Will the U.S. have to give serious consideration to a draft in the next two years?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Redballjets88
    yeah bush was in an armed service. how am i an idiot? for liking a president with some morals instead of one that has sex on the job, or a psycho like dean that is so liberal that tanks could come rolling into D.C. and he wouldnt do anything
    You mean like "fixing" the intelligence around starting wars? Or outing CIA agents in revenge, possibly threatening their lives? Or how about the slandering of a good man's war record, a real stud that actually served in VIETNAM and insinuating that he fathered a black child when he in fact adopted an orphan.

How moral...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 06-23-2005, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Redballjets88
      yeah bush was in an armed service. how am i an idiot? for liking a president with some morals
      Morals???

Exactly how "moral" is a drunk driving coke addict who left this country wide open to a terrorist attack (courtesy of his father's "former" employee) and then used that attack as an excuse to launch a PRE-PLANNED war against a nation which was never a threat to the United States.

How moral is it to get 1,700 Americans killed, most of whom are only a year or two older than your idiotic self?

How moral is it to leave 40,000 more 18-19 year old Americans seriously wounded, many of them losing limbs, and for WHAT??

How moral is it to slaughter over 100,000 Iraqi civilians whose only "crime" was being born on the wrong side of the planet?

How moral is THIS??

I think SATAN could claim moral superiority over George Bush Jr at this point.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Warham
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Bush left this country wide open to a terrorist attack? You act like he took over in 1992 from his father. Who was piloting the boat in the eight years between when Al Queda was planning that attack?

I'd like to see some proof on those 100,000 Iraqi 'civilian' casualties. Before you know it, it'll be 500,000, then 1,000,000. Whatever suits the anti-war agenda.

And if Bush is low on the moral chain, then Lyndon Johnson must be farther down after getting 55,000+ men killed during Vietnam, and probably over 100,000+ more wounded.

Comment

• academic punk
          Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

What's funny is part of me wants to seciond Shark's suggestion that people under 18 stay out of this thread...

But then I think about it, and realize the premise of this thread is more relevant to him than anybody else on here...

Comment

• academic punk
            Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by Warham
            Bush left this country wide open to a terrorist attack? You act like he took over in 1992 from his father. Who was piloting the boat in the eight years between when Al Queda was planning that attack?

Clinton was, silly.

Maybe you remember him? He was the President while nothing on the level of 9/11 ever occurred.

Comment

• blueturk
              Veteran
              • Jul 2004

At least Bush signed up for the National Guard.

Clinton ran off to England at the first sight of his draft card.
              At least Clinton admitted he dodged the draft. Bush dodged the draft with every resource available to his silver spoon fed ass, and tries to act like he didn't. Dudya signed up for the Guard knowing full well he wouldn't see any action unless he really fucked up. Oh hell that's right, he DID fuck up, but still stayed out of Nam. If Bush were in the Guard now, he'd be shitting his pants.

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

No, he was the president on duty while the little warning salvos like the '93 bombing and the Cole attack took place. Those took place to see how soft we were before 9/11 happened.

Comment

• academic punk
                  Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Warham - without googling or checking, do you even know the date of the Cole and the circumstances involved?

Comment

• Warham
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by blueturk
                    At least Clinton admitted he dodged the draft. Bush dodged the draft with every resource available to his silver spoon fed ass, and tries to act like he didn't. Dudya signed up for the Guard knowing full well he wouldn't see any actionunless he really fucked up. Oh hell that's right, he DID fuck up, but still stayed out of Nam. If Bush were in the Guard now, he'd be shitting his pants.
                    So admitting you dodged the draft is actually better than going in and flying a plane around Alabama for two years?

Do tell.

Comment

• academic punk
                      Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

So admitting you dodged the draft is actually better than going in and flying a plane around Alabama for two years?

Do tell.

The problem is that Bush might have been flying, but it sure wasn't in a plane...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Well, to get back on topic....

I believe that actually the only service that did NOT meet it's recruiting goals is/was the Army...

Yes, the Marines did meet their goals...

And, not surprisingly, the Navy and Air Force are easily meeting their goals....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• blueturk
                          Veteran
                          • Jul 2004

Do tell.
                          How much did the military spend on Clinton going to England? Not as much as they spent teaching Bush how to fly...over Alabama. Pretty fucking heroic. Hell, I don't even care anything about Clinton (living in a state that's been shelled by NAFTA), but Bush is a chickenhawk, plain and simple.
                          Last edited by blueturk; 06-23-2005, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• thome
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Mar 2005

Why dont your loverly fish wrapps Report on all the dead civilian
                            iraqis Murdered By their own Bombing nutbag bretheren..you know!! cuz you dont CARE ABOUT they'er LIVES ....its not news to you

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by thome
                              Why dont your loverly fish wrapps Report on all the dead civilian
                              iraqis Murdered By their own Bombing nutbag bretheren..you know!! cuz you dont CARE ABOUT they'er LIVES ....its not news to you

Through early morning fog I see

visions of the things to be

the pains that are withheld for me

I realize and I can see...

[REFRAIN]:

that suicide is painless

It brings on many changes

and I can take or leave it if I please.

I try to find a way to make

all our little joys relate

without that ever-present hate

but now I know that it's too late, and...

[REFRAIN]

The game of life is hard to play

I'm gonna lose it anyway

The losing card I'll someday lay

so this is all I have to say.

[REFRAIN]

The only way to win is cheat

And lay it down before I'm beat

and to another give my seat

for that's the only painless feat.

[REFRAIN]

The sword of time will pierce our skins

It doesn't hurt when it begins

But as it works its way on in

The pain grows stronger...watch it grin, but...

[REFRAIN]

A brave man once requested me

to answer questions that are key

is it to be or not to be

and I replied 'oh why ask me?'

[REFRAIN]

'Cause suicide is painless

it brings on many changes

and I can take or leave it if I please.

...and you can do the same thing if you please.

This message brought to you by the " Please Die thome" coalition, Lounge Machine, Chairman
                              Originally posted by Kristy
                              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                              Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Warham
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

You should post some of your lyrics in here, Lounge.

Comment

Working...