X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Betty Bush III
    Groupie
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Actually, if we really want a model of education that works better, we should ask Kentuckyklira on his thoughts of German educational system, in which students are matched to there interests/skill levels rather than thrown arbitrarily into a homogenized grouping (inclusion/no more "tracking") in which special education students either are just "passed," or prevent teachers from challenging the best and brightest.

What about freedom of choice? Doesn't it make more sense to improve foundation education in the arts and sciences in order that a student can figure out themselves what they are good at. People generally gravitate toward their strengths, not their weaknesses. Presonal choice ought to be paramount, not an agency matching you to a career path. I don't want some idiot telling me what I should be doing. I would rather fail or succeed on my own choice of career. Kids need better education and more discipline in the classroom.

Matching students is dangerous and oppressive. I have close relations with many people who come from communist backgrounds who have been assigned to fields of studies based on testing. It's not appropriate in this day and age in a free nation to have that kind of reach into someone's life. We're run a different show here for good or ill.

PEACE, the children are our future, teach them well..and let them lead the way... as good conservative libertarians we hope.

Comment

• mwsully
      Groupie
      • May 2004

When a company's #1 focus is profit, everything else is on the sacrificial table. WHy local businesses are so valued is not only because of the better service, but also because the owners DO actually CARE about their employees. In large corporations, community is not a familiar term to them. Speaking of Henry Ford, I think I read around here that he paid his employees quite well, where the ratio of his salary to theirs was much smaller than it is now with present-day CEOs and their employees.

To say that CEOs create jobs and money for people is laughable. CEOs create money for CEOs and his circle of friends. Altruism is also not a word they know. For if it was, a larger chunk of their own personal profits would be used to enhance the work environment or the well-being of the employees.

So you think that a decision maker deserves that much more over the person who actually produced the product?

Comment

• mwsully
        Groupie
        • May 2004

Oops, forgot a few things:

If you are wealthy, you have the cash to pay someone to get you out of a sticky or costly situation. Taxes are not a worry for the top !% wage earners, which is really who we're talking about here. They have loopholed many years now from paying their share of taxes.

Uneducated people do have it harder to make it these days because labor jobs do not pay as much as they used to. These days you have to be educated. Shoot, my grandfather worked in maintenance at an oil refinery and salary supported a wife and two kids, with a house and a car. Try doing that working at WalMart.

There's a reason why the bottom 50% pay little taxes. They don't have the money!

Comment

• 4moreyears
          Commando
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by mwsully
          Oops, forgot a few things:

If you are wealthy, you have the cash to pay someone to get you out of a sticky or costly situation. Taxes are not a worry for the top !% wage earners, which is really who we're talking about here. They have loopholed many years now from paying their share of taxes.

That may be true. But that still accounts for more dollars than the average person pays. Why is it right to penalize those who are successful by making them pay more than others. Business owners are the ones who take the largest risks to start businesses that create jobs. Take away the tax benefits and you cut the incentive of starting a business.

JH

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by 4moreyears
            That may be true. But that still accounts for more dollars than the average person pays. Why is it right to penalize those who are successful by making them pay more than others. Business owners are the ones who take the largest risks to start businesses that create jobs. Take away the tax benefits and you cut the incentive of starting a business.

JH
            The successful tend to have inherited it, not earned it for themselves! Thanks for recycling the myth that small business owners will pay less taxes or are in the top tax brackets. You're right, the Paris Hitons of the world should get tax breaks in order to afford more of their whore-trinkets.

Comment

• 4moreyears
              Commando
              • Oct 2004

The successful tend to have inherited it, not earned it for themselves! Thanks for recycling the myth that small business owners will pay less taxes or are in the top tax brackets. You're right, the Paris Hitons of the world should get tax breaks in order to afford more of their whore-trinkets.
              I was npot referring to Paris Hilton, but even so why should she or any other person be taxed more to take care of those who do not take care of themselves?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I was npot referring to Paris Hilton, but even so why should she or any other person be taxed more to take care of those who do not take care of themselves?
                She should pay her fucking fair share for the security and liberty she enjoys that others do not!

Watch crime rates skyrocket as America becomes poorer and the middle class is further dissolved. The "rich" never seem to mind paying more for security, but for some reason, (SOME) in the upper classes cannot fathom that poverty breeds crime and social anarchy, not "unfair tax rates."

Actually, there should be a very severe death tax so large inheritance is virtually done away with. That way we could truly achieve a society based on merit and not inherit! And the free market would explode with genius and innovation.

It's not really a choice at all, they'll pay in one form or another...

Comment

• 4moreyears
                  Commando
                  • Oct 2004

She should pay her fucking fair share for the security and liberty she enjoys that others do not!

Watch crime rates skyrocket as America becomes poorer and the middle class is further dissolved. The "rich" never seem to mind paying more for security, but for some reason, (SOME) in the upper classes cannot fathom that poverty breeds crime and social anarchy, not "unfair tax rates."

Actually, there should be a very severe death tax so large inheritance is virtually done away with. That way we could truly achieve a society based on merit and not inherit! And the free market would explode with genius and innovation.

It's not really a choice at all, they'll pay in one form or another...
                  If I work my ass off and become wealthy in the process why should my wealth be redistributed to everyone? Why should I not be able to leave it for those I choose?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

If I work my ass off and become wealthy in the process why should my wealth be redistributed to everyone? Why should I not be able to leave it for those I choose?
                    It's no longer about you when you die.

Why should your stupid, unproductive, and lazy rich kid leech off your bank account?

Don't we hate lazy, nonworking people when they're, oh say, ON WELFARE?!
                    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 05-03-2005, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• 4moreyears
                      Commando
                      • Oct 2004

It's no longer about you when you die.

Why should your stupid, unproductive, and lazy rich kid leech off your bank account?

Don't we hate lazy, nonworking people when they're, oh say, ON WELFARE?!
                      Because it is mine. I should be able to give my stuff to who ever I want to give it to. If the Gov't starts giving my stuff away or taking it after I die that would be somewhat like communism. If I choose to give it to my lazy kids that should be my choice. Not the ACLU's or other liberal activism groups.

JH

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Because it is mine. I should be able to give my stuff to who ever I want to give it to. If the Gov't starts giving my stuff away or taking it after I die that would be somewhat like communism. If I choose to give it to my lazy kids that should be my choice. Not the ACLU's or other liberal activism groups.

JH
                        Since when does the ACLU have any involvement in issues like this?
                        Well then it's not really about earning your way too the American dream either, is it?

Sort of punches a hole in that "American Dream" argument a bit, eh?

Comment

Working...