US Radiation In Iraq Equals 25,000 Nagasaki Bombs...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hideyoursheep
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
    6541 Aviation Ordnance Systems Technician

I've assembled General Purpose, Laser guided, JDAM and Inert Practice bombs. As well as a 2.75" & 5" rockets, inspect 20mm & 25mm ammo, load illunimation flares, load decoy flares & chaff.
    You put it together and loaded it onto the aircraft?
    Last edited by hideyoursheep; 07-12-2009, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      There is no conclusive proof as to what causes Gulf War Syndrome. And soldiers that have never been around depleted uranium rounds have suffered from it...
      All the signs point toward pesticides and/or NBC weapons that could have contaminated the sand that was all over every fuckin' thing...some of it could have even made it back stateside. Some think it might be an antidote to NBC attacks...I can't remember what it was, but it wasn't antropine...in any case, it shouldn't EVER be used unless you've been showing symptoms.

The NBC detection gear at the time was pretty touchy, and the morning dew could set it off.(exaggeration) If anyone jumped the gun and used it [antidote] when they shouldn't, it could very well give you the same symptoms of being hit with nerve agent.

DU rounds will turn you into a burning wet spot. It's brutal what it leaves behind. I'd say IF DU rounds are the root cause of GWS, that the entire 2nd ACR would be dead or dying of radiation poisoning by now from second hand exposure, as would anybody who cleaned up after a firefight-and that isn't the case.
      Last edited by hideyoursheep; 07-12-2009, 11:22 PM. Reason: I can't spell for SHIT!!

Comment

• BITEYOASS
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
        You put it together and loaded it onto the aircraft?
        At the MALS level we put it together or just inspect it if no assembly is required, and transport them to the flying squadron. After that the VMA, VMFA, HMLA or HMH loads it onto the aircraft. The MOS for that is 6531 Aviation Ordnanceman.

I forgot to mention inspecting cluster bombs and sometimes having to go underneath em' to attach a modification lanyard, fun times!

Comment

• hideyoursheep
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2007

Nice..

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

Goddam.....is there so little going on in the political world now that you guys have to dig up 4-year-old threads just to have something to argue about?

I also think the 25,000 Nagasaki bomb figure sounds fucking stoopid.

But a) I did not write the article, and b) there IS DU being used over there.

Sure the article appears to be exaggerated and slanted, but that does not magically turn depleted uranium particles into harmless "Fairy Dust".

There have been hundreds of articles on the net since the early 90s about this subject.

Oh well.

When the bell rings, come out of your corners swinging!

Comment

• hideyoursheep
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2007

LMAO!

Wake it up again in another 4 years.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                Goddam.....is there so little going on in the political world now that you guys have to dig up 4-year-old threads just to have something to argue about?

I also think the 25,000 Nagasaki bomb figure sounds fucking stoopid.

But a) I did not write the article, and b) there IS DU being used over there.

Sure the article appears to be exaggerated and slanted, but that does not magically turn depleted uranium particles into harmless "Fairy Dust".

There have been hundreds of articles on the net since the early 90s about this subject.

Oh well.

When the bell rings, come out of your corners swinging!
                Your cool! I just have a problem with the author of the article. I'm sure that DU had to do with the symptoms from Gulf War Syndrome, but I doubt if it was that widespread. Afterwards training was developed on how to handle DU warheads and what not to do when there are expended DU in a battlefield area.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2007

I'm sure that DU had to do with the symptoms from Gulf War Syndrome, but I doubt if it was that widespread.
                  I don't think so. There have been so many that have come down with the sickness that were nowhere near it, as opposed to those who were and have no problems.

I think it's something else.

I just don't like BlackFag.

When is the USMC gonna allow unit patches? Those things are cool...

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

Your cool! I just have a problem with the author of the article. I'm sure that DU had to do with the symptoms from Gulf War Syndrome, but I doubt if it was that widespread. Afterwards training was developed on how to handle DU warheads and what not to do when there are expended DU in a battlefield area.
                    This is a forum for debate, and quite often I would post stuff in here for that purpose, no matter if I agreed with the article or not.

GWS is some kinda weird-ass shit. Perhaps it is not DU dust that causes it, but dust from camel shit!

Comment

• Blackflag
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2006

I get that a lot.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2007

GWS is some kinda weird-ass shit. Perhaps it is not DU dust that causes it, but dust from camel shit!

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                          I don't think so. There have been so many that have come down with the sickness that were nowhere near it, as opposed to those who were and have no problems.

I think it's something else.

I just don't like BlackFag.

When is the USMC gonna allow unit patches? Those things are cool...
                          We only wear patches with coveralls or flight suits, they don't let the ground side wear them because their out in the field all the time. The only exception is for Army personnel attached to Marine Divisions.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

This is a forum for debate, and quite often I would post stuff in here for that purpose, no matter if I agreed with the article or not.

Not to mention all of the toxic waste coming from the oil wells and pumps, which is way more widespread. But the petroleum industry is so deep in congresses back pocket, that they won't go into the health hazards resulting from it.

Remember when McCain attempted to have a press conference on an offshore oil rig to show how safe it is, only to cancel it at the last minute due to all of the dead fish floating around?

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2007

We only wear patches with coveralls or flight suits, they don't let the ground side wear them because their out in the field all the time. The only exception is for Army personnel attached to Marine Divisions.
                              I do remember some who "crossed over" to the Army...an E-6 with a 3rd Marine Division combat patch...I guess they can bring it with them where they are allowed, but not on the USMC uniforms.

Comment

• standin
                                Veteran
                                • Apr 2009

Not to mention all of the toxic waste coming from the oil wells and pumps, which is way more widespread. But the petroleum industry is so deep in congresses back pocket, that they won't go into the health hazards resulting from it.

Remember when McCain attempted to have a press conference on an offshore oil rig to show how safe it is, only to cancel it at the last minute due to all of the dead fish floating around?
                                This is the truth! I haven't even thought about that.....
                                And I can testify as a hazmat worker and manager that even in our regulated American soil that many oil companies do not give a flying fly EXCEPT when closely monitored, reported on AND penalized.
                                To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                                MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

Working...