• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
    Who gave Donnie that Army?

Who didn't armor those Humvees before hand?

Oh, that's right, they were never intended for those types of missions or to be an armored personnel carrier.

The Humvee was a replacement for the Jeep, nothing more.

:confused:

Blaming Clinton?

Rummy made the quote almost 2 years after "mission accomplished"

It was HIS army by that time

Get real
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• BigBadBrian
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
      :confused:

Blaming Clinton?

Rummy made the quote almost 2 years after "mission accomplished"

It was HIS army by that time

Get real
      I guess you don't understand how long the military procurement system works. You don't order 5000 Humvees and get them next month in the Armed Forces.
      “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Guitar Shark
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
        I guess you don't understand how long the military procurement system works. You don't order 5000 Humvees and get them next month in the Armed Forces.
        You'll have to forgive the Clinton administration; they never expected a future administration to launch an unnecessary war based on false intelligence, in a fucking desert on the other side of the globe...
        ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
        Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Is that so ??

"What if Saddam Hussein fails to comply, and we fail to act, or we take some ambiguous third route which gives him yet more opportunities to develop his program of weapons of mass destruction and continue to press for the release of the sanctions and continue to ignore the solemn commitments that he made? Well, he will conclude that the international community has lost its will. He will then conclude that he can go right on and do more to rebuild an arsenal of devastating destruction."

"If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow." The stakes could not be higher. "Some day, some way, I guarantee you, he'll use the arsenal."

President Bill Clinton, February 18, 1998

Comment

• Guitar Shark
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

And for ELVIS's next trick, he will Google up a cure for cancer!
            ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
              And for ELVIS's next trick, he will Google up a cure for cancer!
              LMMFA

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

A Nanotech Cure for Cancer?

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                  Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by DR CHIP
                  You liberals piss me off....

SIDE NOTE: if you are right and this war is so unjust and it really is for nothing then I WILL be the first one to stand up to the plate and say I was wrong

Back to the rant:

When these terrorists come to your town and blow up your families, kids, friends, and neighbors - AND DON'T THINK FOR A MOMENT THAT THEY WOULDN'T LOVE TO DO IT RIGHT NOW - then may be you will understand why we are fighting over there....

All you against the war need to buy a plane ticket and go over and try to be diplomatic with these people...the fact is you will end up in an orange suit, on TV, having your head cut off by a dull swiss army knife...

Thank God we have a President that stands up for something...he isn't the best at numerous things, but on fighting terrorism he is much better than the alternative of Kerry/Edwards....
                  you just got a 5 star vote from me pal!

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    A Nanotech Cure for Cancer?

ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

The Vietnam war lasted a decade, so did the Soviet war in Afganistahn. This current war in the middle east is different than Vietnam or Korea. We were attacked on our home turf. Sept. 11 fueled a short-term "Remember Pearl Harbor" type patriotism. That lasted for a few months and then died off. The majority of Americans went back to life as usual as a minority got called to war. Unlike World War II, we aren't unified. Many don't agree with the Comander and Chief's strategy. Many think the president's supporters are profiting from the war or even started it.

Sept. 11 has made Americans distrust each other more than ever. One thing for sure, the objective is clear as mud and the only thing that will rally the public is another attack on our homeland. Things may die down around the end of this decade or the terrorists will add more fuel to the fire.

There are so many variables at play here. This could esculate into a bigger, multinational war depending on what Israel does, what the Arab states do, what the US does, and what the terrorists do. This whole mess has the three largest religions mixed up in it with the world's richest oil reserves that everyone want. The Middle East is some of the shittiest real estate in the world. Great if you like heat, bugs, and sand. It's all about who controls the oil, buys the oil, and who supports Israel. Bin Laden just started the bar fight and everyone is punching each other.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DR CHIP
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Jan 2004

Turk,

You're not actually expecting Dr. CowChip to give you an answer other than what he's learned listening to Rush while delivering our pizzas, are you

5 MORE MARINES KILLED TODAY FOR NO GOOD REASON
                        Typical response from one who no more has a desire to actually listen to anything but already held presuppositions and really has nothing to say but personal attacks....

Comment

• DR CHIP
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          The Vietnam war lasted a decade, so did the Soviet war in Afganistahn. This current war in the middle east is different than Vietnam or Korea. We were attacked on our home turf. Sept. 11 fueled a short-term "Remember Pearl Harbor" type patriotism. That lasted for a few months and then died off. The majority of Americans went back to life as usual as a minority got called to war. Unlike World War II, we aren't unified. Many don't agree with the Comander and Chief's strategy. Many think the president's supporters are profiting from the war or even started it.

Sept. 11 has made Americans distrust each other more than ever. One thing for sure, the objective is clear as mud and the only thing that will rally the public is another attack on our homeland. Things may die down around the end of this decade or the terrorists will add more fuel to the fire.

There are so many variables at play here. This could esculate into a bigger, multinational war depending on what Israel does, what the Arab states do, what the US does, and what the terrorists do. This whole mess has the three largest religions mixed up in it with the world's richest oil reserves that everyone want. The Middle East is some of the shittiest real estate in the world. Great if you like heat, bugs, and sand. It's all about who controls the oil, buys the oil, and who supports Israel. Bin Laden just started the bar fight and everyone is punching each other.
                          Nice post...too bad so many Americans can't see how clear the objective really is...

Comment

• Cathedral
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

After 3 years we are still arguing why and how the troops got there.
                            When are we going to move to the phase where we get to understanding that they ARE there and unify the country in a way that tells the enemy, "You are not going to win this war"?

Sit back and think that it could be very possible (to me it is more than a possibility) that our enemies are looking to the Democrats to secure victory.
                            I mean really, say your an insurgent, what message would you get from the Liberal position her in America?

I'd get a sense that the war can be won by forcing political breakdown from within the enemies base, the US. I'd keep fighting because half of the enemy is giving me hope that they'll break down and run.

Freedom of Speech is our greatest assest in this country, but it is being abused. I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to criticize the President, what i'm saying is that the things being said shouldn't be heard by our enemies because it does make things tougher on our troops in battle.
                            Though your intentions aren't to support or bolster the enemies resolve, that is exactly what they are taking from it, and to thank you for it they will slit your throat given the opportunity because why?

Because you're an American.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
                              After 3 years we are still arguing why and how the troops got there.
                              Brother, Cat......

That was not the intent of this thread.

It was to point out that 3 years later, 5 Brave Marines died along the Syrian border in a fire fight.

A fire fight???????????

Why?

How many more must die??

-LM

Comment

• DR CHIP
                                Foot Soldier
                                • Jan 2004

Brother, Cat......

That was not the intent of this thread.

It was to point out that 3 years later, 5 Brave Marines died along the Syrian border in a fire fight.

A fire fight???????????

Why?

How many more must die??

-LM
                                Lounge, hopefully no one here disagrees with the pain any American soldiers death brings....if this is SOLELY your point then amen to your post and I can let it lay at that...

However, it seems that the use of casualties to emotionally stir up a hatred for this war is just a mirror image of the often used argument that soldiers are being used in Iraq for political gain....

ANYTIME an American soldier is used for political gain is wrong, period....

Again, if the thread is solely a lament for soldiers then yes I agree wholeheartidly, but if used to add fuel to the anti-war rant, then you are guilty of the very thing you dispise....using a soldier...

Comment

Working...