X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thome
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BenJammin
    Don't know about who the Dems will run in '08, but the arrogance of the current administration and the way the GOP swings their mighty sword of dominance will be their ultimate downfall (and it could haunt them for awhile).

Except for the most diehard right wingers, I believe that most sensible people don't like to see the country swing too far left or right.

Everything needs balance or else it spins out of control. Anyone feel a tailspin coming on?

Yin and Yang baby!
    Being mellow is cool but every now then you have jump up and smack
    the smirk off the face of the thing thats stepping on your human
    rights or the worlds Ei:any dictator/butcher /ect

Comment

• BenJammin
      Foot Soldier
      • Feb 2004

It's not about just being mellow, and I do support the kick-ass mentality in moderation, but this administration is paranoid, greedy, and out of control.

Note: Greedy is a term used by someone to describe others when he is not getting his share.

Yeah, the administration is making untold fortunes for people who are 'connected', but alas I have never been so, probably never will be, so I criticize. If I was in the middle of the cash flow, with pockets in the open position, I would be extoling the virtues of Bush from the tallest mountain.
      "Money can't buy poverty." -Marty Feldman

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Biden, closer to running, blasts Bush
        Aug 29, 2005, 0:00 GMT

WASHINGTON, DC, United States (UPI) -- Borrowing a phrase from former Secretary of State Colin Powell, U.S. Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., offered his take Sunday on fixing the "broken pottery" in Iraq.

In an appearance on ABC`s "This Week with George Stephanopoulos" -- during which Biden said he was "closer" to declaring his candidacy for president -- he again called for the firing of Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld as the first step in fixing the "pottery." Biden sharply criticized President Bush for not considering alternative plans in Iraq.

Addressing the president directly, Biden said: "The way to fix it is, first, get rid of Rumsfeld, so that the rest of the world will have some confidence and be willing to join us in any way politically or economically. Secondly, lay out specific terms, as to how many Iraqis you have train, when you are training them ... and when you expect to be able to draw down American forces."
        Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I saw that show and Biden looked like not only an idiot, but a full blown corporatist PNAC idiot.

"The number one goal in Iraq is protecting US interests"

fuck you Joe
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• BigBadBrian
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
            Biden, closer to running, blasts Bush
            Aug 29, 2005, 0:00 GMT

WASHINGTON, DC, United States (UPI) -- Borrowing a phrase from former Secretary of State Colin Powell, U.S. Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., offered his take Sunday on fixing the "broken pottery" in Iraq.

In an appearance on ABC`s "This Week with George Stephanopoulos" -- during which Biden said he was "closer" to declaring his candidacy for president -- he again called for the firing of Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld as the first step in fixing the "pottery." Biden sharply criticized President Bush for not considering alternative plans in Iraq.

Addressing the president directly, Biden said: "The way to fix it is, first, get rid of Rumsfeld, so that the rest of the world will have some confidence and be willing to join us in any way politically or economically. Secondly, lay out specific terms, as to how many Iraqis you have train, when you are training them ... and when you expect to be able to draw down American forces."
            OK, first of all, I support firing Rumsfeld's ass...mucho pronto.

Second...I think it would be quite interesting to have Biden declare this early in the race.

It would have someone for Warham and I to insult and it would also lead, I feel, to other candidates declaring as well. Seriously, I probably wouldn't even insult the guy. I'm going to give him as much consideration for 2008 as everyone else.....except Hillary.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• jacksmar
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Joseph Biden's Plagiarism; Michael Dukakis's 'Attack Video' – 1988

Feeding Frenzy Democratic presidential candidate Joseph R. Biden Jr., a U.S. senator from Delaware, was driven from the nomination battle after delivering, without attribution, passages from a speech by British Labor party leader Neil Kinnock. A barrage of subsidiary revelations by the press also contributed to Biden's withdrawal: a serious plagiarism incident involving Biden during his law school years; the senator's boastful exaggerations of his academic record at a New Hampshire campaign event; and the discovery of other quotations in Biden's speeches pilfered from past Democratic politicians.

