Warnings On N.O. Levee System Were Repeatedly made!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HELLVIS
    Foot Soldier
    • Jul 2004

Damn DiamondD! We sent a truckload of water down friday, but it never crossed my mind that there might be ways to acually give some of my time. Thanks for the heads up.
    He throws a punch.
    He swings. I duck.
    His fat ass falls...
    Hey Sammy,you still SUCK!

Comment

• diamondD
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Great, now on the news they are reporting that the mayor is still saying the mandatory evacuation is still on and the governor is beating her chest saying that it's her call. And she wants to wait on more tests on the water before deciding that.
      Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by diamondD
        Nick, I've said this was a fuck up at all levels several times. But I don't have 4 threads laying the blame at one level. I haven't started one thread blaming anyone because I think it's a waste of time right now.

Personally, I've volunteered 2 hours a day of my time working a communication center my company set up for evacuees in my town for them to send emails or make phone calls. I've gathered up all my extra clothes and donated them. I damn sure don't spend all day on here looking for ways to blame people. No, it's not very suspicious that you want to lay all the blame at the federal level. Not with your history.

Nice spin on the "blame the victims". What the fuck ever.

Compensation, right. Explain who's posting more knee jerk bullshit. Surely not FORD and his "no media allowed in NO" thread.
        Super! I appreciate your help in all this...

But why are you choosing to call me out in "the blame game?" There's about five threads that put the blame soley on BLANCO and NAGIN, you know, the partisan op-ed articles designed to deflect blame away from the Feds that mention school buses and whatnot...

Of course, it's a little difficult to drive busses during a Cat 5 hurricane, or while waters are overflowing the levee.

And again, I'll post it all in caps: "I AM BLAMING ALL LEVELS OF GOV'T IN THIS." It's the Neo CONS that are trying to deflect all blame to the local and state, not me...

Why did you not address these comments to one of the many staters of the "it's all BLANCOs and NAGINs fault" threads? My threads are actual news articles addressing pertinent issues, such as how effective FEMA is. Again, it an American city is hit with an instantaneous disaster, it's not the N.O. city, nor the Louisiana state gov't that will react to it. And I hope to God their on the ground within the first 24-hours in the future.
        Last edited by Nickdfresh; 09-08-2005, 04:59 AM.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Again with the FEMA?

Read up.

IT's the local AND state's job to be the 1st responders!
          http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
          http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• diamondD
            Veteran
            • Jan 2004

Nick, all I had to do was read the first one and see you calling the blame on the governor and mayor delusional bullshit and part of the effort to cover up for Bush.

The second post doesn't excuse the federal government at all. It outlines the plans that are in place. It also says FEMA is at fault too.

I don't have to read any farther...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
              Again with the FEMA?

Read up.

IT's the local AND state's job to be the 1st responders!

No shit! The New Orleans Police and Fire were in the city while FEMA stood back while BROWN had his thumbs up his ass...

It's the Federal Gov'ts job to step in during a disaster of this magnitude, and this thread isn't about FEMA....

It's about the LEVEE SYSTEM which was universally acknowledged as underfunded.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Keep reading, you anti-US piece of shit!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Nick, all I had to do was read the first one and see you calling the blame on the governor and mayor delusional bullshit and part of the effort to cover up for Bush.
                  Well golly D, aren't you just Ms. Pot-meet-tea- kettle today. Again, why don't you show me your post where you put any sort of accountabilty for the Federal Gov'ts inaction? And I'll galdy dredge up some more right wing op-ed pieces... What's your point anyways?

The second post doesn't excuse the federal government at all. It outlines the plans that are in place. It also says FEMA is at fault too.

I don't have to read any farther...
                  Yeey! When should I expect you to give WARHAM, Vibe, or BBB any shit for their "it's all NAGIN and BLANCO's" fault CYA op-eds?

Apparently you're not reading any of their posts either....

Then again, I guess you're used to selectively culling things you don't like, eh ex-Pleasure Dome mod?

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    Well golly D, aren't you just Ms. Pot-meet-tea- kettle today. Again, why don't you show me your post where you put any sort of accountabilty for the Federal Gov'ts inaction? And I'll galdy dredge up some more right wing op-ed pieces... What's your point anyways?

Yeey! When should I expect you to give WARHAM, Vibe, or BBB any shit for their "it's all NAGIN and BLANCO's" fault CYA op-eds?

Apparently you're not reading any of their posts either....

Then again, I guess you're used to selectively culling things you don't like, eh ex-Pleasure Dome mod?
                    Whatever.

You must have a loose wire to go with that loose cannon of a mouth!

You don't make ANY sense.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
                      Whatever.

You must have a loose wire to go with that loose cannon of a mouth!

You don't make ANY sense.
                      Because it wasn't posted to you. Reading comprehension Vibe....really!

Comment

• diamondD
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2004

OOOO Mr Ex-Pleasure-Dome mod. You got me there Nick. Be sure to add ex-Army mod to that too when you address me as such. It means so much to me...

I've posted several times that it's partially everyone's fault. Too bad you can't comprehend anything that doesn't fall in the category of "not enough Bush bashing"

My point? There's plenty of time later to correct the mistakes. These people need as much help as possible NOW.

Go tend to your imaginary sheep...
                        Last edited by diamondD; 09-08-2005, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

I resemble that remark.
                          ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                          Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

OOOO Mr Ex-Pleasure-Dome mod. You got me there Nick. Be sure to add ex-Army mod to that too when you address me as such. It means so much to me...

I've posted several times that it's partially everyone's fault. Too bad you can't comprehend anything that doesn't fall in the category of "not enough Bush bashing"

My point? There's plenty of time later to correct the mistakes. These people need as much help as possible NOW.

Go tend to your imaginary sheep...
                            Fine, when are you going to rebuke WARHAM and BBB for starting "it's all the mayor's/governors fault" threads again hypowit?

I could give a shit what your opinion is as to who is to blame....Don't come after me with your phoney, holier-than-now shit while you continually ignore my question of why you single me out only...

Put up or shut up asshole!

Comment

• Warham
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Fine, when are you going to rebuke WARHAM and BBB for starting "it's all the mayor's/governors fault" threads again hypowit?

I could give a shit what your opinion is as to who is to blame....Don't come after me with your phoney, holier-than-now shit while you continually ignore my question of why you single me out only...

Put up or shut up asshole!
                              Hey, I've blamed FEMA for their slow response. I chalk alot of that up to red tape buearocracy bullshit.

But let's cut through the crap here. That many people should not have died if the state and city had their shit together beforehand.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Warham
                                Hey, I've blamed FEMA for their slow response. I chalk alot of that up to red tape buearocracy bullshit.

But let's cut through the crap here. That many people should not have died if the state and city had their shit together beforehand.
                                Well, I'll grant you that much.

But the preparations for this on every level were "the perfect storm" of stupidity.

Comment

Working...