel is a private company. Perhaps they support Bush. Perhaps they are the FOX News of radio. In such a case, I can listen to their broadcasts and decide for mysellf whether I like them or not and turn the channel - just like I do every single time O'Reiley comes on the air.

But what Kerry has not commented on is what has happened in the past week and a half since Clear Channel made their decision - that of the FCC's proposal to raise individual fines from 12,000 per offense (fines that target companies) to 500,000 PER OFFENSE (with the fines targeting individuals).
                            The raising of the fines gives the FCC WAY TOO MUCH POWER to shut people up that [whoever happens to be the chair ] doesn't like.

I will be very interested in how Mr. Kerry votes on the legislation on this particular issue. For as much as I like his ideas in many other respects, in may turn me towards Nader - at least in theory.

It sems to me Kerry's logic with regards to giving the FCC this power would be a big "NO". Considering his logic is that individual, private companies should have the right to not boradcast someone's point of view that those particular individual companies disagree with, his view likewise would be that those private companies have the right to broadcast the points of view of individuals they beleive to be entertaining and/or reasonable.
                            Last edited by steve; 03-14-2004, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

There's no "perhaps" about it, Steve. Not only does Clear Channel support Junior, they are so closely connected with the BCE that they might as well be considered state owned media. The guys who run the company have been business partners with Junior from his days with the Texas Rangers all the way through his term as Governor of Texas. The Clear Channel media empire was built from those deals they made with George Bush Jr.

And Clear Channel's problem wasn't so much Stern's guest saying "******" as it was Stern himself saying things critical of the BCE - Florida, 9-11, Iraq, etc..

And Kerry's defense of Clear Channel, as well as his acceptance of campaign funds from News Corp (parent company of FAUX News) is very disturbing indeed.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• steve
                                Sniper
                                • Feb 2004

We'll see what happens when the vote regarding granting the FCC the power of the "Ministry of Truth" goes down.

However, with regards to Clear Channel and FOX News - there is no doubt that their personalities' opinions lean Republican all the way. However, I'll go with Voltaire in saying that although I disagree with just about all of their pundits opinions, I will defend to the death their right to say it.

With regards to Clear Channel being a "state run media" - I beleive that is a valid issue, yes. However, it is an issue of corruption and one within the bounds of Campaign Finance Reform. The problem does not lie in Clear Channel and Fox (FAUX, as you say) News' opinions, but rather in their purported financial dealings with politicians.

Everyone should be concerned about giving the FCC so much power, though - because it is an issue outside the bounds of Republican and Democratic political ideaologies. It is an issue of granting a federal agency that is not a court of law the power to relegate speech.

Comment

Working...