X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
    Do you mean companies that can defraud American taxpayers of millions of dollars?
    No, I'm talking about the number of companies in the world than can handle the logistics of such large operations in these specific parts of the world.

Comment

• Roy Munson
      Veteran
      • Feb 2004

While I do not want to totally defend Halliburton and it's practices I do wonder what the precedent might be for calculating these contracts? How can one specifically determine what certain contracts are worth when there really isn't any type of "market" to compare them to for pricing? We're talking about a war here. It's not like Dipshit Trucking putting in a bid to haul grapes from Bakersfield, CA to Des Moines, IA. That's an easy thing to guage when it comes to pricing because every chickenhauler and their grandmother is trying to get a run like that. That's why the price gets so low sometimes.

These are things I think about and question. I also know that Halliburton truck drivers who are working in Iraq are paid very well compared to a driver who works within the US. Of course, they would have to be when you consider the conditions and environment.

And I also wonder about equipment? I would bet that most of the equipment that Halliburton uses in Iraq is not standard by any means. It costs me almost $140,000 for a new truck and trailer and I'm talking about a regular sleeper truck with a van trailer. I'm willing to bet that's peanuts compared to how Halliburton has to spec their rigs. I wonder how many complete rigs are working over there? Hundreds? Thousands? What about maintenence and parts? What about the transportation of those parts from different sources across seas?

As far as the actual compensation contracts go, that's another story. It would be interesting to see exactly how Halliburton bid everything and why. Also, I know it's been said that Halliburton was given these contracts but I'm wondering what other companies also put in opposing bids for the work? I'll admit I maybe haven't looked as far into this story as some of you have.

I ask these questions with all due respect to the arguement that Halliburton could very well be fleecing this entire system. I just think that there are a lot of variables in this equation.
      Last edited by Roy Munson; 04-04-2006, 06:03 PM.
      Originally posted by ELVIS
      I guess you're right...

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Warham
        No, I'm talking about the number of companies in the world than can handle the logistics of such large operations in these specific parts of the world.
        Oh! In that case...

I am not sure. Before the invasion someone built Baghdad. Someone supplied the electricity. Someone handled the oil drilling and distribution. Someone built Saddam's palaces, etc. Was it Halliburton? I doubt it.

Before KBR the military prepared and served it's own food. It was called KP duty.

We have been fed this "Halliburton is the only company in the world that can..." for a long time by people who have been wrong about the invasion from the very beginning.
        Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Well, let's be honest here. Halliburton has been used by our government since at least the mid 90's, before any invasion took place.

Did they win those bids in the 90's because they were the lowest bidder or was there another reason?

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Warham
            Well, let's be honest here. Halliburton has been used by our government since at least the mid 90's, before any invasion took place.

Did they win those bids in the 90's because they were the lowest bidder or was there another reason?
            Take a look at this:

Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• Warham
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Ladybird Johnson owns/owned a lot of stock in Brown & Root.

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Halliburton wants to drill for oil on Mars?

What will the Martians think about an American occupation?

Comment

• ODShowtime
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
                  Yes I do know that, however, that brings this argument back to square one. After all the screaming about it, not a single shred of evidence exists to tie Cheney to profiteering. Kind of sad really.
                  It is sad that these criminals succeeded so thoroughly in their fleecing and cover-up job.

Where there's this much smoke, there's a fuckin fire dude.
                  gnaw on it

Comment

• ODShowtime
                    ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

I'm glad Warham thinks it's funny that we are pissing away billions of OUR money on a failed war that could rip the entire region to shreds.
                    gnaw on it

Comment

• Warham
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                      I'm glad Warham thinks it's funny that we are pissing away billions of OUR money on a failed war that could rip the entire region to shreds.
                      Keep improving on your fiction writing, OD, and you may become the next Dan Brown!

Comment

• Big Train
                        Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                        It is sad that these criminals succeeded so thoroughly in their fleecing and cover-up job.

Where there's this much smoke, there's a fuckin fire dude.
                        Kindly show me the open flame then, is all I'm asking.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

All you have to do is read the newspaper, instead of making useless requests in this forum.

Comment

• Warham
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

They are useless requests, that's for sure, because nobody will provide the smoking gun.

Comment

• Big Train
                              Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Exactly. If I said "I want to just assume a lot of stuff and throw in my pre determined conclusion" yea, reading the newspaper and watching TV is pretty effective. I'm just asking for a simple thing that nobody who is positive about Cheney can seem to prove.

Comment

• diamondD
                                Veteran
                                • Jan 2004

They just "know" he's guilty. Why should they provide proof?
                                Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

Working...