Will the U.S. have to give serious consideration to a draft in the next two years?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • academic punk
    Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by Warham
    I said he was drafted and is 100% disabled.

He never said it wasn't worth it. Not in my recollections anyway, and I've asked him alot of questions in the last twenty five years.

I stand corrected. The point is, both w and clinton were young men, and youth is there to make mistakes. Have both learned from thier mistakes? absolutely. and they both have become exemplary men over the years.

Will todays young americans have that same chance? did your father? Well, yes, obviously your father is a great man, but opportunities that could have been his had the government not called him up to serve...his life changed into something different from his experience.

If you were drafted (theoretically), would your father encourage you to go or would he support you - urge you - to not?

Comment

• thome
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Mar 2005

there is no good in war type responses to situations its the oppresion
      or insanity that leads up to it thats wrong war is a response to
      a unreasonable situation it will happen it always has happened and
      always will right or wrong it will always be there And call me a war
      monger......... It is a nessecity of life very absurd yet real nessecity
      the draft is a tool not the problem

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by thome
        there is no good when I type responses to situations its the oppresion
        or insanity that leads up to what I post.

And call me a whore
        It is a nessecity of life very absurd yet real nessecity
        I am a tool and a problem
        Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by academic punk
          I stand corrected. The point is, both w and clinton were young men, and youth is there to make mistakes. Have both learned from thier mistakes? absolutely. and they both have become exemplary men over the years.

Will todays young americans have that same chance? did your father? Well, yes, obviously your father is a great man, but opportunities that could have been his had the government not called him up to serve...his life changed into something different from his experience.

If you were drafted (theoretically), would your father encourage you to go or would he support you - urge you - to not?
          If I were drafted, I would suspect my father would think more highly of me if I went and served my country with honor. And I would do that, not only because my father did the same back in the late 60's, but because I would do it for my country. I would follow his lead, so to speak.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

We all cut and paste to help provide our viewpoints.

My point is, Slick Willy isn't any better than Dubya.
            You're just rehashing old SPAM at this point. We all realize the past two Presidents avoided service in VIETNAM. Let's move on to the one in office.

Comment

• Warham
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

I'd like to move on to Durbin now.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

I'd like to move on to Durbin now.
                Or DeLay

Or Cheney

Or Rove

Or Rummy

Or Frist

Or Santorum

Take yer pick

Comment

• Warham
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Tom DeLay is old news.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Tom DeLay is old news.
                    That is fucking PRICELESS coming from the guy who brings up Clinton in every thread

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Clinton's been hanging out with Poppy Bush. He's current.

Comment

• kentuckyklira
                        Veteran
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Redballjets88
                        yeah bush was in an armed service. how am i an idiot?
                        And what e hero he appears to have been there!
                        Originally posted by Redballjets88
                        for liking a president with some morals
                        What morals? Just because he folds his fucking hands once or twice a day doesn´t mean he has any morals![QUOTE]Originally posted by Redballjets88
                        [B] instead of one that has sex on the job[QUOTE]Still jealous of that one? Wait till you´ve got your first blow job before you talk about things you don´t know a thing about!

BTW, you sound like a nerd or from a religious geek family with daddy´s beltmarks all over your ass for every time you said something like "god damn"!

I´d rather be governed by a guy who lied about a blow job than by a guy who starts war on false pretexts or "faulty intelligence" any time!
                        http://images.zeit.de/gesellschaft/z...ie-540x304.jpg

Comment

• ODShowtime
                          ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by kentuckyklira
                          BTW, you sound like a nerd or from a religious geek family with daddy´s beltmarks all over your ass for every time you said something like "god damn"!

I´d rather be governed by a guy who lied about a blow job than by a guy who starts war on false pretexts or "faulty intelligence" any time!
                          I have to agree with our hun friend here
                          gnaw on it

Comment

• academic punk
                            Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Tom DeLay is old news.

ya think?

Yes...so nice to see the kind of "murls" you believe in displayed so well...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Clinton's been hanging out with Poppy Bush. He's current.

That post is worthy of "5 rolls"

Jesus H. Christ

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jul 2004

AP
                                After failing to meet recruiting goals, the Pentagon is working with a private firm to create a database on high school students.

The database includes names, dates of birth, genders, addresses, Social Security numbers, e-mail addresses, ethnicity, telephone numbers, and even grade point averages.

The purpose, according to a Defense Department statement, is "to assist" in "direct marketing recruiting efforts."

Privacy Advocates Concerned

But privacy advocates say it violates a federal law that restricts the government's ability to gather personal information. They say they understand the military's need to recruit but this type of information-gathering goes too far.

"It's very secretive," said Marc Rotenberg, executive director of the Electronic Privacy Information Center. "It feels a lot like a big brother proposal, and it really should be stopped."

The Pentagon -- struggling to recruit in the face of the daily violence in Iraq -- says the database is a way to remain competitive in a marketplace where young people have a lot of choices.

Officials say they will handle the data with care.

"We always worry about privacy issues," Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld said.

A growing number of parents were already upset about the military's recruiting techniques. A little-known provision in the 2002 "No Child Left Behind" education law requires every public school to provide the military with the names, addresses and phone numbers of students.

Last month, Louise Wannier went to her daughter's high school to submit an opt-out letter, which prohibits recruiters from accessing personal information.

She learned today about the new database, which may have much more information on her daughter than she'd ever imagined.

"I thought I had protected my kid," she said. "This is a direct violation of family privacy and parental rights."

Privacy advocates and at least one congressman are now fighting to stop the gathering of information for the database.

ABC News' Dan Harris filed this report for "World News Tonight."

Comment

Working...