Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

I'm going to register as an Independent from now on.

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

There have been numerous times in the past 100 years, where prominent Americans have stated publicly that the "Democratic" government of the United States is just a sham, and that the direction of events in this world is plotted by a chosen few.

Most fingers are pointed at super-wealthy industrialists, the old banking families of Europe, and others.

Organizations most commonly mentioned are the Trilateral Commission (created in 1973 by members of the Council On Foreign Relations as sort of a "public" front for the CFR), and the Bilderbergers, who meet once a year to discuss world events, and make plans for the future.

Warham is beginning to understand that the President is a figurehead, and of course, being in office a maximum of 8 years, cannot do too much to change the world.

The real power lies behind the government. In the shadows.

Most people do not realize this, and of course, there are those sheep who cannot bear the thought that the system of government they have grown up believing is real, is a facade.

And so they cling to their belief, denying that the U.S. Government could somehow not be truly running the country.

Having 2 main parties, and a smattering of smaller political parties gives us the illusion that we actually have a say in how our country is run.

To a small degree we do have a say.

But in the big picture, spanning oh say about 50-100 years into the future, we have no say at all in what is going to happen.

For those who refuse to believe this, who cry and scream that the above statements are the deranged ranting of "conspiracy theorists", I say this:

No one has ever gained wisdom by studying material that only reinforced their own predetermined ideas.

Man...there is something weird about Warham having that Chimpy icon lol!

Comment

• Cathedral
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
        I realized after reading some articles that Bush (and many other Republicans) has been fooling the Republican Christian base the last five years (and longer), and that most of those Christians follow him like the mice follow the pied piper, without questioning the true intentions of who they are following. Actions speak louder than words. I just can't believe I didn't wake up earlier.

No more!
        Good deal, Welcome to the club, bro...

Comment

• BigBadBrian
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

It doesn't matter, Warham.

I've long claimed to be an independent because that's what I am. Neither major political party fully represents my beliefs in any way, shape, or form.

I voted for McCain in the 2000 primaries and Wesley Clark in the 2004 Democratic primaries.

If you have an opinion on just one issue around here, people will stick a label on you if they don't agree with you.

You know that by now.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

OK, Brian....

Warham has formally denounced the Chimp. Will you do the same?

Get off the Short Bus, cause it's going over a cliff
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• BigBadBrian
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              OK, Brian....

You people need to wake the fuck up.

Can some of you people even remember what others have said without all the name-calling? :confused:

I've said here in this forum many times I don't approve of how the situation is evolving in Iraq and think Rumsfeld is the reason. He should be shitcanned immediately.

However.....

We've crossed the Rubicon as far as Iraq goes. There is nothing to do but try to get Iraq on its feet as a sovereign nation. Anything less will result in even more American bloodshed in the future and do nothing but dishonor those who have already died for that cause.

As for supporting the President....

I take individual issues and take my position based on that.
              There are too many issues I agree with him on and too many I disagree with him on. I won't paint myself into a corner by saying I support or denounce the man. That's using too broad of a brush for me.

This forum is still very much a partisan thing that people can't take individual issues and argue solely on the merits of the single case at hand.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Hey, I'm all for evaluation, based on individual issues. I just can't think of a single issue where Junior has been right.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                  OK, Brian....

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I realized after reading some articles that Bush (and many other Republicans) has been fooling the Republican Christian base the last five years (and longer), and that most of those Christians follow him like the mice follow the pied piper, without questioning the true intentions of who they are following. Actions speak louder than words. I just can't believe I didn't wake up earlier.

No more!
                    The author, Baldwin, doesn't specifically mention this in his article, but I'm guessing that he may have been inspired by recent revelation of a memo from Tom Delay's buddy (and fellow indicted criminal) Jack Abramoff.

Jack-off is also a close friend of former "Christian" Coalition CEO Ralph Reed, which makes it all the more disturbing to hear what Jack's partner Michael Scanlon really thinks of his party's religious conservative base...

"The wackos get their information through the Christian right, Christian radio, mail, the internet and telephone trees," Scanlon wrote in the memo, which was read into the public record at a hearing of the Senate Indian Affairs Committee. "Simply put, we want to bring out the wackos to vote against something and make sure the rest of the public lets the whole thing slip past them."
                    So there ya go. Not only are these traitorous leeches using the religious conservatives to their own ends, but all the time they're laughing at them behind their back.

And while the Scanlon memo has been out there for at least a week, I noticed the whore media hasn't touched it at all. More proof of their "liberal" bias, right?
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• The Scatologist
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2005

Too bad that there's never a Independent candidate for Presidency that has a chance of winning though.
                      Last edited by The Scatologist; 11-07-2005, 02:47 PM.
                      The name Sammy Hagar conjures up a variety of emotions from music fans--from hate to contempt, from disgust to revulsion.

-TheSmokingGun.com

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by The Scatologist
                        Too bad that there's never a Independent candidate for Presidency that has a chance of winning though.
                        Not exactly true. Ross Perot was actually the front runner in the 1992 election for a while. If he hadn't dropped out of the race and then dropped back in, it's very possible that he could have won the race.

Of course, in the years since 1992, the neocon shitbag machine has increased its hold on both parties with the corporatist nature of the parties forcing elections into a half-billion dollar industry (Bush and Kerry each spent in excess of $200 million, if you can fucking believe that)

Obviously it's hard for an independent - even a multi-millionaire - to compete with that money.

Which is why getting corporatism out of politics is mandatory.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

And unfortunately the only people with the cash to run and win are those who want the corporatism to continue.

So until we get a billionaire to run who won't give a fuck about sucking up to the Corporate Overlords, we are fucked.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Gates/Allen 2008!
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

LMFAO!!!!

If Paul Allen were to be our VP, at least we would have a rock musician at the highest levels of government!!!

Comment

• diamondD
                                Veteran
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                                You people need to wake the fuck up.

Can some of you people even remember what others have said without all the name-calling? :confused:

I've said here in this forum many times I don't approve of how the situation is evolving in Iraq and think Rumsfeld is the reason. He should be shitcanned immediately.

However.....

We've crossed the Rubicon as far as Iraq goes. There is nothing to do but try to get Iraq on its feet as a sovereign nation. Anything less will result in even more American bloodshed in the future and do nothing but dishonor those who have already died for that cause.

As for supporting the President....

I take individual issues and take my position based on that.
                                There are too many issues I agree with him on and too many I disagree with him on. I won't paint myself into a corner by saying I support or denounce the man. That's using too broad of a brush for me.

This forum is still very much a partisan thing that people can't take individual issues and argue solely on the merits of the single case at hand.

Good post BBB. I can't count how many times I have said I don't vote party lines and still get labeled. The only thing I am for sure is anti-liberal, which isn't anti-Democrat. Both parties have been highjacked by the far left and far right and all the middle can do is hold their nose and pick one every election.
                                Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

Working...