X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cathedral
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    Regardless of what I think of this war, I hope it was painful for the cunt...
    Oh c'mon Nick, just jump into the water already, lol.
    You can support the war in the name of the Iraqi's without supporting this Administrations agenda.

That's what i do. I've been clear on why i support it since the beginning and if a Democrat wins in '08 they will surely clean up whatever mess Bush leaves behind.

Think about the future, and think about a free Iraq long after Bush has gone.
    He's just a means to an end that i feel should have come a long time ago.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral

Do you REALLY believe that Iraq is going to be a "democracy"??

It's obvious what direction things are going over there, and I warned of exactly this before the invasion started.

Iraq is similar to what Yugoslavia was, with three different nationalitites forced into an artificial country, created by someone else. Yugoslavia was a construction of the Soviet Union, Iraq was a construction of the British Empire, for the convenience of oil companies.

And just as the Iron Curtain kept the Serbs, Croats, Bosnians, etc at bay, so did Saddam Hussein keep the Kurds, Sunnis and Shiites in their own corners.

Brutal dictatorships, perhaps, but stable ones. And especially in the case of Iraq, a secular dictatorship that was not about to fall into the hands of Islamic extremism.

So now you can either continue to force one country, with one group in charge and the other two hating them for it, which will bring civil war.

Or you can split it into three countries. Which will strengthen Iran, who will annex the Shia territory (officially or otherwise). Meanwhile the Kurds will decide that their newly independent state needs to be a bit bigger and try to take part of Turkey. And the middle part, under the Sunnis, might just put the Baathists back in power.

When all is said and done, it will be obvious that Saddam Hussein, contained to the middle 1/3 of his own country, just might have been the least problematic option after all.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Warham
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

As long as it's stable, who cares how brutal it is, right?

Comment

• Cathedral
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          Do you REALLY believe that Iraq is going to be a "democracy"??

It's obvious what direction things are going over there, and I warned of exactly this before the invasion started.

Iraq is similar to what Yugoslavia was, with three different nationalitites forced into an artificial country, created by someone else. Yugoslavia was a construction of the Soviet Union, Iraq was a construction of the British Empire, for the convenience of oil companies.

And just as the Iron Curtain kept the Serbs, Croats, Bosnians, etc at bay, so did Saddam Hussein keep the Kurds, Sunnis and Shiites in their own corners.

Brutal dictatorships, perhaps, but stable ones. And especially in the case of Iraq, a secular dictatorship that was not about to fall into the hands of Islamic extremism.

So now you can either continue to force one country, with one group in charge and the other two hating them for it, which will bring civil war.

Or you can split it into three countries. Which will strengthen Iran, who will annex the Shia territory (officially or otherwise). Meanwhile the Kurds will decide that their newly independent state needs to be a bit bigger and try to take part of Turkey. And the middle part, under the Sunnis, might just put the Baathists back in power.

When all is said and done, it will be obvious that Saddam Hussein, contained to the middle 1/3 of his own country, just might have been the least problematic option after all.
          I remain optomistic about it.
          Ford, the number one reason the citizens of brutal dictatorships hate the US is because the US has the power to end their tyranny but rarely ever has.

Instead, the US makes deals with them, just like Osama and Hussein in the 80's. just like communist China today....you get the picture i'm sure.
          I feel as though we as a nation are somewhat responsible for the horrors so many people experience in those countries since we have the power to do something about it, but do nothing.

Unfortunately, I also feel i live in a dream world because greed will always over ride the moral good in this God foresaken world.

So, i'm optomistic that something good will come from all of this.
          When our troops speak of the good thy are doing over there, this is basically the framework of what they believe they are fighting for.

It's for these reasons that i don't like the way dissenters protest this war. The protesting is fine, it's the methods i am against.

Maybe i'm wrong, but i do believe in the Iraqi's and i hope they take the ball and score.
          And if it doesn't stick and the place falls back under tyranny, at least they had a chance.
          Bush's policy will only be relevent for 3 more years, we should be thinking beyond that where Iraq is concerned...and take our fucking country back from the Corporations in the meantime.

Tom DeLay is about to get his if we're lucky, and that's a step in the right direction.
          But there are more people that need to be held responsible for their crimes....we just need the proof to get those balls rolling too, and get them out of Washington.

Comment

• ODShowtime
            ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by Warham
            As long as it's stable, who cares how brutal it is, right?

The brutality of a regime has never influenced our decisions in the past. You shouldn't roll at eyes at someone when you don't know what you're talking about.
            gnaw on it

Comment

• BigBadBrian
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
              The brutality of a regime has never influenced our decisions in the past. You shouldn't roll at eyes at someone when you don't know what you're talking about.
              “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

hehe

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
                  Oh c'mon Nick, just jump into the water already, lol.
                  You can support the war in the name of the Iraqi's without supporting this Administrations agenda.

That's what i do. I've been clear on why i support it since the beginning and if a Democrat wins in '08 they will surely clean up whatever mess Bush leaves behind.

I dunno' CAT...I think we're taking sides in a civil war whose flames are being stoked by some al Qaeda of Iraq stooges there to take advantage of the mayhem created by the invasion. It almost seems to be an ever increasingly replay of VIETNAM, with us supporting the more spineless of the factions as we are pursuing a policy of "SHIITIZATION" of the conflict...

Comment

• ODShowtime
                    ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                    Go ahead and name me one military action we've taken with the express purpose of liberating people. At least in the last 100 years. I'll check back in a couple weeks and see how you're doing.

gnaw on it

Comment

Working...