Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The record company doesn't pay you enough to afford decent beer?
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Big Train
      Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Family party...take it up with my in-laws. I prefer a nice whiskey myself for sipping..

Comment

• academic punk
        Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
        Punk, as a side question, what do you think of Spitzer? Think he is dirty?
        I like Spitzer a great deal.

I think ANYONE who is NY's attorney general HAS to be dirty. At the least, if he isn't, he sure does have to know how to fight dirty.

Like what's going on with Arnold, for someone in his position, conflicts - or at least the appearance thereof - are inevitable. And with the name of the game for campaigning these days being money, money, money, it's even moreso.

I wish media had a pro bono obligation to provide a fixed number of ad space and time for political candidates in election seasons. Where we're at - both in terms of cost and saturation - is completely out of control.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

I thought we didn't like lasws that were sketchy and could be forced upon things it was never meant to be?

Isn't that why Arnie vetoed it?

I still don't see how writing columns equals conflict of interest. Would people be still clamoring about it if he was only listed as a freelance writer?

Almost all of the money magazines get it from advertizing sales and that money is used to pay for a lot of things, including employees. I guess that everyone who's ever worked or works at a magazine is a conflict of intrest for politics, even if they don't know the publication's advertizing history.
          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• thome
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Mar 2005

Arnold may do some good for the state of Cali but he is a ego maniac
            jus like all the Movie Stars out there .He probably sees what a hollow
            existance living off your face is and trying to convince yourself its
            ART.He will allways fall back to getting his picture taken to earn money
            time will tell if he can help Cali out of Its DREAM....

Comment

• Keeyth
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Apr 2004

He is not a very good Governor... ...and I like some of his movies, but him as Gov. is a mistake.
              Knowing and believing are two very different things.

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.

Comment

Working...