The controversy became two frenzies in one when it was disclosed that the campaign of Massachusetts Gov. Michael S. Dukakis had earlier secretly distributed to several news media outlets an "attack video" juxtaposing the Biden and Kinnock speeches and revealing Biden's word theft. The Dukakis campaign at first stonewalled and denied any part in the tape's distribution, but when the truth emerged Dukakis was forced to fire his campaign manager, John Sasso, and political director, Paul Tully – the two who had orchestrated the maneuver. Dukakis himself insisted he had no prior knowledge of their actions, and though wounded, his candidacy survived the incident.

Biden is a real asshole.
              A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

The fault for that likely lies with Biden's speechwriters, not Biden himself. In any event, it's almost 20 years ago.

Biden would be a strong candidate IMO.
                ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Interesting.... I wonder if Biden was in on the sabotage of Gary Hart as well.

From Biden's pathetic ramblings yesterday on ABC, it's obvious he still hates Gary Hart almost 20 years later.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• jacksmar
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Senator Biden's Tale

Plagiarism charges are a staple of entertainment news, of literary litigation, and of academic scandal. The issue of plagiarism seemed to hit a modern high point, however, with Senator Joseph Biden's rather free use of language from a speech by British politician Neil Kinnock. Biden began a speech in Iowa by saying

I was thinking as I was coming over here, why is it that Joe Biden is the first in his family ever to go to a university? Why is it that my wife who is sitting out there in the audience is the first in her family to ever go to college? Is it because our fathers and mothers were not bright? Is it because I'm the first Biden in a thousand generations to get a college and a graduate degree that I was smarter than the rest? .... Those same people who read poetry and wrote poetry and taught me to sing verse? Is it that they didn't work very hard, my ancestors who worked in the coal mines of Northeast Pennsylvania and would come up after 12 hours and play football for four hours?

These lines were very close to those of British Labor Party politician Neil Kinnock, who had said:

Why am I the first Kinnock in a thousand generations to be able to get to University? Why is Glenys [Kinnock's wife] the first woman in her family in a thousand generations to get to university? Was it because all our predecessors were thick?. . . Those people who could sing and play and recite and write poetry? Those people who could make wonderful, beautiful things with their hands? Those people who could dream dreams, see visions? Why didn't they get it? Was it because they were weak? Those people who could work eight hours underground and then come up and play football?

Although Biden at first said that he saw nothing wrong with his use of Kinnock's phrases, the scandal forced him to withdraw from the 1988 Presidential race shortly thereafter.

Biden is part of the problem in the US. Maybe a Biden/Durbin ticket.
                    A NATION OF COWARDS - Jeffrey R. Snyder

Comment

• bueno bob
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

I would be very, very happy to cast my vote for a Warham/Ford ticket
                      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                        I would be very, very happy to cast my vote for a Warham/Ford ticket
                        That would have to be a FORD/Warham ticket. I gotta be the Prez, so we can shit can all this neocon corporatist bullshit.

Once that's done, we can negotiate the rest of the platform.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

FORD / Lounge [D] VS BBB / Warham [R] VS Nick / Shark [I]

Now THAT'S a race.

I'd be the pitbull out there slinging the mud while FORD took the high road.

Biden would make a great Sec. of State.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                            FORD / Lounge [D] VS BBB / Warham [R] VS Nick / Shark [I]

Now THAT'S a race.

Nick and I would win that one easily. LOL
                            ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                            Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                              Nah, I see you guys siphoning off just enough votes from the Right to let us slide in WITHOUT help from the Supreme Court.

Sure would LOVE to watch the debates, though.

[me to warham] " Sir, I posted with Cathedral, and you, sir, are no Catherdral"

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                                Nope. The right wing media whores would brand you as the "evil trial lawyer" faster than you can say "John Edwards".

Then you would see "Pasture Dump Moderators For Truth" ads all over TV featuring Chelle and Vince "Hamburger Head"
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...