U.S. is disliked around the world because .......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBadBrian
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by WACF

The Soviets defeated the Germans....we North American's just helped put the last few nails in the coffin.
    I've done quite a bit of reading on WWII, particularly on the Eastern Front. This is probably one of the greatest misconceptions. The Red Army was by no means indestructable or unbeatable. The Germans could have won the war in the East had Hitler let his Field Marshals and Generals plan the battles, not himself.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Warham
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      That ROGAN board must be a laugh-a-minute riot!
      Jester's biggest accomplishment in life is owning that board.

Comment

• WACF
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
        I've done quite a bit of reading on WWII, particularly on the Eastern Front. This is probably one of the greatest misconceptions. The Red Army was by no means indestructable or unbeatable. The Germans could have won the war in the East had Hitler let his Field Marshals and Generals plan the battles, not himself.

You are right...maybe I should of said that Hitler beat the German's.

I used to read alot about WW2 and have forgotten much of it.

What did Hilter do again?
        Was it push South into the Ukraine leaving Moscow to reinforce...thus leaving the push back to Moscow into the fall rain and then winter?

I know Germany having to fight two fronts helped end the war after '44.

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Ok possibly but that doesn't change the argument about whether the Russians or the US won the war.

In fact it's kind of encouraging to me because Hitler ended up being weak because he was an evil tyrant so everyone was too scared to give him good advice so he lost.

Maybe the human species will survive if evil is inherently weak.

Your previous post about the US motives for joining the war not being for altruistic reasons is correct despite attempts by Americans to rewrite history.

The US government didn't say 'There's an evil dictator who is slaughtering millions lets go in and save Europe".

Germany declared war on the US as an ally of Japan plus it was in the US economic interest to have trading partners in Europe.

So as far as this thread is concerned the WWII thing doesn't work that well as a plus point in world opinion about the US.

Unlike the Simpsons and Van Halen.

Checkmate.

Cheers!

Comment

• scorpioboy33
            Commando
            • Jul 2004

This cracks me up every time a Canuck, Brit, or German or somebody else brings it up, especially in light of the recent accusations of "rushing to war."

Why in the sam hell we have gone to war sooner? Huh? Answer that. Hitler posed no threat to the US. Hell, if he hadn't declared war on the US after Pearl Harbor, there is a very good chance we we wouldn't have entered the European theater until he DID pose a threat to us or attack us.

Guess what, Canuck?

You would have gotten your ass beat.

kentuckyklira's ancestors would have been goose-stepping all over your grandpa's ass, the Russians be damned.

so we went to war to help out others in need whereas America went to war only to save themselves...(how fucking noble)

Comment

Working...