X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cathedral
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by David Lee Rocks
    conservative christian wack jobs are nuts, which is why being liberal is the only same and human way to be

Christian Whack Jobs aren't exclusive to the Conservative Party though, there are hundreds of churches in my town alone that proves that.

The problem is that people think they can interject their beliefs into all aspects of their lives and those around them.
    They think that the bible gives them a green light to throw their pom poms in the sky saying "Hooray for our side" while innocent people get caught in the crossfire.

I invite people to go with me to church all the time and have yet to be taken up on that offer, but it still stands as an open invitation to all of them.
    But beyond that, I don't push the subject.

I have one friend that is so anti-church that he has on occassion pretty much attacked me for even asking, but the offer still stands when he is ready to approach it with an open mind.

I can't save anyone's soul, but neither can those who are against faith based on ignorance, or should i say a lack of desire to study the subject for themselves.

I mean it's cool if someone tries something and learns it isn't for them. But i see an awful lot who are against it because it ain't cool to be a person of faith and because it's what all their friends do.

I didn't know i hated Praline Ice Cream until i tried it and found out for myself how nasty it was.
    Same with "Moose Tracks", it sounded like it tasted awful but it turned out to be pretty good stuff.

Think for yourself, be independant, study what you can't accept so at least you know the facts for yourself undeniably before risking ALL on a popular opinion.

Comment

• David Lee Rocks
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

I agree with everything you said, I tried christianity years ago, I went to a charismatic conservative, tongue speaking church, and they all think God talks to them, they were all crazy, but Im not bitter, lol, maybe I should try liberal christianity,

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

WWJD
        http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
        http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Jesus Christ
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

I agree with everything you said, I tried christianity years ago, I went to a charismatic conservative, tongue speaking church, and they all think God talks to them, they were all crazy, but Im not bitter, lol, maybe I should try liberal christianity,
          Just try reading My teachings, and living by them, My son. Which is something Pat Robertson does not do, unfortunately

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
          WWJD
          What I will do, when I come back to Earth, is go henceforth to Virginia Beach and do unto the CBN studios as I hath done to Solomon's temple back in the day. For he hath used My name in thievery and blasphemy far more than the moneychangers ever dreamed of.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by kentuckyklira
            Wow, would Jesus be proud of a guy like Pat Robertson!

Just another in a long list of reasons to hate and fight relgion of any kind!
            Don't you have to be careful saying that being German (I am part German) ?

Still, it seems that this is so very true - f-ing crazy shit, how people can twist words in a book to rationalize insane actions!
            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Cathedral
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

You know, you hit on a real good point there.

I too have been to churches that do things i see as just plain CRAZY, but i've tried talking to those types and they are always right, even if they are really really really wrong.

You have to walk away, and it only reminds me of how many people that truly believe they are going to heaven, are actually going to go straight to hell.

But when the day is done it doesn't matter if one guy is a Conservative or the other a Liberal person of faith. if they politicise it, then they are both off the mark.
              It used to trouble me that in order to create a perfect party I would physically have to take parts of a Liberal and a Conservative and fuse them together while discarding 85% of both before hand, lol.

What i don't like about one, I like about the other, and vice versa.

But now i understand that it was never meant to be, so we play our hands as they are dealt and wish, or pray, things will be fine tomorrow.

We have to be of this world, but we don't have be in it. doing what everyone else is doing...exactly as they do it.

The bottom line is that there is no place in politics for faith, and absolutely no place in faith for politics.
              It's the nature of the beast that makes that the reality, honestly.

To try and blend the two only results in bloodshed, death, division and the potential destruction of everything we see, touch and feel.

And since no two churches teach alike....well, you get the idea that that little knot in the rope can and most certainly will lead to a spiritual war to end all things.
              A war of Ideology, The War of the God's, Who's God will Prevail? kind of stuff.
              And if God is speaking audibly to an entire congregation, well hell, how do you trump that with a book of scripture?

A true God fearing believer of Christ would never raise a hand to fight another human being, even if that person is going to beat you to death...forgiveness is what is required of us, not vengence or hatred for the sinner since we are all sinners ourselves.

