X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
    Go and read 1441. The UN voted more than once to use force to make Saddam comply. Bush was making sure the UN would stick to its words.

http://www.un.int/usa/sres-iraq.htm
    Comply with what exactly?

HE

DIDN'T

HAVE

ANY

GODDAMNED

WMD'S
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Warham
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

That was hard to tell FORD when he was kicking weapons inspectors out repeatedly.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Warham
        That was hard to tell FORD when he was kicking weapons inspectors out repeatedly.
        Oh, gee..

Well, our bad then....

Sorry world.
        Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          Comply with what exactly?

HE

DIDN'T

HAVE

ANY

GODDAMNED

WMD'S

Fuck you with your own website dickbreath!

One still cannot tune into a discussion of Iraq without a neo-con bringing up The Gassing of His Own People as a reason to go to war. Yes, it was a terrible thing - but it happened in 1988. So why didn't the United States react then?
          http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
          http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

OK, Dean, from now on
            it's 1-word answers
            Posted: December 12, 2005
            1:00 a.m. Eastern

Editor's note: Michael Ackley's columns may include satire and parody based on current events, and thus mix fact with fiction. He assumes informed readers will be able to tell which is which.

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Howard Dean's gaffe last week impels us to make a new entry in the Blind Partisan's Dictionary:

Out of context: adjectival phrase, 1. stupid 2. really stupid.

Dean said, "The idea that we're going to win this war [in Iraq] is an idea that unfortunately is just plain wrong" [actually, he said "ideer," but this may be forgiven as a quaint regionalism].

When outrage followed – as should have been predictable – Dean called the quote "a little out of context."

The Democratic National Committee head declared, "They kind of cherry-picked that one the same way the president cherry-picked the intelligence going into Iraq ... We can only win if we change our strategy dramatically ... We want to serve our troops well. They're doing a fantastic job in Iraq."

Many a wise apothegm applies to this limp defense, perhaps the most musical being the words of poet Will Carlton:

Thoughts unexpressed may sometimes fall back dead:

But God himself can't kill them when they're said.

Dean's loose lips impelled at least one Democratic congressman to call for his resignation, and three other party faithful met with Dean behind closed doors to discuss damage control. We have obtained a surreptitious recording of a portion of the meeting, which appears to have been heated. We have substituted milder expletives for those actually employed:

Democrat No. 1: Blast it, Dean! What possessed you to say that?

Dean: The truth! You know it's Vietnam all over again.

Democrat No. 2: Sure it is, and I still wear tie-dye to work. This isn't the '60s anymore, dag nab it!

Dean (weeping): I miss those days! The movement! The marches! Nixon in the White House! We can get it back. We can! (This is followed by a sharp, slapping sound.)

Democrat No. 1: Get hold of yourself, Dean! (A soft sobbing is heard.)

Democrat No. 2: Gosh almighty! We have to do something, but we can't just fire him.

Democrat No. 3: I haven't spoken up until now, but I think I may have a solution.

Democrats 1 and 2: What? What? Tell us?

Democrat No. 3: Well we can't gag him, but I think we can limit what he says.

Dean (sniffling): OK. I'm willing to listen.

Democrat No. 3: You'll have to limit your statements to variations on the most intelligent thing you ever said.

Dean: What's that?

Democrat No. 3: Eeeeeeeeaaaagh!

Meanwhile, back in California: Actor-director Rob Reiner's Preschool for All initiative was nailed by a Reason Foundation study of just such a program in Quebec. The long and short of it: Publicly funded preschools have no measurable effect on learning, they drive private preschools out of business, and they end up costing orders of magnitude more than their advocates say.

Reiner, you may recall, wants to levy a 1.7 percent tax on Californians earning more than $400,000 a year to pay for this social engineering.

A San Francisco Chronicle commentary on the Reason Foundation study says, "The final price tag for Quebec's day-care program is 33 times what was originally projected: It was supposed to cost $230 million over five years, but now gobbles $1.7 billion every year."

