X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roy Munson
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
    Because though one may disagree with the reasoning behind sending troops to Iraq ( I think ALmost everyone agrees with going into Afghanistan), and find Chimpy to be an incompetent idiot, or WHATEVER---those are still our friends, family, and fellow citizens over there doing their JOBS fighting for our country...right or wrong. The blame rests at the top, not on the underlings doing the job. It's a complete cop-out for the Repukes to claim that 'you liberals' don't support the troops, or somehow love the country LESS....

I understand where you are coming from and I agree to an extent.

I won't go so far as to say that Libs want our troops to die because that's just ridiculous. I do, however, think that most Libs want us to lose the war. They're hatred for Bush is so deep that they would love to see him lose his ass in this thing, which he is doing.

I think if you're going to "support" the troops you should want them to WIN regardless of the policy. To say you support the troops but don't support the war they are fighting would be like me saying I support the Minnesota Vikings players but I don't want them to win any games 'cause I can't stand the coach.

Whether you agree with the reasons for going into this war or not, we are there and we need to do everything we can to win. Our troops deserve that kind of "support." I want them to win.
    Originally posted by ELVIS
    I guess you're right...

Comment

• diamondD
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Amen Roy. We're there now. Win the damn thing.
      Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• BigBadBrian
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Roy Munson

I think if you're going to "support" the troops you should want them to WIN regardless of the policy. To say you support the troops but don't support the war they are fighting would be like me saying I support the Minnesota Vikings players but I don't want them to win any games 'cause I can't stand the coach.

Good analogy, although I imagine it DOES suck to be a Vikings fan.
        “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

To expand Roy's analogy, you may hate the coach of the Vikings, but at least he used to be a football player, so he knows what it's like on the field.

The "coaches" of the current Pentagon (i.e. Team BCE/PNAC) don't have a fucking clue about the "game", because they had "other priorities" when it was their turn to be on the field at Ho Chi Minh stadium.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
            Veteran
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by FORD
            To expand Roy's analogy, you may hate the coach of the Vikings, but at least he used to be a football player, so he knows what it's like on the field.

The "coaches" of the current Pentagon (i.e. Team BCE/PNAC) don't have a fucking clue about the "game", because they had "other priorities" when it was their turn to be on the field at Ho Chi Minh stadium.
            So they should sit back and let this country be threatened by terrorists? You forget - your peers and fellow countrymen ELECTED these people to be in office. They have to serve their interets and the countrys (in that order) as best as they're able.

if one of the members of the "axis of evil" should ever get their hands on WMD, they should sit back and say "nothing we can do about it, we never served"?

And, as Richard Belzer established, people who DO serve aren't intelligent enough to run the country.

Need proof? Bush did. Cheney didn't. Ta-fucking-da...
            RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
              Veteran
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
              So they should sit back and let this country be threatened by terrorists? You forget - your peers and fellow countrymen ELECTED these people to be in office. They have to serve their interets and the countrys (in that order) as best as they're able.

if one of the members of the "axis of evil" should ever get their hands on WMD, they should sit back and say "nothing we can do about it, we never served"?

And, as Richard Belzer established, people who DO serve aren't intelligent enough to run the country.

Need proof? Bush did. Cheney didn't. Ta-fucking-da...
              Jesus Christ, Troll, how big of a fucking idiot can you be? I have never read such a bunch of garbage since the screenplay adaptation of Bridges of Madison County.

Moron...
              RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by diamondD
                That was my point. We're there, we made the mess (well, the current one ) we need to clean it up. Hang Chimpy later, maybe?
                Originally posted by conmee
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                Originally posted by eddie78
                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Wow...EMA is now trolling himself...gotta love America.
                  Originally posted by conmee
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                  Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                  I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                  Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                  Originally posted by eddie78
                  I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• EAT MY ASSHOLE
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2006

Wow...EMA is now trolling himself...gotta love America.
                    The power of Democracy!!!
                    RIM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Yeah, trust this clown. Reelect the Bushleaguer who got us into this mess to fix it....

We're not winning anything at this point...

Not making progress in three years and a stalemate is not "winning."
                      Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-23-2006, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• diamondD
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2004

So your solution is cut and run? Jeez...
                        Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• Roy Munson
                          Veteran
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh

Yeah, trust this clown. Reelect the Bushleaguer who got us into this mess to fix it....

We're not winning anything at this point...

Not making progress in three years and a stalemate is not "winning."

You missed my point. I never said we are winning anything (even though I do feel we are in some areas). I meant that we should be wanting to win for the troops' sake. I truly believe that there are those on the far left who are relishing the fact that things aren't going so well over there purely for their own political reasons. They hate Bush and probably enjoy seeing the slow demise of this situation.

For the record, I really like the new Vikings coach. It's the old one I couldn't stand. I didn't like his coaching across the board from the offense that he ran, to the way he handled players, to his draft selections. I still wanted the Vikes to win every sunday. The Vikes are my team no matter what, just as American soldiers are my team no matter what. I want them to win. Deal with the Pres after we get these troops home with a win.
                          I guess you're right...

Comment

• Roy Munson
                            Veteran
                            • Feb 2004

That was my point. We're there, we made the mess (well, the current one ) we need to clean it up. Hang Chimpy later, maybe?
                            I think we're on the same page for the most part.
                            I guess you're right...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

I've asked this same thing over and over and over........and NEVER gotten a straight answer.

WHAT DOES "WIN THE DAMN THING MEAN"??????????????

How many elections?

Is winning wiping out every "insurgent"???? Got news for you guys.......AINT NEVER GONNA HAPPEN

What the fuck is a WIN for you guys?

Simple question.
                              Originally posted by Kristy
                              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                              Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Roy Munson
                                Veteran
                                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by FORD

Using your logic Clinton was worthless as a commander-in-chief, too. Come on, THINK before you post this lame-brain shit-drivel.

At least our Pres knows how to fly a fighter jet. He's at least familiar with some aspect of the military. What did Clinton think of the military? Oh yeah, he loathed it.
                                I guess you're right...

Comment

Working...