X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

How about E) I'm correct?

Reciting generally accepted facts (and that list is) is not considered to be plagiarism.

And here I thought you were a teacher...

Again, you can admit to being anal and we'll move on.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
      Yeah, I really respect people who can come to a conclusion and then prove it.

I was waited to for us to kill more brown people after that little camping trip we had in afghanistan.
      Try that last sentence again. You obviously had your grammar switch in the "OFF" position.

“If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• ODShowtime
        ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by Warham
        The first soldier casualty wasn't until 1961, so I don't think we had more than a few dozen or even hundred troops troops when E was president. I wouldn't call that a 'presence' by any stretch of the imagination.
        yeah... just take out the facts that don't help your argument.

Where'd you learn how to do that? :confused:
        gnaw on it

Comment

• ODShowtime
          ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
          Try that last sentence again. You obviously had your grammar switch in the "OFF" position.

yeah that is fucked up. and it took me twice this time to figure it out. oh well

my keyboard died and I'm using some mini piece of shit. That's not an excuse for this fuck up, but I will be making more until I get a decent keyboard.
          gnaw on it

Comment

• Warham
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

yeah... just take out the facts that don't help your argument.

Where'd you learn how to do that? :confused:
            What are you talking about now?

Comment

• ODShowtime
              ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

What are you talking about now?
              Nick proved you wrong about the first President to get the US involved in Vietnam. Then all of a sudden pre-CIA agents and Green Berets don't count as US agents to you. So you just brush aside those facts that don't fit your incorrect argument.

It reminded me of how many republicans continue to justify their crumbling positions.

It's weak.
              gnaw on it

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Nick proved you wrong about the first President to get the US involved in Vietnam. Then all of a sudden pre-CIA agents and Green Berets don't count as US agents to you. So you just brush aside those facts that don't fit your incorrect argument.

It reminded me of how many republicans continue to justify their crumbling positions.

It's weak.
                No he didn't. He actually gave me one for saying Truman was the first to get involved. Did you read that post, or did you just fly over it like half of the thread?

I don't consider CIA members to be 'troops'. You may, if you so choose.

Comment

• ODShowtime
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

No he didn't. He actually gave me one for saying Truman was the first to get involved. Did you read that post, or did you just fly over it like half of the thread?

I thought he meant when Eisenhower the General, not the President.

It's conceivable he ordered it considering how intelligence was handled back then. That's probably how it went down.
                  gnaw on it

Comment

• ODShowtime
                    ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

regardless of where this goes, I was under the impression that the argument was which president started US involvement in Vietnam. Not who "sent troops" not who started the "presence" So we both fucked up...
                    gnaw on it

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

I thought he meant when Eisenhower the General, not the President.

It's conceivable he ordered it considering how intelligence was handled back then. That's probably how it went down.
                      No, no, he meant E, the president.

Sorry you were confused on that.

Comment

• Warham
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

regardless of where this goes, I was under the impression that the argument was which president started US involvement in Vietnam. Not who "sent troops" not who started the "presence" So we both fucked up...
                        I didn't. The whole premise of my point of view was that Truman initiated our involvement, and that it was Kennedy and Johnson that started sending our boys over there.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian

BTW dickwad, it should be: "you obviously HAVE had your grammar switch in the 'OFF' position."

Much like you have had your logic switch in the off position, terminally...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I didn't. The whole premise of my point of view was that Truman initiated our involvement,

Well you were wrong, FDR did by sending special operations/spys during the war with JAPAN (after they occupied the French colonies).

and that it was Kennedy and Johnson that started sending our boys over there.
                            Well then, pay attention to your own posted cut & pastes...

Ike sent US "Advisers" in in 1955-57', setting the stage for the US involvement in the War between North and South...

Comment

• Warham
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Alright then, if FDR started our involvement in Vietnam (not Japan), maybe you can cut and paste an article off the web to show me I'm wrong.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

You just admitted you were wrong, and ignorant of the Vietnam War history (like 90% of Americans who wanted to 'save a land from Communism' that they couldn't be bothered to find on a map.) WWII "initiated our involvement," not a president, but we didn't need to continue... That was the conscious choice.

FDR sent OSS Agents to Vietnam (well, not him personally, I doubt he was aware of any specifics) to help anti-Japanese/colonial insurgents like HO CHI MINH...

In fact, the CIA's dossier on MINH probably begins with him being an American supporter and nationalist guerrilla fighter...

I think I said this in one of my first posts --does every thread need to become a redundant circle-jerk around here???
                                Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-28-2006, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Working...