Some folks want us to adopt Canada's medical care system, too.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                Can't tell which is which, eh?

Comment

• diamondD
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2004

Sounds just as truthful at that Bush/Constitution thread...
                  Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

You can't tell either.

Obviously!

Comment

• Cathedral
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

LMMFAO, the funny thing is that the funniest parts aren't parody.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

No, they're just selectively edited and taken out of context while failing to address any real issues that DEAN is addressing. The fact that this Administration has flown through the IRAQ War on the seat of its pants, at best, with no real plan.
                        Last edited by Nickdfresh; 12-13-2005, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• Cathedral
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          No, they're just selectively edited and taken out of context while failing to address any real issues that DEAN is addressing. The fact that this Administration has flown through the IRAQ War on the seat of its pants, at best, with no real plan.
                          Dean isn't adressing any issues, he offers nothing but a pep-rally designed to harp on this administration.
                          The reason for that is there aren't many lib's on the same page on any one issue besides "Get Bush", it's all the party has been about and it's still all you get from them.
                          No plans, no ideas, no unity, no nothing...Good Luck come election day, it will be yet another eye opener for the left.

The Republican Party may be F.U.B.A.R. right now, but at least when push comes to shove they/we unify on the issues and get shit done.
                          the fucking Democrats got mouth pieces shooting off different points of view every 10 minutes and not a fucking one of them has anything to offer but pissing and moaning about what is going on now.
                          By the time it sinks in that people don't care about yesterday and want to know what's going to happen tomorrow, the Dems may not have a voice left in Washington.

Soon, maybe no-one will have a voice that isn't propelled by gun powder.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Cathedral
                            Dean isn't adressing any issues, he offers nothing but a pep-rally designed to harp on this administration.
                            The reason for that is there aren't many lib's on the same page on any one issue besides "Get Bush", it's all the party has been about and it's still all you get from them.
                            No plans, no ideas, no unity, no nothing...Good Luck come election day, it will be yet another eye opener for the left.

The Republican Party may be F.U.B.A.R. right now, but at least when push comes to shove they/we unify on the issues and get shit done.
                            the fucking Democrats got mouth pieces shooting off different points of view every 10 minutes and not a fucking one of them has anything to offer but pissing and moaning about what is going on now.
                            By the time it sinks in that people don't care about yesterday and want to know what's going to happen tomorrow, the Dems may not have a voice left in Washington.

Soon, maybe no-one will have a voice that isn't propelled by gun powder.
                            Sorry CAT, but your comments are a bit off-track and outdated. The REPUBLICAN party IS THE NEW DEMOCRATIC Party, with the moderates beginning to reject the fundamentalist element, and splinter.

It's taken the Republicans less than ten years of what it took the Democrats over 40-years to do; fall apart due to corruption scandals, with a relative minority trying to hijack the agenda 'for JESUS,' or at least what their concept of JESUS is...

The IRAQ WAR is a complex problem requiring a lot of debate, thought, and tough choices to get out of, but then again, only one of the most amateurish, incompetent President in history could create (or recreate) this quagmire. He did it with the help of a political machine behind him, good at taking money from special interests and getting elected, but not actually governing once they get power...

The times they are a changin' CAT...
                            Last edited by Nickdfresh; 12-13-2005, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• diamondD
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2004

If the Dems lose the election, it will be the same old Diebold sob story from the same few here. If there's one thing I have learned over the years here, it's that some people will believe anything but the facts as long as it keeps their perceptions alive.
                              Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by diamondD
                                If the Dems lose the election, it will be the same old Diebold sob story from the same few here. If there's one thing I have learned over the years here, it's that some people will believe anything but the facts as long as it keeps their perceptions alive.
                                You mean like Fearless cheerLeader? LOL

Maybe the Republicans will cry about "liberal bias" in the press for years to come? Or, for not reporting the "good" news in Iraq...

Comment

Working...