X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueturk
    Veteran
    • Jul 2004

Tax cuts for the rich...

"Haven't we already given money to rich people? Why are we going to do it again?" —George W. Bush, to economic advisers discussing a second round of tax cuts, as quoted by Paul O'Neil, Washington, D.C., Nov. 26, 2002

Comment

• blueturk
      Veteran
      • Jul 2004

Terrorism...

"We are fully committed to working with both sides to bring the level of terror down to an acceptable level for both." —George W. Bush, after a meeting with congressional leaders, Washington, D.C., Oct. 2, 2001

Comment

• Warham
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

Here we go with the quotes again...

Wake me up later.

Comment

• thome
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Mar 2005

Your wake up call,Sir, Its Tax Party time.

Lots of Big Tax paying people also employe lots of people and those
          employees pay taxes also. So giving the Rich as they say a Tax Break.
          Will more than likely produce Incentives for them to Expand and
          hire more tax paying Employees.

I think that is one of the reasons behind tax breaks for the wealthy.

Comment

• blueturk
            Veteran
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by thome
            Your wake up call,Sir, Its Tax Party time.

Lots of Big Tax paying people also employe lots of people and those
            employees pay taxes also. So giving the Rich as they say a Tax Break.
            Will more than likely produce Incentives for them to Expand and
            hire more tax paying Employees.

I think that is one of the reasons behind tax breaks for the wealthy.
            Or maybe give them more Incentive to buy more stuff!

Comment

• thome
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by blueturk
              Or maybe give them more Incentive to buy more stuff!
              We pay taxes on our Earned Income the when we purchase with said
              income we pay taxes again .That is against our Constitutional Tax
              structure policy.That is Me paying the taxes w/ my income for the company, I an buying from, whata scam.

Comment

• blueturk
                Veteran
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Warham

Wake me up later.
                Yes, go to sleep and dream of a "president" that can complete coherent sentences without a teleprompter. Or with one, for that matter. You voted for the guy; don't you want to know what he thinks? Or if he thinks at all?

"I always jest to people, the Oval Office is the kind of place where people stand outside, they're getting ready to come in and tell me what for, and they walk in and get overwhelmed in the atmosphere, and they say, man, you're looking pretty." —George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Nov. 4, 2004
                Last edited by blueturk; 10-20-2005, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Warham
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Mar 2004

Not everybody is blessed with Ronald Reagan's gift of gab, blue.

I don't know Bush's thoughts, but actions speak louder than words, as the old saying goes. He can be a studerer at the mike stand, as long as he gets the job done. In my opinion, he's done fine the last six years. I didn't say fantastic, I didn't say Reagan-esque, I said 'fine'.

Comment

• blueturk
                    Veteran
                    • Jul 2004

I don't know Bush's thoughts, but actions speak louder than words, as the old saying goes. He can be a studerer at the mike stand, as long as he gets the job done. In my opinion, he's done fine the last six years. I didn't say fantastic, I didn't say Reagan-esque, I said 'fine'.
                    What part of the job are you talking about? The completely botched and poorly planned invasion of Iraq? Numerous favors for his corporate cronies? Record deficits?
                    The gift of gab is not the point. Bush's words (and actions) demonstrate how totally unqualified he is for "the job", and how incompetent he is at doing it.

"I don't know whether I'm going to win or not. I think I am. I do know I'm ready for the job. And, if not, that's just the way it goes." —George W. Bush, Des Moines, Iowa, Aug. 21, 2000
                    Last edited by blueturk; 10-20-2005, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Bush was qualified. He had years of service as a governor of a very large state. That's usually enough to serve as President (see Bill Clinton).

When you refer to 'corporate cronies', are you referring to the same Halliburton that Bill Clinton gave contracts to when he was in office, or are you talking about someone else?

Yep, they did not plan effectively for immediate post Saddam, but I'm not sure what you can do to stop insurgent attacks. The actual initial invasion was planned very well. That's how we were able to roll into Baghdad so easily.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Bush doesn't know his thoughts either. That's why he sounds like a dumbass

Rumor is that with Rove & Cheney sidelined, Andy Card's been changing Chimp's diapers and running the White House. I'm really surprised they haven't begged Poppy to come in for damage control.

As for Reagan, he definitely did deliver his lines well. But I don't believe for a minute that he wrote them. Just an actor reading another script. But a much more convincing performance than Junior.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Is this the same damn Larry Elder who got paid by this administration to promote the "All children left behind" act?

Comment

• Big Train
                            Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

This piece ACTUALLY spawned better responses from libs in this thread....Larry Elder is SLICK!!

Hats off libs, let's argue merits, not personal feelings. Keep it comin...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Wake me up later.
                              Why bother?

Stay asleep.

When you're awake all you do is bleat about Clinton getting a blow job instead of you....

That's the funny thing about you mindless lock-step Busheep.

YOU HATE READING HIS QUOTES.

Deep down inside it reminds you what a fucking MORON your pResident is........and you HATE admitting it.

Originally posted by Kristy
                              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                              Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                                Is this the same damn Larry Elder who got paid by this administration to promote the "All children left behind" act?
                                Actually, that was Armstrong Williams. The OTHER token Black neocon talk show guy.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...