X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ally_Kat
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Warham
    CBS just got a boost in credibility with Katie coming over from NBS.
    And NBC a notch down with Meredith Vehoweveryouspellit.

I hope they don't expect anyone to take any political interviews from her seriously. She's broken the journalist's cardinal rule one too many times.
    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The irony here is that Meredith Viera used to be a reporter for 60 Minutes. She was more qualified to step in at CBS than Katie Whoreic was, though a little out of practice.

So now I guess the only question is, who takes over on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?"
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
        And NBC a notch down with Meredith Vehoweveryouspellit.

I hope they don't expect anyone to take any political interviews from her seriously.

As opposed to Katie's lap dog lobbing soft balls shtick?

I loathe that woman. She's not a journalist by any stretch. She's a talking Pop Tart.
        Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Ally_Kat
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
          As opposed to Katie's lap dog lobbing soft balls shtick?

I loathe that woman. She's not a journalist by any stretch. She's a talking Pop Tart.
          And that's why I don't even watch her. I couldn't tell you if she's broken the cardinal rule or not because I just don't give her my attention. Especially after that HUGE paycheck she started to get.
          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Ally_Kat
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
            The irony here is that Meredith Viera used to be a reporter for 60 Minutes. She was more qualified to step in at CBS than Katie Whoreic was, though a little out of practice.

So now I guess the only question is, who takes over on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?"
            I have to disagree, Ford. She lsot all qualification when she laid her cards out on the table telling everyone what her political beliefs were. You don't do that and then suddenly expect to go do hard news again. You don't see Walters marching in parades and she usually avoids giving a straight answer when one of the chicks asks her what her opinion is. Why? Because she wants to keep her credibility.
            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I have to disagree, Ford. She lsot all qualification when she laid her cards out on the table telling everyone what her political beliefs were. You don't do that and then suddenly expect to go do hard news again. You don't see Walters marching in parades and she usually avoids giving a straight answer when one of the chicks asks her what her opinion is. Why? Because she wants to keep her credibility.
              Katie tells everyone what her political beliefs are in nearly every interview she does. Because at the first sign of any criticism of the Chimp she tries to either shout down the guest or abruptly change the subject. Although Lauer is worse. The fact that he's been cutting his hair like a skinhead since Chimpy's been in office ain't no coincidence.

As for Baba Wawa, everyone knows she's no Busheep. Which is why she and Hugh Downs were put out to pasture at 20/20 and replaced by LizzieBeth KissAss and that insufferable asshole John Stossell.
              Last edited by FORD; 04-07-2006, 12:46 AM.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Warham
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

Matt Lauer a skinhead? News to me.

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
                  Commando
                  • May 2004

Can someone set me straight here. I thought Couric was a liberal and Lauer just the same?????

Comment

• Warham
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

They both are liberal.

You could tell in Lauer's case when he went over to Iraq last year.

I'll have to find the video and post it.

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
                      Commando
                      • May 2004

Thanks Warham, it just threw me off, because Ford and Lounge were not in favor of her. I don't recall her being a Bush supporter.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

I have to disagree, Ford. She lsot all qualification when she laid her cards out on the table telling everyone what her political beliefs were. You don't do that and then suddenly expect to go do hard news again.

This is nonsense.

Go all the way back to Murrow.

Many fine journalists, print, radio, TV, have been quite open in their politcal beliefs and still had their integrity.

Actually I have more respect when they ARE open. Knowing what a pandering sleaze Chris Matthews is allows me to watch him with open eyes and ears.

It's the ones who are cagey and secretive that I don't trust.

Just because you're in the media doesn't mean you're a politcal eunich. It's only natural to have your own beliefs.

And for the record, some of my favorites are of right leaning persuasion, i.e. George Will, Bill Kristol.

I like these guys, and respect their opinions, but disagree with their

personal politics

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
                          Thanks Warham, it just threw me off, because Ford and Lounge were not in favor of her. I don't recall her being a Bush supporter.
                          You don't recall?

puh-lease

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
                            Commando
                            • May 2004

LOL. Lounge she always gave me the impression as being pro Hillary.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
                              LOL. Lounge she always gave me the impression as being pro Hillary.
                              That's just the Estrogen talking.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                                This is nonsense.

Go all the way back to Murrow.

Many fine journalists, print, radio, TV, have been quite open in their politcal beliefs and still had their integrity.

Actually I have more respect when they ARE open. Knowing what a pandering sleaze Chris Matthews is allows me to watch him with open eyes and ears.

It's the ones who are cagey and secretive that I don't trust.

Just because you're in the media doesn't mean you're a politcal eunich. It's only natural to have your own beliefs.

And for the record, some of my favorites are of right leaning persuasion, i.e. George Will, Bill Kristol.

I like these guys, and respect their opinions, but disagree with their

personal politics
                                It's not nonsense. And there's a difference between editorial journalism and news journalism. Unfortunately, across America, in this forum, and even in the newsrooms, too many people mistake the one for the other. And no, I'm not talking about being able to point out an OpEd piece or not.
                                Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...