Why Was There No Applause From Troops During Bush's Speech?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keeyth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mezro
    Well, this is a country that is predominantly white trash and you can't ask for a better redneck messiah than George.

Mezro...no need for an Oval Office...a double wide wouid have done just fine...
    LOL!
    Knowing and believing are two very different things.

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.

Comment

• Mezro
      Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
      Fag.

Shit...must have forget to tuck the gerbil tail back in.

Mezro...you, you gaf:p...
      Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

People are deluded with fear. Their ignorance comes from being fed shit sandwitch press releases, and not fucking reading enough. They used to cry against irrational fear (FDR), now those behind the curtain fear the lack of fear to keep the plebians in line. I wonder if this were nearly July of 06' instead of 05', we'd be having a nice "terra-alert" for the Fourth this weekend? I really believe we would!

Comment

• ODShowtime
          ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Gw's low approval rating and the country's war weariness makes me edgy. I don't want any more gw&friends' "attitude adjustments."
          gnaw on it

Comment

• Keeyth
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Apr 2004

Um, I think your Rothism should read:
            "It's all over but the shouting... ...I've come to take what's mine.

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.

Comment

• ODShowtime
              ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by Keeyth
              Um, I think your Rothism should read:
              "It's all over but the shouting... ...I've come to take what's mine.
              hmm I'll take a look. I never read the lyrics anywhere. I was just listening to mean streets a couple days after the election and it stood out.
              gnaw on it

Comment

• Keeyth
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                Gw's low approval rating and the country's war weariness makes me edgy. I don't want any more gw&friends' "attitude adjustments."
                You are absolutely right. This crazy f**king redneck has dropped so low in the polls he would just LOOOOVE a chance to smack us again and say "You see? The terrorists must be fought longer!"

And redneck America is too stupid to see that the real terrorist resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Comment

• ODShowtime
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

You are absolutely right. This crazy f**king redneck has dropped so low in the polls he would just LOOOOVE a chance to smack us again and say "You see? The terrorists must be fought longer!"

And redneck America is too stupid to see that the real terrorist resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
                  I am a sensible person, and I really, really don't trust the sonofabitch. I don't believe a word he says.
                  gnaw on it

Comment

• Mezro
                    Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    I wonder if this were nearly July of 06' instead of 05', we'd be having a nice "terra-alert" for the Fourth this weekend?
                    Don't forget that classic piece of terror inducing propaganda: the Bin Laden message right before the election.

Mezro...Pavlovian to the core...pathetic to the core...
                    Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Keeyth
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                      I am a sensible person, and I really, really don't trust the sonofabitch. I don't believe a word he says.
                      That's what makes you a sensible person.

Comment

• seenbad
                        Commando
                        • Jan 2004

Per the topic-

Have any of you guys ever been in the military? If there was no applause, it was because it was discussed beforehand not to. As mentioned before, it was not a rally. This is how the military works. Each of the 700 in attendance were briefed on expected conduct prior to the speach.
                        sheepa lotta peepa dahba looka fo uh moopy

Comment

• Keeyth
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Apr 2004

Don't forget that classic piece of terror inducing propaganda: the Bin Laden message right before the election.

Ooohh, that one REALLY pissed me off. I was telling everyone I knew, you KNOW this was planned... ...don't even get me started!

By the way Mez... ...how are ya? Good to see you again.

Comment

• Keeyth
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by seenbad
                            Per the topic-

Have any of you guys ever been in the military? If there was no applause, it was because it was discussed beforehand not to. As mentioned before, it was not a rally. This is how the military works. Each of the 700 in attendance were briefed on expected conduct prior to the speach.
                            Well, it's either that, or that they didn't like what he had to say... ...or maybe BOTH!

Take your pick.

I've heard the troops applaud before this speech when they were for something the Prez was saying. Just face it, GW is going down.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

"Napoleon stopped and snuffed the ground of Snowball's footsteps, which, he said, he could detect by smell...and found traces of SNOWBALL almost everywhere. He would put his snout to the ground, give several deep sniffs, and exclaim in a terrible voice, 'SNOWBALL! He has been here! I can smell him distinctly!' And at the word 'Snowball' all of the dogs let out a blood curdling growls and showed their side teeth."

--George ORWELL ANIMAL FARM

Comment

• seenbad
                                Commando
                                • Jan 2004

Just face it, GW is going down.
                                Sure, at the end of his term. So what? :confused:
                                sheepa lotta peepa dahba looka fo uh moopy

Comment

Working...