Vengence belongs to God, and i wish i had figured that out a long time ago.

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Why don't you fucking right wing lunatics get in fucking line and go over and help out if you love this fucking Regime Change Invasion in Iraq so much...

Shut the fuck up and go over already....

They clearly need your help.....but of coruse helping the troops out propably isn't worth it to you...

If you care so much about the troops and want them to stay in Iraq, then show them with your life too!!!! Go over there and stand next to them and shut the fuck up already.

I care about them and want them back now!!!! I want them all back now, so they can live their lives....and not die for your cause...they shouldn't be there, and they should be back here in the States....

Civil War in Iraq is inevitable....

Bring back the troops....

Too many have died already....

Comment

• Warham
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Valium is a good thing.

Comment

• Jerry Falwell

Originally posted by Cathedral
                    A true God fearing believer of Christ would never raise a hand to fight another human being, even if that person is going to beat you to death...forgiveness is what is required of us, not vengence or hatred for the sinner since we are all sinners ourselves.

-As a Christian I really have mixed emotions about your line here. In the old testament, there were many times that people went to war in the name of God Almighty. Christ himself, sinless mind you, went on a rampage through the temple cracking a whip and throwing everything within reach around. This aggressive behavior in any environment today would be frowned upon. But he was still a sinless human. So I am confused sometimes as to whether or not there are times that agression is the proper action.

I am a true God Fearing Christian, but I guarantee you if I come home and find some man on top of my wife raping her, he will no longer have the ability to do that to anyone else. I will make sure of that. Is defending your family, which is human nature, such a bad thing? Even Simon Peter cut off a mans ear while trying to defend Christ, and Christ didn't seem too extremely upset over the issue. Our actions won't necessarily be judged. However, our hearts are fair game when we get to the Great Throne Room on that day.

Vengence belongs to God, and i wish i had figured that out a long time ago.

-I couldn't agree with you more. I just wonder if the vengence you speak of isn't the final judgement.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I saw ROBERTSON eating crow this morning, but I think he's a little cuntfused re. CHAVEZ...He was democratically elected (twice) and survived a recall referendum, therefore he's not a "dictator." I wonder what the pseudo-Christian was saying about Chilean Dictator PINOCHET when he was making people disappear?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Warmongers only want OTHER people to die for their beliefs

Warmongers believe in a "noble cause", but can't tell you what it is.

Warmongers will call you a traitor if you want a war to end

Iraq WILL fall into a Civil War, it is inevitable.

Just how low the Warmongers will set their goals in this remains to be seen.

WMD

Programs

Democracy

Well, 0 for 3 aint bad, eh Warmongers???

It was a sefl-fulfilling prophesy

IRAQ IS NOW THE WORLD'S LEADER IN TERRORISM

Shinseki was right, wasn't he??? Where's HIS Medal of Freedom??

How many more must die for a mistake?
                        Originally posted by Kristy
                        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                        Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• NightProwler
                          Sniper
                          • Jul 2004

dumbya is NOT the USA...and only neo-facists hate Freedom of Speech.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

That's nice Ass Power Ranger

Now will you please stop sending me PMs

I'm not interested in your military "service", and am NOT going to answer any questions about my wife.

You are a troll, a stalker, and a Loser stuck in Yuma, which is the ARMPIT of the entire country.

Go hang out at the Yuma Public Library in your Iron Maiden T-Shirt, eventually some guy will come along and service your needs.

Mkayy?
                            Originally posted by Kristy
                            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                            Originally posted by cadaverdog
                            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Jerry Falwell

BTW, everyone... War is Biblical!
                              There are guidelines as to how to conduct yourself in the midst of it.
                              Also, Jesus didn't look poorly on those that served in the military. Actually, he admired them.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jerry Falwell
                                BTW, everyone... War is Biblical!
                                There are guidelines as to how to conduct yourself in the midst of it.
                                Also, Jesus didn't look poorly on those that served in the military. Actually, he admired them.
                                How ironic that your post is post #666666 on this board!

ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                                Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

Working...