Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Train
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

To say that record oil profits aren't a demand driven issue is just silly. To ignore China's rising production capacity and it's voracious appetite for oil is dim. To roll it all together with the US war and say that is the sole reason for rising profits is stupid.

To imply that, you would also have to go with the obvious. Why is Halliburton Exxon etc not sabotaging corn fields with lye, damaging hydro electic, wind and solar energy farms as well? THAT would drive up demand and price for oil. C,mon, they are madmen right? They will stop at nothing right? They have already killed a million people right?

Well, I remain unconvinced. You could claim ignorance, but I claim the opposite. All these journalists, theorists, and nutjobs can't paint a realistic picture for how these guys are profiting from it. If you can find out all this other shit, tell me why you can't prove how they are profiting. Bush and Cheney aren't. Until someone can prove it, it's all clutching at straws.

I don't say that to defend Bush. I say that because I don't buy into these theories. Lack of proof is a primary reason.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
      Why is Halliburton Exxon etc not sabotaging corn fields with lye
      Because Monsanto and Archer Daniels Midland are as close to the BCE as Exxon and Halliburton are.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

The oil crisis of the 1970's just about shut down Brazil. The govt. was not going to be caught in that trap again and started a nationwide alternative fuel program. Brazil grows huge amounts of sugar cane in which they distill ethanol from. They have a whole distribution system set up that has taken 30 years to build. Brazil is almost 100% energy independant.

Iceland is shooting to be the first hydrogen powered nation.

China is making a huge mistake. They are building a huge infastructure based on oil. Why not an alternative fuel like hydrogen? China is copying the US and they will find they will have the same problems. China is blowing it just like the US blew it.

Brazil of all countries, got it right. If you are energy independant, nobody can screw with you. If you have to depend of foriegners to supply you energy, you are more vunerable.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...